Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778486 times)

ham bone

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4965 on: September 25, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
Laurie From Miami on Xanax. Awesome.

agreed - the show was awesome and weird all the way through, but this was a moment unto itself!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4966 on: September 29, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »
No question, the worst moment for me was hearing that darling Julie from Cincinnati saying she hates cats.

Love Julie, have a hard time with people who hate cats.

"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4967 on: September 29, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »
No question, the worst moment for me was hearing that darling Julie from Cincinnati saying she hates cats.

Love Julie, have a hard time with people who hate cats.

Same here!  It bummed me out when I heard Julie say she hates cats.  Maybe it's because she obviously a dog person, and often dog people unwittingly antagonize cats out of their love for canines.  OR--  some people just don't get that cats are cats and they take it personally.  But if someone wants to test my tolerance of a person, then they just have to start hating on cats. 

(That's right--  I am conducting armchair psychology on Julie From Cincinnati, a person who I otherwise have a hard time reading.)

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4968 on: September 30, 2010, 12:24:50 AM »
You're my kind of people, RwDD.  But then, this is somebody who has, or had, an irrational fear of the color purple, so...

But she worked on it!  Let's hope she also works on this dislike of sweet kitties.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4969 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »
I have six cats! 

I missed her saying that. 

"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4970 on: September 30, 2010, 01:04:02 AM »
You're my kind of people, RwDD.  But then, this is somebody who has, or had, an irrational fear of the color purple, so...

You hate The Color Purple?!  But it features some of Danny Glover's work as an actor!  j/k

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4971 on: September 30, 2010, 01:06:14 AM »
I have six cats! 

I missed her saying that. 

Six cats?  I guess they have a timeshare plan on their ownership of you.  And BTW--  what's the male equivalent of a Crazy Cat Lady?  (Not that you're that, Fredericks...)

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4972 on: September 30, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
No, Julie is the one who fears purple.  She had to explore this as a way to get past her aversion to Wally.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4973 on: September 30, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »

It appears this "Justine Davis" character is stealing Spike's ideas ...

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4974 on: September 30, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »
Spike having a gang of hostages in his dungeon whom he forces to act out soap operas for his own amusement. I'd watch the hell out of that show.

glorenzow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4975 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Spike having a gang of hostages in his dungeon whom he forces to act out soap operas for his own amusement. I'd watch the hell out of that show.

YES. "Days of our Spikes" made my laugh so much. Good one, Wally!

jendawnb

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4976 on: September 30, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »

Yes!  This, and Wally being offended when Geneva said she was calling in to "defend herself."  Wally saying "... yet" when Geneva said she hasn't kissed his cheek.  The puppet rumor mill was just so great to me.  Geneva's story of running to catch a bus made me imagine Wally taking a cab to meet her at the airport.
"I am the shade of a person who was killed in a violent crime, and my spirit lingers here on earth because of the unfinished business that I have in life.  Could you play some Ke$ha?"

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4977 on: October 06, 2010, 10:19:17 PM »
 - "Mike, that's a cartoon - this is my life."

- "Oh, ok. But there were truths in that cartoon."

Fred Flintstone: Degenerate Gambler

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4978 on: October 06, 2010, 11:33:28 PM »

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4979 on: October 07, 2010, 07:23:15 AM »
Just listened to the archive yesterday as I crashed about 930 or 10 on Tues and missed the show. Both you and Dave turned in awesome calls, Chris. Also LfM's disbelief RE her whacked out call the previous week, which I thought was hysterical.

Also I love Udo Kier.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?