Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777846 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6030 on: March 30, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »
Action Park looks so freakin bootlegged. The amount of grass and dirt makes it look less like a water park and more like the backyard of someones vacation house by the river.

Here is what I grew up with. It was bright, clean and you never had to walk in dirt: http://www.splashtownpark.com/

http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=28

This is from Weird NJ. It is a detailed list of the myriad ways to literally die at Action Park.

My brother actually wrote something for this that I didn't realize until just now.

We were both altar boys at our local parish when we were kids. Our summer trip every year was to Action Park. My parents would NEVER let us go. Naturally, at the time this was very upsetting but, in retrospect, I should thank my parents every single day for not letting us go on that trip.

One of the crazier things about Action Park: State Highway 94 bisected it. On one half of the highway were the water rides and on the other were the Go-Karts and gift shops. They had a few foot bridges to go over the highway but, in a lot of cases, you'd just have to sprint across this highway. They also had this chintzy train ride that could take you across the highway. My friend Kevin was on this stupid thing when it caught fire on the bridge over the highway. He sprained his ankle real bad when he was fleeing this fire and fell -- thankfully, on the embankment and not over the highway.

I love amusement parks. I don't even know how many times I've been to Great Adventure or Busch Gardens or Hershey Park and places like that.

I only went to Action Park twice because it was that dangerous. Once was when I was about 13. The other when I was in college because the Warped Tour was there. (I probably shouldn't fess up to that in a public forum. But I did go on a bungee jumping thing with members of Fishbone.)

Just one of the craziest places imaginable.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

dudep

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6031 on: March 30, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »
May I suggest, for the title of your autobiography:

"I Should Thank My Parents Every Single Day: A Bungee Jumping Thing With the Members of Fishbone"

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #6032 on: March 30, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
Dang! I totally did not catch Tom giving me the "esteemed caller" label when I was on the phone last night-I thought he was saying something that Mike "said". Thank you Tom!!!

God does my phone stink. I'm getting an Android.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6033 on: March 30, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »
really hope someone was filming or recording patton's set. i really want to here what lead up to him deciding to call.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6034 on: March 30, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
from Weird, NJ:

The Super Speedboats could go up to 35-40 miles an hour and were treated like bumper boats by park attendees. They were also set up in a swamp, in the middle of which was a small, rocky island populated by an uneasy alliance of water snakes and lifeguards. One day, two park attendees were driving their boats into each other and they crashed. One of the boats flipped over, its driver strapped in and stuck underneath the water. The lifeguard on duty had to dive into the swamp, where he reports that he was followed by all of the snakes that were keeping him company that day. He flipped the boat over and promptly ripped the wristband off the soggy driver, who may have been too drunk or high to even realize what had just happened to him, never mind the presence of many water snakes all around.

Water snakes? Really? The place sounds like a nightmare. An awesome, awesome nightmare.

dotmap

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6035 on: March 30, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »
You don't know how hard it was for me to contain myself when Tom was telling me about Mike finding a birthday cake at a bus stop. Oh and being on the receiving end of "whats that, Mike?" is also awesome.

And Tom's story at the end of the show was one of the funniest stories ever.

ben

« Reply #6036 on: March 30, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
Star Wars talk

"Who invites a robot to a wedding?"
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6037 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »
GG Allin's grandpa, which led to Tom's heretofore unheard GG impression (New Hampshire accent included).

"I'm going to do you proud, Grandpaw!"

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6038 on: March 30, 2011, 10:20:38 PM »
Tom breaking down the pacing of Marx Bros. films and dissing the Three Stooges.  Jason's casting of the new "Southern Gentleman", and PFT were all phenomenal. But I have a soft spot for anyone who can string together the letters/numbers that spell out IG-88.
That's just the tip of the ice cube.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6039 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »
"I don't watch David Spade."

No, I don't. He's NOT funny. He wasn't funny on SNL or his stupid movies. He's NOT funny on that silly sitcom 'TERMS OF ENDEARMENT'. Sorry, Pets. 
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #6040 on: March 31, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
He wasn't on SNL

I'm pretty sure he was on SNL.

Kormod

« Reply #6041 on: March 31, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »

No, I don't. He's NOT funny. He wasn't on SNL or his stupid movies. He's NOT funny on that silly sitcom 'TERMS OF ENDEARMENT'. Sorry, Pets. 

David Spade > John Worstly Slipp

Nate K

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6042 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »
I liked "Their timing it with their bong hits..." from the Action Park call.
A short sweet Roy call too!

JoeThird

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6043 on: March 31, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
The Beatles Fest kazoo has been cracking me up non-stop since Tuesday, to the point where I wasn't even listening to the archive/podcast, but just thinking about it.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6044 on: March 31, 2011, 07:24:38 PM »

No, I don't. He's NOT funny. He wasn't on SNL or his stupid movies. He's NOT funny on that silly sitcom 'TERMS OF ENDEARMENT'. Sorry, Pets. 

David Spade > John Worstly Slipp

John Wesley Shipp is WAY more talented than that schmuck.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.