Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778030 times)

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6540 on: June 14, 2011, 07:13:13 PM »
"Pure emotion in motion." As soon as the warden said this I knew it was from an 80s song. I haven't thought about that song since I was a young child.

http://youtu.be/uVXy7AsjvL4

The idea of Chris "Big Steve" Wilson starring as Charles Manson in a Hustler Films Entertainment musical.
"Dad gets mad."

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6541 on: June 14, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
BRAIN BLUBBER!

Kormod

« Reply #6542 on: June 15, 2011, 01:37:51 AM »
Tom's story about the "cool" shop teacher was terrifying. As someone mentioned in the chat, it was reminiscent of an episode of Errol Morris's First Person called "Highest IQ" -- Morris interviews a guy who was disappointed with his initial run in high school and decided to "redo" it over and over again at different high schools under various fake names and Fonzie-esque personae. He did this until he was about 28, supporting himself by working as an adult dancer at night. The episode's floating around on YouTube if anyone's interested.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #6543 on: June 15, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »
Tom's story about the "cool" shop teacher was terrifying. As someone mentioned in the chat, it was reminiscent of an episode of Errol Morris's First Person called "Highest IQ" -- Morris interviews a guy who was disappointed with his initial run in high school and decided to "redo" it over and over again at different high schools under various fake names and Fonzie-esque personae. He did this until he was about 28, supporting himself by working as an adult dancer at night. The episode's floating around on YouTube if anyone's interested.

I think you're confused. I'm pretty sure that was an episode of "Faces of Massa's Tavern."
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #6544 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
I loved tom's impersonations of both Adam Sandler and Owen Wilson. Makes me really want to hear his "Roadhouse" treatment on any of their films.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6545 on: June 15, 2011, 11:08:27 AM »
Damn, Best show car graphics! Brilliant! Too bad car wraps cost a chunk of change

Kris K

« Reply #6546 on: June 15, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
Loved the excited, high-energy caller who was heave-hoed after a quiet and breathy "Ohhh Woooowww." Reminded me a little of the times when Wurster characters would end their calls with "Yeeeeeessssss!"

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6547 on: June 15, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
The Sons of Anarchy gang putting on the new Oneida album at the clubhouse.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6548 on: June 16, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »
Greggulator, what's with all the hate?

not that James

« Reply #6549 on: June 16, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
I haven't made it through the whole podcast yet, but during the part I HAVE heard, I kept expecting Gene Simmons to call in and defend Lebron for describing Heat fans' lives as pathetic and joyless. 

Greggulator

« Reply #6550 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »

I gave a lot of love to Colbert and to my brother! Seriously -- I have a ton of friends who ride the Montclair train line and see him quite a bit. I can't stress enough how many people I know have run into him and said he could not be a more gracious person (on the train and at Applegate Farms, the local ice cream joint). He also teaches Sunday School at one of the local church's in Montclair and gives a lot of time to local charities but does it super understated and doesn't make a big deal.

And obviously I support all of my brother's endeavors but he justifiably has earned the reputation of one of the nicest guys in comedy. He did a show where he brought in a kid from Toledo and did a tribute to him. It was one of the best things ever -- I (and a lot of other people) are still really good friends with this kid.

As far as hate -- I just have such a distaste for Rivers Cuomo after watching this thing on Direct TV. Those first two =W= albums mean more to me than anything else ever recorded and perfectly capture the way I felt about everything from the ages of 16 - 21. I also love the Green Album and a decent amount of later material. But ALL he did on this stupid show was talk about the state of the music industry. He's nothing more than a businessman fronting as a musician.

If that topic comes up again, I would suggest the following people for best/worst:

BEST:: Knute, the late German polar bear sensation whose brief life touched an entire world.
WORST: Kat Cora, the female Guy Fieri.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6551 on: June 16, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
Just to clarify something for me: is Steve Albini Steve from Chicago or is Steve from Chicago just someone who works at Albini's studio?

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6552 on: June 16, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
The latter.

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6553 on: June 16, 2011, 04:53:41 PM »

Kris K

« Reply #6554 on: June 16, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »

As far as hate -- I just have such a distaste for Rivers Cuomo after watching this thing on Direct TV. Those first two =W= albums mean more to me than anything else ever recorded and perfectly capture the way I felt about everything from the ages of 16 - 21. I also love the Green Album and a decent amount of later material. But ALL he did on this stupid show was talk about the state of the music industry. He's nothing more than a businessman fronting as a musician.

Yeah, Rivers is mostly business in this vid (Apologies if already posted):

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.®