Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777978 times)

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6120 on: April 06, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
Ben Kharakh -- Ralph Nader of the protege race, no shot at winning.

Has the best agenda but won't make it because that agenda doesn't click with that of the powers that be?

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6121 on: April 06, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
Hey Everyone,
    Wally simply does not have a lower body.  I did not build him that way.  Maybe one day, I'll see if I can put something together that can be attached and detached, easily.  I assure you, it will be completely inoffensive.  Speaking of which, just in case people are not already aware (and this is not an attack of any kind, as I think she's terrific, as I always have), Geneva mentioned something that could be considered suggestive on Twitter, and Wally just kinda rolled with it, for the sake of a punchline, hoping it would all be in good fun.  Neither he nor I expected it would blow up and lead to all sorts of creepy/pervy accusations.

Try to keep it in context with all of the rest of Wally's repertoire from the past.  He could easily join the ranks of the filth puppet genre, along with the likes of Avenue Q, Crank Yankers, Greg The Bunny, Meet The Feebles, and so on, but as he's said, on the show even, that's a cheap way to get laughs from an audience, being a puppet and being dirty.  He and I have a top concern for him being able to succeed in comedy or whatever endeavors he may pursue in a family-friendly style, as have The Muppets, who've inspired us and generations of others.  Thanks for hearing me out, and thanks for your support of Wally!

-Zach

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6122 on: April 06, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »
I'm with Wally on this one. I don't think he's a pervert or a sicko. I just think he's a PG puppet who tried to play it PG-13. So let's cut him some slack and allow him to transition back to his more wholesome ways.

Tom.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6123 on: April 06, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
yeah wally, a little more Danny Tanner and a little less Bob Sagat
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6124 on: April 06, 2011, 01:21:26 PM »
Thanks for coming to bat for Wally, Tom.  Your words speak volumes, and know that it means the world to the both of us, as does your continual support and appreciation.

-Zach

Kormod

« Reply #6125 on: April 06, 2011, 01:31:30 PM »

I think this calls for a Four Loko Raspberry summit between Z-Man, Wally Wackiman, Geneva, and a puppet of her choosing.

Riley

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6126 on: April 06, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »
"Misssteerrrrrr Moooonlight"

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6127 on: April 06, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »
Last night was one of those nights were if someone had never heard the show before, you would sit them down and present them this show (in Associate Producer Mike's favorite music/podcast/audiobook purveyor, a Zune). It had no room for Wurster calls, it was so good. I miss having no Wurster call-in though.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6128 on: April 06, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
This was just a quick mention before Tom moved on to other things ... but I'm thinking he should run with it:

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Sarah

« Reply #6129 on: April 06, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
Just need to note that the absence of a lower half does in no way preclude the possibility of sexual predation. 

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6130 on: April 06, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
Just need to note that the absence of a lower half does in no way preclude the possibility of sexual predation.

Thank you, Sarah.
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

Sarah

« Reply #6131 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
You are welcome.  And a fact is a fact.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6132 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »
I'm with Wally on this one. I don't think he's a pervert or a sicko. I just think he's a PG puppet who tried to play it PG-13. So let's cut him some slack and allow him to transition back to his more wholesome ways.

Tom.

Fair enough. I should probably take up my beef with the man behind the felt anyway. I will not publicly talk about the PG-13 twitter jokes that were directed towards me again, Wally.
"Don't be near me."

Sarah

« Reply #6133 on: April 06, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
Guess the puppet just needs to remember he's purple, not blue.

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6134 on: April 06, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
I think Dr. Pervison needs to step down as Mike's protege and jump in the race to be Tom's. It's the only way this thing's going to be settled satisfactorily. With the candidates out there now, there are too many uncertainties:

H-Man -- shamefully in absentia.
Wally Wackiman -- ungentlemanlike pervert, might be unable to tell difference between a human being and a soundboard.
Greggulator -- promising, but could cause All About Eve situation.
Geneva -- promising, but unwilling to do Mike's bidding and probably too nice to Heave Ho/GOMP unruly callers.
Ben Kharakh -- Ralph Nader of the protege race, no shot at winning.

While I do agree with you on this regarding my past appearances, I did publicly throw a much-loved purple puppet under the bus for his questionable behavior last night. So...who knows what I'm capable of doing?

I haven't gotten a chance to try my hand at heave-ho'ing or gomping yet.
"Don't be near me."