Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777996 times)

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4710 on: August 11, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
Worst:  Geneva's(?) call
I've never posted before... but I felt the need to vent my rage at these calls. They are infuriatingly boring,  and I.. just.. can't.. take.. the .. giggles ..anymore.

If you're feeling rage based on a call I recommend taking a deep breath and relaxing. Geneva is top notch.

It's okay. I don't really think I'm the best caller either, so I can take the heat. However, I haven't been heave-ho'd yet, so maybe I'm not doing something totally wrong...

That's weird. I don't see this original post anywhere -did someone delete it? Or am I just blind (and boring)?
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

kiemzi

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4711 on: August 11, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »
you're great, geneva!

also, when tom first answered milo's call and was calling him "madam" and stuff was the best.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4712 on: August 11, 2010, 03:21:03 PM »
MikeD no longer exists as a member of the board. I think it was his first (and therefore only) post, too ... which means it's some weisenheimer who just made a fake account to fart out their one comment or whatever.

You know what's nice? A drama-free board. I wasn't around for some of the fuckery that took place a few years back, but I'm glad its over. I just recently had some total a-hole tweet at Scharpling that he hated my "cackle". A dude I was following, mind you, so I totally saw it. It's PFT's definition of the entire internet "I know you can see me, and I don't like you".

Don't like someone? Keep it to yourself - the caller will be gone in a few minutes. Or take it to c-town. Christ.

Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4713 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
MikeD no longer exists as a member of the board. I think it was his first (and therefore only) post, too ... which means it's some weisenheimer who just made a fake account to fart out their one comment or whatever.

You know what's nice? A drama-free board. I wasn't around for some of the fuckery that took place a few years back, but I'm glad its over. I just recently had some total a-hole tweet at Scharpling that he hated my "cackle". A dude I was following, mind you, so I totally saw it. It's PFT's definition of the entire internet "I know you can see me, and I don't like you".

Don't like someone? Keep it to yourself - the caller will be gone in a few minutes. Or take it to c-town. Christ.

Oh man. That is kind of disheartening though - that someone disliked me so much that they made an account to make a remark and then deleted it. Geez.

I agree with the drama-free board thing. I try to be as supportive as possible to people that call in -even the ones that flame out, because we all know it's not that easy once you've tried/done it.

I'm sorry to hear that someone made a remark about your laugh, Christina. I think it's a great laugh IMO - I love hearty laughs! I think it makes you very memorable also!
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4714 on: August 11, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »
Great show last night.  Lots of GOMPing and the callers were more than a bit unhinged.  Great crowd control work by Tom.  I can't wait for my helicopter rides at the Gathering of the Tramp Stamped.

betheboy

« Reply #4715 on: August 11, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »

I also should refrain from challenging people who do criticize as it simply draws attention to them.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4716 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »
Your calls are good, Geneva.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4717 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
Staff Sgt Dirty-Leg.

betheboy

« Reply #4718 on: August 11, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
Getting back on track: I got home last night feeling terrible and I thought that nothing could make me feel better but Candy's doo-wop and kitten problems made me happy all over again. 

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4719 on: August 11, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
"The President is so good at burns."

Kiwi_Herman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4720 on: August 11, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »
Skrimpy Doo and Studio Gibblet on the Sunset Strip. And also Tom's whole assessment of Frederick's podcast made me laugh. BTW, I love the podcast Fredericks.Listening to your podcast made me feel like I was on some spining teacup, yelling let me off, let me off, but the person working the controls wouldn't stop the ride,and he kept wheeze laughing at me.

Worst moment is not really a worst moment, but it's a shame Paul called in so late. Paul's call could have gone on for at least another 10 mins.

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4721 on: August 11, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
Anyone know who Candy is? I had a feeling Tom was familiar with her. She is great! Her call at the end of the show was very very funny.

Yes, she's awesome & her calls last night were totally cute. She was on the show once a number of months back ... one of the 6 hour shows, I think. She knows Tom & Jillian Barberie and is at many of the WFMU things - I also was at one of the marathons with her & we rode home on the subways to Brooklyn all sleepy & tired afterward.
Thanks Auntie Christina And Be The Boy!

Auntie C(if I may call you that), your calls are really great! I notice a slight sound of relief when Tom talks with people he knows and likes. After he deals with the anonymous animal/troublemakers that call, you can hear his exasperation turn into relief when power callers or just plain regular good folks call in. 

ErnieWV

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4722 on: August 11, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »
There are endless mutations of the internet troll and MikeD seems to be one. Most thrive on the anger they inspire so it is usually best to ignore them.

Spalding

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4723 on: August 11, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
"Mooo-ooon-lit night"

Spontaneous and spot-on. In his younger days, Tom must have had a car with an AM only radio. That's my excuse for knowing about that junk.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4724 on: August 11, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »
Auntie C(if I may call you that), your calls are really great!

Seconded! 

BTW, Auntie Christina, Gawker has a good article about the Pop-Tart Cafe in Times Square...well, not so much an article as a collection of terrible reviews:

http://gawker.com/5609808/critics-review-the-brand-new-pop+tarts-cafe-frankly-vile

As for my favorite moment last night, Tom's imitation of the Joe Pesci-like gentlemen on line at the theater to see "Dinner for Douches...heh heh heh heh."
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling