Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778275 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4770 on: August 18, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »
I think the anti-Spike guy was the really nervous guy who called in and said he was a vegetarian 'as of yourself' a while back. I could be wrong though, or as Spike would say: Not true, pets!

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4771 on: August 18, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »
I think the anti-Spike guy was the really nervous guy who called in and said he was a vegetarian 'as of yourself' a while back. I could be wrong though, or as Spike would say: Not true, pets!

That is what I thought as well.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

dutch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4772 on: August 18, 2010, 02:13:34 PM »
you're probably right. I think we're all pretty sure that Spike's voice is real.

What's the consensus on whether the guy from Kissamme, FL was LDP? He did start the conversation with "I'm glad Larry The Perv is gone" and he did have a LDP like laugh after he said "Jersey Boy". I don't hear it otherwise.

MusclesMarinara

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4773 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
What's the consensus on whether the guy from Kissamme, FL was LDP?

I'm certain Tom was right. The Kissamme guy has a twitter (https://twitter.com/ScottiDoyle) where he argues with LDP's twitter (https://twitter.com/LarryDPerv). Both accounts were started within hours of each other. Probably not a coincidence.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4774 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
What's the consensus on whether the guy from Kissamme, FL was LDP?

I'm certain Tom was right. The Kissamme guy has a twitter (https://twitter.com/ScottiDoyle) where he argues with LDP's twitter (https://twitter.com/LarryDPerv). Both accounts were started within hours of each other. Probably not a coincidence.
CONSPIRACY?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4775 on: August 18, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »
Getting back on track: I got home last night feeling terrible and I thought that nothing could make me feel better but Candy's doo-wop and kitten problems made me happy all over again.

I listened to the show over the course of a few days so when she called in at the end and just started singing I couldn't figure out what was going on and why Tom seemed to be enjoying it instead of just heave ho-ing her. Then I remembered her call at the start of the show and I now declare her the best caller of the show.

Runner up is Milo just for the bit where he assumed "Spoonman was just some song Tom was making up and Tom said "No, it's by Soundgarden. You think I could write a great song like that?"

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4776 on: August 18, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
Hey,
   Nobody want to talk about, I don't know, the best/worst moments of Last Night's Show???

-The Z-Man

dicebourbon

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4777 on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »
Hey,
   Nobody want to talk about, I don't know, the best/worst moments of Last Night's Show???

-The Z-Man

Ok, Z-Man. I only caught a little bit of the show, but I loved Wally's automatic approval of "a man of the cloth".

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4778 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »
I also enjoyed Candy's singing, it was some very random and unexpected stuff ('Hey. Hey! Hey Stupid!'). More people should call in and start singing.

Last night was good, lots of puppet talk. Who knew the guy who voices Elmo is a really big dude with a deep voice? Not me.

Kevin Clash/Elmo!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4779 on: August 18, 2010, 10:55:53 PM »
Wow, awesome footage!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm so jealous of that dude getting to "be" Elmo, at the end.  What was this from?  And yeah, it is funny.  Just watching that, but focusing on his mouth while he did the voice is still kinda crazy, as the image and sound don't quite seem to match.  He's great.

-The Z-Man

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4780 on: August 19, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »
Actually I just did a bit of googling around. Freaked me out after hearing Elmo so much when my daughter was little. In retrospect as w/ the Muppets I didn't necessarily think too much about the person behind him, as characters they stand on their own (Wally, too).

Wow, awesome footage!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm so jealous of that dude getting to "be" Elmo, at the end.  What was this from?  And yeah, it is funny.  Just watching that, but focusing on his mouth while he did the voice is still kinda crazy, as the image and sound don't quite seem to match.  He's great.

-The Z-Man

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4781 on: August 19, 2010, 11:38:30 AM »
Steve, that video was great. Thanks for finding it an sharing it. Once he has Elmo on, you can really see just what a talent he is with that character. Great stuff. Made me really happy this morning.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4782 on: August 19, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
Thanks, Steve!  You're putting me in some really good company.  Especially nice to hear after seeing someone online say they liked Wally until they realized we had the same voice, which is only partially true, and for obvious reasons.

-The Z-Man

Hatch

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4783 on: August 19, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
Z-Man, rest assured that an old drunkard who called into the Night Perverts last night liked our show. Or at least Mike's portion of it. Actually come to think of it there's a possibility it was just a very intoxicated Mike.

We're still looking for a show name if anyone's got any bright ideas.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4784 on: August 19, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
Z-Man, rest assured that an old drunkard who called into the Night Perverts last night liked our show. Or at least Mike's portion of it. Actually come to think of it there's a possibility it was just a very intoxicated Mike.

We're still looking for a show name if anyone's got any bright ideas.

very intoxicated Mike

old drunkard who called

there's a possibility

Z-Man, rest assured

Perverts last night liked our show.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."