Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2791944 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6555 on: June 16, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
I read somewhere Cuomo came up with some formula/algorithm thingy for writing songs. Much like Irving Cohen of SCTV fame, only never a C, a bouncy C to be found.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6556 on: June 17, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
What was with all the jock talk? JOCKS, JOCKS JOCKS, JOCKS!!!!    >:( >:( >:( >:(
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6557 on: June 17, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
Greggulator, what's with all the hate?

As far as hate -- I just have such a distaste for Rivers Cuomo after watching this thing on Direct TV. Those first two =W= albums mean more to me than anything else ever recorded and perfectly capture the way I felt about everything from the ages of 16 - 21. I also love the Green Album and a decent amount of later material. But ALL he did on this stupid show was talk about the state of the music industry. He's nothing more than a businessman fronting as a musician.

I've certainly hated musicians for much less. But I don't think it's distasteful for a musician to be knowledgeable and concerned about the state of the music industry. Especially somebody like Cuomo, whose career began in the era when a top-selling musician could still make money from record sales.
I'm in my late 50's.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6558 on: June 17, 2011, 10:10:11 AM »
Why the dislike for Patricia Heating of 'RAYMOND'?
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6559 on: June 17, 2011, 10:16:02 AM »
Heating for Heaton? Spike, you've finally come up with a parody name that escapes me entirely.

Anyway, she's one of the forced-birth brigade, opposes stem cell research, flapped her gums during the Terry Schiavo affair, etc. I don't know what other people hold against her.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6560 on: June 17, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
Heating for Heaton? Spike, you've finally come up with a parody name that escapes me entirely.

Anyway, she's one of the forced-birth brigade, opposes stem cell research, flapped her gums during the Terry Schiavo affair, etc. I don't know what other people hold against her.
And then there is this:
Patricia Heaton Fails at Math - Funny - Who Wants to be a Millionaire www.tynicomontgomery.com

Riley

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6561 on: June 17, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
I loved the excited guy! Ohhhh wooooooow. And "Can you tell me more about that?!" Tee'd up too well.

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6562 on: June 17, 2011, 03:57:36 PM »
I love Paul McCartney, but I don't see how anyone could deny that he comes across as a bit of a dick in Let It Be, especially the first section. Lennon, it's true, is being deliberately ignorant and awkward, and George clearly doesn't want to do the project at all, so I suppose it could be argued that Macca is pissed off because he's the only one holding it together, but he still come across quite dislikeable.

I totally agree with Tom about McCartney II though, that was a childhood favourite (my dad has most of the Macca/Wings albums on vinyl, and they were among the only albums my mum would let him put on when I was little), and it is truly crazy, especially compared to Lennon's domestic bliss phase.

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6563 on: June 17, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »
Daniel Ash hated the show.

Remember me, I was in Bauhaus!  You know, that band from the movie with the song about Bela Lugosi?

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6564 on: June 17, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
I might have missed this but what is the complaint against Katherine Heigl--she seems likable enough.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6565 on: June 17, 2011, 07:21:06 PM »
I think she went on a thing where she said the writers on her show really sucked and that was holding her back at one point.

peterenlucha

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6566 on: June 17, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
Wow, that's the least annoyed I've ever been by watching Regis Philbin.

There's something about horrible people that make even really obnoxious people seem OK.
I'm pickling black licorice, you know.

mackro

« Reply #6567 on: June 18, 2011, 02:13:51 AM »
Daniel Ash hated the show.

Remember me, I was in Bauhaus!  You know, that band from the movie with the song about Bela Lugosi?

I'm still laughing over this, btw.

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6568 on: June 18, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
Daniel Ash IS a nice guy!

Greggulator

« Reply #6569 on: June 18, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
My Katherine Hiegl hate comes from Knocked Up. She ripped Judd and those guys afterwards and said the movie was completely sexist. I heard Seth Rogan on Stern talk about this, and he said that she never said anything about this when they were filming the movie and the set was really loose and anyone could have suggested anything at any time.

She might have a point but she just seems completely whiny. It's not like she (and probably about 5 different manager/agent types) didn't read the script when she signed up to do the film and it's not like she didn't make $X million from it, either.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com