Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777899 times)

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4785 on: August 19, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
 I'm listening right now and it definitely sounds like the guy, I forget his name, who Tom befriended, the cancer victim who liked Dave Brubeck.  He accused Tom of being a misogynist and gay.  I say accuse as that is clearly what he was doing, though he couldn't remember Tom's last name.  He calls in around the 25 minute mark.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4786 on: August 19, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »
I'm listening right now and it definitely sounds like the guy, I forget his name, who Tom befriended, the cancer victim who liked Dave Brubeck.  He accused Tom of being a misogynist and gay.  I say accuse as that is clearly what he was doing, though he couldn't remember Tom's last name.  He calls in around the 25 minute mark.

"BOB"

Right, Omar?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4787 on: August 20, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »
Is this show going to be archived in the podcasts? Friday afternoon and it's not up yet.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4788 on: August 20, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
Is this show going to be archived in the podcasts? Friday afternoon and it's not up yet.

Check Hatch not Best Show.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4789 on: August 20, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »

Check Hatch not Best Show.

http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/36965

There's a couple of "listen to this show" links ... right above a picture of Wally and the Z-man.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4790 on: August 20, 2010, 09:49:50 PM »
Oh, PLEASE tell me it will be podcasted!  Mike & Therese have been given that treatment, and I was hoping to listen to it on my iPod on the way up to Veronica, Monday.  How can we make sure this happens?  I need an offline archive of this!  Thanks for any help, in advance.

-The Z-Man

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4791 on: August 21, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
Z-Man, rest assured that an old drunkard who called into the Night Perverts last night liked our show. Or at least Mike's portion of it. Actually come to think of it there's a possibility it was just a very intoxicated Mike.

We're still looking for a show name if anyone's got any bright ideas.

The Best Show with Tom Sterling

I thought you guys did great. I was not expecting to hear Wally. It was fun. It was nice to talk to the both of you.
Doing it Mentos style.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4792 on: August 21, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
We're still looking for a show name if anyone's got any bright ideas.

In a world domination, odd-couple, Nietzschean vein: "Man and Wakiman"

Oh, I also loved it when, no matter how "Professor X" Wally was laying out his vision of a future where puppet and human live in peace, everyone kept reacting like he was calling for puppet world domination.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4793 on: August 21, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »

"Man and Wakiman"

I like it.

The "man" can be an interchangeable cog in Wally's world domination machine.

Wear one out or just out "live" him, simply get another one.

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4794 on: August 21, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »
Oh, PLEASE tell me it will be podcasted!  Mike & Therese have been given that treatment, and I was hoping to listen to it on my iPod on the way up to Veronica, Monday.  How can we make sure this happens?  I need an offline archive of this!  Thanks for any help, in advance.

-The Z-Man

This should work: http://mp3archives.wfmu.org/archive/kdb/mp3jump2010.mp3/0:7:17/0/HM/hm100817.mp3

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #4795 on: August 21, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
whys Tom got a problem with the Joe Rogan podcast

it's actually pretty decent

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4796 on: August 21, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
I don't really have a problem with Joe Rogan either. Saw his special on Comedy Central and he seems like an intelligent enough guy, even if his neck is pretty thick. Haven't heard his podcast, but may check it out.

Carolla makes my skin Carrawla. Haw haw. Banned for life now.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4797 on: August 21, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »

-The Z-Man

This should work: http://mp3archives.wfmu.org/archive/kdb/mp3jump2010.mp3/0:7:17/0/HM/hm100817.mp3

Thank you, sir.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4798 on: August 22, 2010, 12:45:46 AM »
Hey Gang,
   Thanks for the help finding the MP3 of the show, and other kind words.  Nice talking to you (through Wally), too, Nicole!  Also, Fredericks, not sure if you're referring to Hatch as co-host who could be replaced, or me as "handler".  If the latter, than I guess it worked for Kermit, but if so, who would be my Steve Whitmire once I'm gone?  Secondly, as much as I'd like Wally to live on as long as possible, as proof of my/his success and popularity, I'm not sure I'd want another to take the reins.  Sure, it'd probably be a lot easier to approximate the voice/mannerisms than with a Kermit The Frog, but I just don't think it would be right?  If the world still wanted Wally, would that be selfish of me?

-The Z-Man

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4799 on: August 22, 2010, 01:14:15 AM »
I think that's Wally's decision, not yours.