Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778133 times)

Barry Egan

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4905 on: September 08, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »
Speaking of which, does anyone remember the dates/times of the two Ross calls?  In one Tom threatens to impale him on the Colgate Clock and in another Ross sings a song about how awful the show is.    They were sometime in 2009, one or two weeks apart.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4906 on: September 08, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
Speaking of which, does anyone remember the dates/times of the two Ross calls?  In one Tom threatens to impale him on the Colgate Clock and in another Ross sings a song about how awful the show is.    They were sometime in 2009, one or two weeks apart.

Ross performed his song on the 6/3/08 program.  I believe the impaling call was on 4/8/08.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4907 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
Agree with Jon from Maplewood in re to the guy from Illinois being the worst moments.

I feel bad for saying it, but I think the best moment might have been Tom getting Jamesed. I think it's because it came right after the call from Lisa Jane Persky that seemed like it might have been turning the show's tone around.

I lost it over that James call.

Excellent show last night.

I only got to hear a little bit live -- I must have missed the drunk caller -- but I heard that James call.  I was actually frozen still after that waiting to find out what would happen next -- a Tom explosion?  A door shut with Steve coming on the air to say Tom went home?  Great tension ... I heard a record crackling and thought the Pangea threat was finally coming down...then the unexpected with George Harrison.  Nice.

LJP's calls from the past two weeks have been something else -- they're not jokey but they are nice and genuine and bring out a side you don't see much from The Kid. You can see why everyone who has met her for a photoshoot likes her so much. 

Barry Egan

« Reply #4908 on: September 08, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »

Ross performed his song on the 6/3/08 program.  I believe the impaling call was on 4/8/08.

Ha! I wasn't even close, and you pulled it!

Thank you, Omar.  Like the Ross calls, you are top-notch.

Jeff in Seattle

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4909 on: September 08, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
I really enjoy LJP's calls, she's a class act.

I am inclined to think that Tom and James are pulling a fast one. James' voice is easily recognizable and there is no way Steve, Mike or Tom would get fooled that easily so often.

SHENANIGANS!

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4910 on: September 08, 2010, 05:35:48 PM »
For some reason, the mosquito truck made me howl.

betheboy

« Reply #4911 on: September 08, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »
I really enjoy LJP's calls, she's a class act.

I am inclined to think that Tom and James are pulling a fast one. James' voice is easily recognizable and there is no way Steve, Mike or Tom would get fooled that easily so often.

SHENANIGANS!

When you take as many calls as Tom and Mike and Steve do, voices tend to blend together and James calls infrequently enough that he probably goes unnoticed. However, I'll never forget the day tom Jamesed, James.

confound

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4912 on: September 08, 2010, 05:53:15 PM »
"I've been reading up on survival stuff but they don't have anything about robots. It's mostly about the good uses of whiskey and how to use trash bags as flotation devices. They didn't get to the robot part yet, in my backpacker magazine."

That's amazing.

bmills

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4913 on: September 08, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »
"I've been reading up on survival stuff but they don't have anything about robots. It's mostly about the good uses of whiskey and how to use trash bags as flotation devices. They didn't get to the robot part yet, in my backpacker magazine."

That's amazing.
For some reason, the mosquito truck made me howl.

I had to tune out right before this. Biggest mistake of my life. A+ call from Fredericks

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4914 on: September 09, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
For all we know, James is a skilled mimic who tricked Steve during the screening.

bachwards

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4915 on: September 09, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »

Ha! I wasn't even close, and you pulled it!

Thank you, Omar.  Like the Ross calls, you are top-notch.

There's also his first call in the last 10 minutes of the 3/25/08 show, where he tells Tom to add up the age of Markham, Illinois himself.

put_it_away

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4916 on: September 09, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
I know that I am not the only one who has been playing All Things Must Pass nonstop since Tuesday night.

milo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4917 on: September 09, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »
ok dudes listen up I am angry over the events of the last show and especially hatch who ignores me on facebook  hatch says ''i think its a little creepy that milo is having long coversations with Z-Man''  well i'm sure that hatch is glad that i got a three week ban well i guess this is farewell for three weeks

P.S thanks for rating me out Z-Man   

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4918 on: September 09, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
ok dudes listen up I am angry over the events of the last show and especially hatch who ignores me on facebook  hatch says ''i think its a little creepy that milo is having long coversations with Z-Man''  well i'm sure that hatch is glad that i got a three week ban well i guess this is farewell for three weeks

P.S thanks for rating me out Z-Man   

GIVE IN TO YOUR ANGER.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4919 on: September 09, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »
That Hatch, boy I'll tell you.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."