Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778445 times)

gordon!

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #5640 on: January 26, 2011, 11:58:07 PM »
I for one loved Jane from Nova Scotias idea of having a Love Grotto. Ms. Aimee Mann seemed to like it too.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5641 on: January 27, 2011, 05:26:24 AM »
I will definitely say that last night's call was not my best work. But there were mitigating circumstances.
I felt bad about your drubbing, Gregg. I'm in your corner all the way, for what it's worth*.

*NOTHING

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5642 on: January 27, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »
I for one loved Jane from Nova Scotias idea of having a Love Grotto. Ms. Aimee Mann seemed to like it too.

I haven't heard the show yet, but Love Grotto sounds rather Depravity's Rainbow-appropriate.
"Is this me?"

Pidgeon

« Reply #5643 on: January 27, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Aziz's laugh is insane.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5644 on: January 27, 2011, 01:56:20 PM »
Aziz's laugh is insane.

It was worse than mine.

>:( >:( >:( >:(
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Chloe inChicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5645 on: January 27, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
I will definitely say that last night's call was not my best work. But there were mitigating circumstances.

1) He was in the studio with his brother and Aziz Anzari, only one of the best comics in the world, who were both firmly in his corner.
2) He emerged from the depths. I got Cobra Kai'd, as someone on Twitter said. H-Man had the element of surprise to his advantage.
3) It's my second call ever to the show, whereas H-Man's been calling in or making studio appearances for years.

These are NOT excuses. This was just one battle in the war to become Tom's protege. Everything is fair in this battle. This just means my game will get stepped up.

I think being in studio definitely helped H-Man in my opinion. You're better on the phone than H-Man, I will say.

Curious to see how this protege thing pans out. Are we going to find out in February? Who REALLY knows for sure?

Overall, a great show (as always). I called in for the first time, and was a bit nervous! Hopefully I can work up the courage to call more! It definitely adds to the listening experience!

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5646 on: January 27, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »
RE: The Best Show Protégé Question '11

All I know is I'm hearing ALL Hanks and ZERO Arties. Come on, prospective protégés, step it up.

Also: I was hoping the Zodiac Killer would throw his hat into the protégé ring.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5647 on: January 27, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »
Tom v. Puppet exchanges have become increasingly funny

Chooch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5648 on: January 28, 2011, 01:58:55 PM »
Tom commenting on the H-Man's enunciation: "No offense to this kid... nice guy, but half the time he sounds like a manure salesman with a mouthful of samples."

This made me lose it while I was riding a crowded train...

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5649 on: January 28, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
From soup to nuts, the whole show was top shelf.

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5650 on: January 28, 2011, 05:42:35 PM »
"They have to go in through Wally."

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5651 on: January 28, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
Tom commenting on the H-Man's enunciation: "No offense to this kid... nice guy, but half the time he sounds like a manure salesman with a mouthful of samples."

This made me lose it while I was riding a crowded train...

Even funnier upon re-listening with the knowledge that H-Man was in the studio when this was said.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5652 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
Aziz's laugh is insane.

It was worse than mine.

>:( >:( >:( >:(

His "whaaattts" were cracking me up.

lpme

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5653 on: January 28, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »
I have a problem with Greg comparing Tom to Kevin Durant.  Tom is a veteran here. If Durant quit tomorrow there would be numerous ESPN specials on "what could have been."  Tom has said he is around week to week, and when he does he will go down as one of the best of all time.  You'd have to put him down as Kobe.

H-Man still has the upper hand.  He has some fire in him, remember the protege-off against Wally.  Tom ended the show saying they both had disappointed him and he wasn't handing it over.  H-Man called him out on it, there are too many yes men around, the host of the Best Show doesn't back down.

I'd like to hear Philly Boy Roy throw his Eagles hat in the ring.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5654 on: January 29, 2011, 06:00:52 AM »
I have a problem with Greg comparing Tom to Kevin Durant.  Tom is a veteran here. If Durant quit tomorrow there would be numerous ESPN specials on "what could have been."  Tom has said he is around week to week, and when he does he will go down as one of the best of all time.  You'd have to put him down as Kobe.

H-Man still has the upper hand.  He has some fire in him, remember the protege-off against Wally.  Tom ended the show saying they both had disappointed him and he wasn't handing it over.  H-Man called him out on it, there are too many yes men around, the host of the Best Show doesn't back down.

I'd like to hear Philly Boy Roy throw his Eagles hat in the ring.

Until rape charges are filed against Tom, my mind refuses to associate him with Kobe. How dare you. You might as well say "He's our Roethlisberger", or "He's our OJ", or "He's our Fatty Arbuckle". If I am making a sports comparison, he's my Kareem Abdul-Jabbar He's graceful, he's got mad skills, and there's nothing you can do to stop his metaphorical towering hook shot.