Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777785 times)

Kormod

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6135 on: April 06, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
I think turning to Jesus Christ in a cheap, blatantly opportunistic way, à la Spike favorite, Newt Gingrich, could be a good way for Wally to restore the public's faith in him.

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6136 on: April 06, 2011, 06:26:33 PM »
I think Dr. Pervison needs to step down as Mike's protege and jump in the race to be Tom's. It's the only way this thing's going to be settled satisfactorily. With the candidates out there now, there are too many uncertainties:

H-Man -- shamefully in absentia.
Wally Wackiman -- ungentlemanlike pervert, might be unable to tell difference between a human being and a soundboard.
Greggulator -- promising, but could cause All About Eve situation.
Geneva -- promising, but unwilling to do Mike's bidding and probably too nice to Heave Ho/GOMP unruly callers.
Ben Kharakh -- Ralph Nader of the protege race, no shot at winning.

While I do agree with you on this regarding my past appearances, I did publicly throw a much-loved purple puppet under the bus for his questionable behavior last night. So...who knows what I'm capable of doing?

I haven't gotten a chance to try my hand at heave-ho'ing or gomping yet.

Any candidate that asks "who knows what I'm capable of doing?" deserves the nod.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6137 on: April 06, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
I haven't gotten a chance to try my hand at heave-ho'ing or gomping yet.

You do own a phone, right?  You don't have to be on the radio to GOMP.  A real candidate would be heave-ho'ing and GOMPing whether there was an audience or not.

If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6138 on: April 06, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »
I think turning to Jesus Christ in a cheap, blatantly opportunistic way, à la Spike favorite, Newt Gingrich, could be a good way for Wally to restore the public's faith in him.

This is just not going to happen.  Wally's a Jewish puppet, remember?  He plans on staying that way.  What would that be, anyway, Built-Again?

-Zach

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6139 on: April 06, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »

This is just not going to happen.  Wally's a Jewish puppet, remember?  He plans on staying that way.  What would that be, anyway, Built-Again?

-Zach

Didn't stop Bob Dylan. Can Wally sing folk songs?
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6140 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »
I hereby nominate LDP's call for 'Call of the Year'. It showed his dedication to the show, playing by the rules, and his classy manners for saying hello to 'Mrs. Kirkman dere'. So good.

Great show! Next week could be a trifecta!

Wes

« Reply #6141 on: April 06, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »

-Zach
Reupholstered
This may be the year I will disappear.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6142 on: April 07, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »

While I do agree with you on this regarding my past appearances, I did publicly throw a much-loved purple puppet under the bus for his questionable behavior last night. So...who knows what I'm capable of doing?

This is SO TRUE.  It's the "nice" ones you have to watch out for.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Stan

« Reply #6143 on: April 07, 2011, 12:34:20 AM »

-Zach
Reupholstered

We have a winner.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6144 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:31 AM »

-Zach

Didn't stop Bob Dylan. Can Wally sing folk songs?

Can Dylan?

Steeley Chris

« Reply #6145 on: April 07, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »
"Jodiac Killer"
"Dad gets mad."

Jeff in Seattle

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6146 on: April 07, 2011, 12:21:22 PM »

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6147 on: April 07, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
I liked Jen Kirkman's observation about Tom's Keillor impersonation ... that it was akin to Johnny Carson's voice played at 16 rpm.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6148 on: April 07, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
"A three headed Spike."
Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6149 on: April 07, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
This episode really needs to be listened to on earphones.  Jen Kirkman's almost-off-mike chuckles, tee-hees, HA!'s and barely-retrained belly-laughs, run through her natural ex-smoker's voice modulator set on "extra-grainy," provide so much subliminal ambient texture that it's like The Best Show as produced by Brian Eno for Obscure Records.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau