Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778134 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4800 on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »
Hey Gang,
   Thanks for the help finding the MP3 of the show, and other kind words.  Nice talking to you (through Wally), too, Nicole!  Also, Fredericks, not sure if you're referring to Hatch as co-host who could be replaced, or me as "handler".  If the latter, than I guess it worked for Kermit, but if so, who would be my Steve Whitmire once I'm gone?  Secondly, as much as I'd like Wally to live on as long as possible, as proof of my/his success and popularity, I'm not sure I'd want another to take the reins.  Sure, it'd probably be a lot easier to approximate the voice/mannerisms than with a Kermit The Frog, but I just don't think it would be right?  If the world still wanted Wally, would that be selfish of me?

-The Z-Man

I was referring to Hatch, but you can be included, as well.

And yes, if the world wanted Wally, you would be acting selfishly.

Never mind, fight the power.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Hatch

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4801 on: August 22, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »
Man And Wackiman...

I LOVE IT

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4802 on: August 22, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
I think I found it a little funnier when Wally told Fredericks to "Save it for your podcast" than I would have if it were a human being saying it. Is that puppetist of me?
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4803 on: August 22, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »
Well, I finally finished listening and I have to say by far the best part for me was the return of the Mike Show.  Wally is cute and all, but nobody does it like Mike on the mike.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4804 on: August 22, 2010, 09:57:57 PM »
Man And Wackiman...

I LOVE IT
WackimanMan
veni dixie vici

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4805 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
Listening to the podcast on the subway yesterday, I started giggling at "I hope they build 5 mosques down at Ground Zero." I don't know if it makes me look crazy or not just to be sitting there completely calm and then shaking with laughter the next.

It certainly isn't as bad as the very upset man I heard the other morning screaming in Patois at the top of his lungs. If words were graffiti, every house on my street have a 5 ft, bright orange "Bumbaclot" on it.

SALT IN THE WOUND written by Rita W. Jones

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4806 on: August 23, 2010, 07:06:33 PM »
Listening to the podcast on the subway yesterday, I started giggling at "I hope they build 5 mosques down at Ground Zero." I don't know if it makes me look crazy or not just to be sitting there completely calm and then shaking with laughter the next.

It certainly isn't as bad as the very upset man I heard the other morning screaming in Patois at the top of his lungs. If words were graffiti, every house on my street have a 5 ft, bright orange "Bumbaclot" on it.

That made me sick.
Doing it Mentos style.

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #4807 on: August 23, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »

That made me sick.

Then I highly recommend that you do not click through and read the comments.

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4808 on: August 25, 2010, 02:21:02 AM »
The story about the women eating cheesesteaks in a Philly Starbucks is sticking with me. Like a greasy Nighthawks.

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4809 on: August 25, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
I'm sure Tom is ready to take on a crowd of 15,000. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scharpling-15000/113082132080877

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4810 on: August 25, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »
I'm sure Tom is ready to take on a crowd of 15,000. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scharpling-15000/113082132080877

Oops
Something went wrong. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4811 on: August 25, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »

Oops
Something went wrong. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.

Yeah, I couldn't find a straight forward link that wouldn't give that error.  My bad.  If you have a link that does not give that error, please post it.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4812 on: August 25, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
Tom, on the constant stream of praise through-out the show:

"Am I dying or something? Does someone know something I don't?"

then segueing into Paul Stanley's "for all you little people out there" speech,

then getting aggrieved that the dude from Houston didn't know he was kidding.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4813 on: August 25, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
minibryce

betheboy

« Reply #4814 on: August 25, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »
Wally Wackiman's knowledge of Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory impressed me.