Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777983 times)

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #5685 on: February 02, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
I love Gilmore Girls too.  :P

So do I! Alexis Bledel is an angel.
Funny, just yesterday I was listening to the archive with the music critic who liked Gilmore Girls. Tom was appalled.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5686 on: February 02, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
The Scorpion King was Paul F. Tompkins right?

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5687 on: February 02, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
As silly as his whole bit was, the idea of a comic with material that revolves entirely around scorpions and who actually calls himself The Scorpion King is pretty darn funny to me. I haven't laughed that hard at a hastily constructed radio persona since that guy "Joey Levels" called Tom a couple years back.

Rhea from Winnipeg

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5688 on: February 02, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »
Can someone take some of the previous posts' basketball player analogies and translate them into hockey player analogies? Pretty please? :-)

As for last night's Depravity's Rainbow-- Mike in Manhattan and Frank from Weehawken were stupendous.
Où sont mes pantalons ?

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5689 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »
Fish, you weren't being rude, I was.  I'm actually hostile to sports, not just ignorant about them.  But in light of that last post, I am now pulling for Greg myself.

I agree.  Not that you were being rude, I mean I agree with your sentiment.  The sports stuff falls into the "worst moments" part of this thread and I guess people are just sadistically elaborating on that for some twisted reason.  I like Greg though.

mackro

« Reply #5690 on: February 03, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »
The Scorpion King wasn't nearly as bad as the guy who asked Mike and Therese when the Best Show DVD was coming out... talk about tacky, cowardly, and awkward.

Thankfully there were many best moments... Nicole, Mike in Manhattan + Frank in Weekawken, Jason, Steve in NoHo, and the cruise talk.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5691 on: February 03, 2011, 04:36:35 AM »
I want to apologize for that last note during my Idol audition last night.  I think it was too loud for my phone to properly handle, and so it sounded terrible over the radio... And also in my car, where I was making the call.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5692 on: February 03, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »
Overall a highly entertaining show.

But Nicole blew my socks off. 

She needs to get in the studio where she can really cut loose.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #5693 on: February 03, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »
I want to apologize for that last note during my Idol audition last night.  I think it was too loud for my phone to properly handle, and so it sounded terrible over the radio... And also in my car, where I was making the call.

You picked a challenging song and fared better than I would have predicted.

And I found the last note nostalgic. It reminded me of my old 56K modem.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5694 on: February 03, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
Cheez Whiz, I just heard my little rambling bit. Thanks to Mike and Therese for not hanging up on that unfocused mess; I was having trouble juggling the guitar and the phone while trying to come up with  potential songs and carrying on a conversation. If this Idol thing ever happens again, I will be properly prepared. Sheesh.

TwoSheds

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5695 on: February 03, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
Can someone take some of the previous posts' basketball player analogies and translate them into hockey player analogies? Pretty please? :-)

If I was to compare Tom to any hockey player from history, it would be Cam Neely or currently Rick Nash, a hard-hat power forward with a natural goal scorer's ability who can also physically dominate in the corners.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5696 on: February 03, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »
Ha! I don't think Mike properly acknowledged how well you were doing up until that last note, Steve. You've got a helluva singing voice.

Nicole's singing was just beautiful, as has been stated. (I'm with her grandmother on that song, though.) A deserving winner!
EDIT: "as has been stated"? Enjoy my thesis, FOTs, jeez.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5697 on: February 03, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
Dave, I thought you did great.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5698 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »
Dave, I thought you did great.

I could use some original stuff for my podcast, Dave. 

Little 15 second riffs/bits would be fine.  Longer ok too.  Just no 23 minute opuses, please.

Actually this is open to any FOTs interested in contributing.

Can you hear me KtB?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5699 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »
Thank you, guys. It means so much to hear you say that.  ;D I am proud to share the title. I thought that Mike + Frank's song was awesome, Dave's guitar was great, Jason's poem was impressive and Steve's singing was spectacular. I was also happy to hear Spike do some do-wop. Love this community.
Doing it Mentos style.