Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777857 times)

lauramaili

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #5385 on: December 16, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »
80's Rick: "It works really well but it smells like a mix of (something) fudge, wet burlap and burnt urine -- hello?"
"You know that movie Minority Report? You're like  those weirdos in the tub."

DJ Clem

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5386 on: December 17, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »
I'm completely unfamiliar with John Roderick, but did anyone else think he sounded like Seth Rogen? I thought he was a great guest, personally. He didn't say much, but he made me laugh more than once
For sure:

Mike: You said my luggage was creepy!
JR (perfect comic timing): Your posture is creepy!

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5387 on: December 17, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we hear someone crawling to the mic to participate in the call from Bryce?

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5388 on: December 17, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
Tom yelling "IT WAS A BAAAABY!" at Bryce, followed by random thumping noises.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #5389 on: December 17, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
After listening to the show in its entirety, I'm convinced someone can devise a drinking game around the random thumpings (or as I prefer to call them: Tom's "emergency naps").

It's also amazing to me that 4 Loko so befuddles the mind that I couldn't even accomplish a simple Jake LaMotta impression: "I never went down, Sugar. You never got me down, Sugar."
See God, Kai

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5390 on: December 18, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
After listening to the show in its entirety, I'm convinced someone can devise a drinking game around the random thumpings (or as I prefer to call them: Tom's "emergency naps").

It's also amazing to me that 4 Loko so befuddles the mind that I couldn't even accomplish a simple Jake LaMotta impression: "I never went down, Sugar. You never got me down, Sugar."

Doesn't the label indicate how many you are supposed to drink?

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5391 on: December 18, 2010, 12:07:19 PM »
Top to bottom that was the best Best Show ever. There may have been bits that made me laugh more, but from start to finish none was better.

Fave line (Relatively sober division)- "I'm getting my masters in library science"
"What are you learning? How to attach an unweildy object to the men's room key?"

That's papraphrased and thus likely mangled, but it still made me laugh.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5392 on: December 19, 2010, 05:24:54 AM »
Mike making a point to get on mic to say "I'm gonna help myself to some cheese" and Tom devolving into his time-honored caricature of a drunk were the highlights for me.  The Christmas caroling actually made me genuinely nostalgic.

LaurenNicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5393 on: December 19, 2010, 07:13:21 AM »
in britain, we sadly don't have access to the wonders of FourLoko, what we do have is "Buckfast Tonic Wine", which is a similar beverage, but brewed by benedictine monks!!

it is quite controversial in Scotland, because of it's links to low-income-youth-violent crime in an area around Glasgow now known as "the Buckfast triangle".

Crumblestein by name Crumblestein by nature!

jendawnb

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5394 on: December 19, 2010, 10:28:20 AM »
Top to bottom that was the best Best Show ever. There may have been bits that made me laugh more, but from start to finish none was better.

Don't you mean "from soup to nuts?"

I have nothing new to contribute -- except I think John Roderick has a touch of very-calm Jeff Garlin in his voice, and I hope saying so does not trigger a campaign to stop telling people, "You know who you sound like?" -- but these made me guffaw-replay-guffaw:

The way 80s Rick said that sad "Hello?" at the end of his sentence.
&
Tom yelling "IT WAS A BAAAABY!" at Bryce, followed by random thumping noises.
&
Tom devolving into his time-honored caricature of a drunk.

Also, "guffaw-replay-guffaw" will be my next Ted Leo parody song.
"I am the shade of a person who was killed in a violent crime, and my spirit lingers here on earth because of the unfinished business that I have in life.  Could you play some Ke$ha?"

Quilombo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5395 on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
in britain, we sadly don't have access to the wonders of FourLoko, what we do have is "Buckfast Tonic Wine", which is a similar beverage, but brewed by benedictine monks!!

it is quite controversial in Scotland, because of it's links to low-income-youth-violent crime in an area around Glasgow now known as "the Buckfast triangle".

There was a programme about it on the BBC where they found 40% of people in one Scottish young offenders' institute had been drinking "Buckie" before they were arrested.

It's also famous of course for featuring in a Ted Leo song...
Ted Leo - "A Bottle of Buckie" Live

Sarah

« Reply #5396 on: December 19, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
It's not often I get to interact with a sentient Brazilian settlement, Quilombo.  I like the movie and the song you inspired.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5397 on: December 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM »
This moment got eclipsed in my memory by the LOKO MADNESS that followed, but I loved the story of Tom meeting the two teenagers at the basketball game:

"When you get to high school, I'm gonna getcha...and if you try to go to Vo-Tech, HE'S gonna getcha!"
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Quilombo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5398 on: December 20, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »
It's not often I get to interact with a sentient Brazilian settlement, Quilombo.  I like the movie and the song you inspired.

obrigado

Sarah

« Reply #5399 on: December 20, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »
De nada.