Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778468 times)

Pregnant Pause

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #5625 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
Tom's will is the wind's will, but here's a hint as to how straight to take the protege business: Is Ken Friedman really just gonna stand by while Tom turns over the slot to whomever he hand-picks?

I think a show with Geneva, Greg and the puppet talking hoops would shatter FMU records.  Imagine 2 hours of discourse on Lil Penny

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5626 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
Tom hanging up on DC Pierson from Derrick Comedy.

Excuse me, I think you mean Beefy Pierson.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5627 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:49 AM »
Tom hanging up on DC Pierson from Derrick Comedy.

Excuse me, I think you mean Beefy Pierson.

I was ecstatic the first time he called. Yet I was on the floor when Tom hung up on him.

Greggulator

« Reply #5628 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
I was as surprised as anyone else when Tom mentioned me as a potential protege. I never called into the show before Tuesday. I have no idea where this is headed but I will fight tooth and nail for the gig.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5629 on: January 24, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »
I was as surprised as anyone else when Tom mentioned me as a potential protege. I never called into the show before Tuesday. I have no idea where this is headed but I will fight tooth and nail for the gig.

Absolutely go for it dude. I wasn't saying otherwise. More I was just trying to figure out what was going on. I'm kinda new to the Best Show and I'd be bummed if Tom quit just when I got into it properly. Just selfish self interest on my part. I figure you'd be good Greg. I don't know a damned thing about basketball but I suspect your Take on who Tom was played well with him
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5630 on: January 24, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
i'm surprised that no one has commented on the extraordinary quality of this week's callers, as compared to last week's show.  tom gets the mvp, as always, but... a great collective effort by the quality callers.

also-- and especially as i was lucky enough to travel on the Allure of the Seas just last month-- i'm surprised that no one has brought up the horrible/hysterical image of Mike trapped in the middle of a zip line.  glad he's okay, goodness knows, but... wow.

moonshake

« Reply #5631 on: January 26, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »
MT: "He was buried alive, and well, now he's buried dead."
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5632 on: January 26, 2011, 03:36:47 AM »
'HOW I BEAT YOUR MOTHER' is right up there with 'GENERAL HOSPITAL'. Both are pieces of crap.

And now those worlds will collide.

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/144254.page
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5633 on: January 26, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »
Between the recent (brief) return of Captain Jack and last night's (even briefer) Goshen caller, it feels like the Best Show time continuum is starting to fold in on itself.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #5634 on: January 26, 2011, 09:09:26 AM »
H-Man stepping out of the shadows during Greggulator's call. It was nice to see H-Man come through the fire and crawl back up on top. Greggulator definitely blinked in that stare down.

It ain't over yet, though. Geneva has yet to fight...
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

DS1077

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5635 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:15 AM »
"Number 16 is trying to leave with number 12!"

Also, when the guy called asking for restaurant advice from J.Wo.  Just perfect timing on that one.

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5636 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:05 AM »
I noticed last night that Gregg sounds eerily like the 11 year old Petey. It could be argued that at one point Petey was the unofficial protege. Could it be that Petey is rising from the flames, reborn, older, wiser? With a new identity to take what is rightfully his- like V?

Nobody has SEEN Gregg yet.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

Yannick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5637 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
Max throwing his hat in the protege ring was great.  He's responsible for http://www.mocktopus.com/ a pretty funny comic and I hope to see him get in the Protege Mix.

Aziz & Woliner were quite funny, it was good times last night.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5638 on: January 26, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
Aziz reading the tweet about the bitchy nurse in Andrew Dice Clay's voice had me cracking up so hard. 
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

Greggulator

« Reply #5639 on: January 26, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
I will definitely say that last night's call was not my best work. But there were mitigating circumstances.

1) He was in the studio with his brother and Aziz Anzari, only one of the best comics in the world, who were both firmly in his corner.
2) He emerged from the depths. I got Cobra Kai'd, as someone on Twitter said. H-Man had the element of surprise to his advantage.
3) It's my second call ever to the show, whereas H-Man's been calling in or making studio appearances for years.

These are NOT excuses. This was just one battle in the war to become Tom's protege. Everything is fair in this battle. This just means my game will get stepped up.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com