Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777998 times)

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #5910 on: March 09, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
Hahaha. Indeed.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5911 on: March 09, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
APMIKE. Just everything about APMIKE last night. The BEST.

"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5912 on: March 09, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »
APMIKE. Just everything about APMIKE last night. The BEST.
So true.

It's nice see a guy who can handle his liquor.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5913 on: March 09, 2011, 01:40:35 PM »
With the video just a little bit ahead of the audio on the web cast, I kept expecting (hoping? perhaps, perhaps...) that we'd see some silent footage of Mike getting into a brawl with Hatch/Hodgman/several phone bank people on their side of the glass on the left part of the split screen, while the audio would be some cheerful, uptempo marathoning from Tom.

And then maybe 20 seconds later, we'd hear an explosion of noise, panic and "My god, no!"/"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"/"None of us are strong enough to pull him off!" shouting as the audio caught up.
This may be the year I will disappear.

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5914 on: March 09, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »
I am the most surprised about how #TomThon has gotten me new followers. Even double-digit new followers.

I love the synergy of the fan love, the video feed, the audio feed, the chat and the twitter.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5915 on: March 09, 2011, 02:37:01 PM »
Same here! I have been getting at least 2-3 new followers everyday since the protegee thing happened, but yesterday I got like 30 new followers. Crazy!

I am the most surprised about how #TomThon has gotten me new followers. Even double-digit new followers.

I love the synergy of the fan love, the video feed, the audio feed, the chat and the twitter.
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5916 on: March 09, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »

That IS weird.  Did you find yourself following anyone for a bit and then unfollowing them?

Pidgeon

« Reply #5917 on: March 09, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
There was one really great moment last night that I'm fortunate was captured on video: While Hodgman was on Tom's side of the studio, Mike came stumbling over to him with a beer in his hand, smiling, and Hodgman just looked terrified. I don't know if anyone else caught it.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5918 on: March 10, 2011, 12:49:42 AM »
If I'm thinking of the same part (as everyone was getting in place to hear the total and sing the close), the best part was that I don't even think Mike knew that the camera was on them.

ben

« Reply #5919 on: March 10, 2011, 02:36:57 AM »
I liked it when my name was said for a pledge.  I like being thanked!
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

YearRoundSteve

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5920 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:14 AM »
i actually liked seeing Tom get a little emotional at the end during the webcast. It was touching and it was nice to see how everyone pitching in really made him happy.

i love it whenever John Hodgman is on and Tom starts talking sports to him. Hearing him say "basketsball" everytime gives me a chuckle.

Also, i'd be worried about Roy' safety and his returning to the show but i'm sure nothing can keep a Philly boy down.
When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a Ghostbuster or a shark. True story

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5921 on: March 10, 2011, 06:01:03 AM »
I, for one, would like to see more use of "babe."

He's not saying "babe", he's saying "slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave"

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5922 on: March 10, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »
I could not hear most of the show because I was too busy answering phones (bittersweet).

But when I came up for air and heard Tom make the Lou Gehrig speech/streaking AP Mike analogy, I absolutely lost it.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Steeley Chris

« Reply #5923 on: March 10, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »

That IS weird.  Did you find yourself following anyone for a bit and then unfollowing them?

FOT don't get unfollowed by this guy.
"Dad gets mad."

bmills

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5924 on: March 10, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »
Also, i'd be worried about Roy' safety and his returning to the show but i'm sure nothing can keep a Philly boy down.

Thankfully he passed before he could hear "Kurt from Philadelphia" play Springsteen.

Tom hosting a TED talk to ask the crowd if they've ever seen Space Jam! Everyone killed it. Best show is great. Congrats!