Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777825 times)

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6525 on: June 08, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »
The one guy who kept pausing for stretches made me think he kept re-buffering. Lots of cyborg callers these days.

I think a robocall company is using the Best Show to keep it's robots in shape for the upcoming election season.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6526 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »
"Rick Sanitarium" was pretty good.  It gets 1,670 Google hits, but that isn't awful.  Someday, Spike will come up with a parody name that no one has ever thought of before.  On that day, the universe will crawl up its own asshole and disappear.

I don't think anyone's ever said Baked Ziti Jones before, and we're still here.

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6527 on: June 08, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
"Rick Sanitarium" was pretty good.  It gets 1,670 Google hits, but that isn't awful.  Someday, Spike will come up with a parody name that no one has ever thought of before.  On that day, the universe will crawl up its own asshole and disappear.

I stand corrected: http://www.abctales.com/node/524463
From 2004 apparently

Wes

« Reply #6528 on: June 08, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »

From 2004 apparently
"IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT
THE NERD IS ONLY POPULAR AS A FIGURE OF FUN, NOT AS A PERSON IN HIS OWN
RIGHT. HE SHOULD BE LAUGHED AT AND NOT LAUGHED WITH, AT ALL
TIMES."
This may be the year I will disappear.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6529 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »
Zach G, The Notebook, and eight quarts of oil.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6530 on: June 09, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »

From 2004 apparently

Hmm.  Now that you've got me checking myself, I am honor bound to report that apparently no one has ever said "David Spayed and Neutered"--or at least written it on the Internet--before:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=%22David%20Spayed%20and%20Neutered%22&pc=conduit&form=CONBDF&ptag=A435D7A49339E4A288AF&conlogo=CT2504091

So I will do a Camping and posit that on the day Spike delivered that one, the universe decided to crawl up its own asshole, but that the actual crawl will begin five months thereafter.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Wes

« Reply #6531 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
Keep in mind that there is evidence - on this very site - that Spike had introduced "Baked Ziti Jones" to the world as early as August 2005. Does anyone have time to go back the 8/23/05 show to confirm its appearance? If true, its significance at the time would have been eclipsed by Tom's impending move to Sirius.

Of course, if Spike was using it in 2005, the link from 2004 that fish posted above now raises the question of who the true inventor of "Baked Ziti Jones" is. Would you care to comment on this potentially shocking controversy, Spike?
This may be the year I will disappear.

peterenlucha

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6532 on: June 09, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
I've just started listening to this episode but the Tom Waits fan stammering at Tom's derision of Tom Waits is one of best caller moments since that guy talked about making mayonnaise sometime back in December or January.
I'm pickling black licorice, you know.

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6533 on: June 10, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
Keep in mind that there is evidence - on this very site - that Spike had introduced "Baked Ziti Jones" to the world as early as August 2005. Does anyone have time to go back the 8/23/05 show to confirm its appearance? If true, its significance at the time would have been eclipsed by Tom's impending move to Sirius.

Of course, if Spike was using it in 2005, the link from 2004 that fish posted above now raises the question of who the true inventor of "Baked Ziti Jones" is. Would you care to comment on this potentially shocking controversy, Spike?

I think we may be on to something here.  That link, by the way... yeesh.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #6534 on: June 10, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
I fell asleep & missed the last half hour or so - I am only now getting back to listen to it. I love that Steve Lambert called in! That story was awesome too -

I checked out his stuff when he donated one of his signs to give away to the highest pledger, and if you haven't seen what he does, you should totally go to his site right now!

http://visitsteve.com/

Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6535 on: June 11, 2011, 08:43:22 AM »
Anybody know what the songs he played at the end of the show were?

wood and iron

« Reply #6536 on: June 11, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »

Well, sir, you are in luck: http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,7990.0.html

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6537 on: June 11, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
The one-two punch of Steve Lambert's great call and Green Bay's answer to Todd Barry, also named Steve, was pretty nice.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6538 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:52 AM »
Zach G, The Notebook, and eight quarts of oil.
And it lasted for the whole of  "Dude-Date".

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6539 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »

Well, sir, you are in luck: http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,7990.0.html

Nice! Thanks i wish he would add the song playlist on the wfmu website like the other djs.