Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778115 times)

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #5775 on: February 16, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
"Ham n' Egger"
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

studiode

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5776 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »

...my favorite moment of the show! That would be during the Spike call, when some loud music started randomly playing on Spike's end, and Tom asked him "What was that, your wrist watch?"

This is next level comedy. References upon references, things acknowledged and unacknowledged, I am in awe of what this show adds up to, and how deep it runs. I haven't even listened to the show yet, and just spit out my coffee just reading that.

Not to mention the joy I get thinking of people listening either for the first time on the podcast, or who somehow land on the show simply from twisting their radio dials, and listening to a S&W call with virgin ears.

God bless this show.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #5777 on: February 16, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
"Hold it there, kitty cat!"

Nosy fellow
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5778 on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive: The triumphant first episodes of Podcastin' with Larry and Roy (or Jiggle the Handle, I think Wes dubbed it). Right-click to DL (ctrl-click on Macs).

Podcastin' pt 1

Podcastin' pt 2

Podcastin' pt 3
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5779 on: February 16, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
"Hold it there, kitty cat!"

Nosy fellow

Vs.

It's like Alien Vs. Predator:  whoever wins, we lose.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5780 on: February 16, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Oh, my gosh, thank you, scratchbomb. I am listening right now.

While Podcastin eclipsed everything else for me into today, in fact, I think "Dumb vs Evil" was an excellent topic and should be explored further soon.
Doing it Mentos style.

Pidgeon

« Reply #5781 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »
Well, yeah, Podcastin' isn't just the show's highlight, it's the YEAR's highlight to date. Especially when Tom starting cracking up which ramped up into a victorious scream. I will grab the archive of this show just to savor that very moment.

My darker pick for best moment would be Green Bay guy. He was handled appropriately, and as much as I want to avoid creeps like this, they too help craft the Best Show by sacrificing themselves as targets. (My first thought was MST3K ripping on Packers fans during one of their episodes, "The Giant Spider Invasion"(?))

Yeah, that laugh was unreal. That was probably the best moment for me.

Chloe inChicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5782 on: February 16, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
Some general things I enjoyed from last night:

1. The conclusion to the Rudy story
      - Comparing Rudy to William Hung and Kim Kardashian. Hilarious
2. Tom imitating NPR voices.
3. Dumb vs. Evil was a great topic. Some funny, interesting stories in there. (As well as some stinkers, but they were fun)
4. Obviously, Podcastin' was the highlight. Every time Tom brought up the volume on "Closing Time", I cracked up.
5. I think I like Geneva and Greg the most for protege position. Although, H-Man is gaining some respect.

It just keeps gettin' better and better, doesn't it?
I know a lot of work is put into The Best Show, and it definitely shows every week.

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5783 on: February 16, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
Also, I can't remember the context (maybe it was to Mike?), but there was a great moment where Tom went from perfectly cordial to threatening "I'll throw you off a ROOF!" in about half of a second, and immediately back to pleasant conversation again. What an episode!

I think this was when Tom was trying to remember the name of the basketball player that looks like Michael Rapaport.  Mike was saying that he knew who Tom was thinking of but Tom got angry because he didn't think Mike knew who he was talking about.

Jeff in Seattle

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5784 on: February 16, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
"Ham n' Egger"

This is an old boxing term and hearing Tom use it made me jump.

Also acceptable: tomato can.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5785 on: February 16, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive: The triumphant first episodes of Podcastin' with Larry and Roy (or Jiggle the Handle, I think Wes dubbed it). Right-click to DL (ctrl-click on Macs).

Podcastin' pt 1

Podcastin' pt 2

Podcastin' pt 3

Bless you, Scratchbomb.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Rasmussen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5786 on: February 16, 2011, 11:14:20 PM »

Podcastin' pt 1

Podcastin' pt 2

Podcastin' pt 3
Thank you so much for these, scratchbomb!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5787 on: February 17, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »
It's effing sick!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5788 on: February 17, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »
I have a question/segment request for the Podcastin' guys. Does anyone know how to contact them? Hopefully they got enough donations to get a hotmail address.

I would like to request that "Jiggle the Handle" (with Gary St. Cloud) invites the "shop for a coffin" guy onto their show as a special guest.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5789 on: February 17, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »

...my favorite moment of the show! That would be during the Spike call, when some loud music started randomly playing on Spike's end, and Tom asked him "What was that, your wrist watch?"

This is next level comedy. References upon references ...

God bless this show.

Yes! I was amazed by the crossovers between Newbridge and the larger world on this episode. Spike's wristwatch has ultra-bass boost! It plays the Judge Judy theme!

And the caller who talked about enduring a mutant co-worker who made the caller look at the smut picture of him and his wife ... and then proceeded to assume the caller was non-heterosexual because he didn't like looking at that picture. I feel badly for the caller that he had to put up with that ... but wow, that mutant co-worker is Straight Outta Newbridge.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009