Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777764 times)

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #6615 on: June 30, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
I loved it when D Plop recognized Tom's part in their worktime exchange. "Yeh you have to keep up the whole 'Hey man, knock it off' act."

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6616 on: June 30, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
Spike as Ignatius Reilly

BRILLIANT

moonshake

« Reply #6617 on: June 30, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
Spike as Ignatius Reilly

BRILLIANT

I've always thought Zachary Brimstead was similar to, even inspired by, Ignatius Reilly.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6618 on: June 30, 2011, 03:48:23 PM »
I would have loved it if Tom and Julie had the characters in the Woody Allen film reacting to the noise from Transformers next door, Purple Rose of Cairo style.

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6619 on: June 30, 2011, 05:13:07 PM »
also: Microsoft Paper Clip joins the Tea Party

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6620 on: June 30, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »
"Two rats holding a breadstick."

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6621 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
Chris Christie inventing Thick Mints. 

ben

« Reply #6622 on: July 01, 2011, 01:16:53 AM »
I listened to the whole show but maybe I missed something - according to the avclub Podmass  'Thanks goodness that two of Scharpling’s favorite comedy pals call in this episode, because people like Amadeus are out there.  Despite his two-year ban from last week, the youngster still calls in and is forced to take on a writing assignment.'   That was Mrs. Amadeus who called in.  Did Amadeus call in and talk about the exact same things and I missed it?

And 'thanks goodness' doesn't seem grammatically correct. 

Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6623 on: July 01, 2011, 09:04:25 AM »
When the power drill started sounding in Tom's restaurant story, I was in tears.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6624 on: July 02, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
Woody Allen's Seann William Scott vehicle: Spilt Milf

amazingjourney

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6625 on: July 02, 2011, 01:22:48 PM »
Mrs. Amadeus referred to her beloved as "Nick" a couple of times.

Did I miss something here-- didn't he claim and defend in his first call that Amadeus was his first name? Hard hitting investigative journalism going on here.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6626 on: July 02, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »
Did I miss something here-- didn't he claim and defend in his first call that Amadeus was his first name?

I believe you're quite correct. Tom scoffed when Amadeus first called and he insisted that was his real name. Something about his mom performing the play or something, right?
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #6627 on: July 02, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »
Did I miss something here-- didn't he claim and defend in his first call that Amadeus was his first name?

I believe you're quite correct. Tom scoffed when Amadeus first called and he insisted that was his real name. Something about his mom performing the play or something, right?

To thicken this plot, I follow this dude on Twitter, and his handle leads me to believe that there's a "Nick" preceding the Amadeus as well.

I bet it's his middle name.

For shame.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6628 on: July 02, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
The Italian pop music / piano recital of abbreviated classics / home repair symphony that accompanied Tom's dining experience was certainly the best.

I was impressed that Tom was able to turn a two year ban into an essay assignment / beatnik poetry reading pretty quickly. I'm excited to see how this plays out. No offense to him, but Amadeus does realize that you can enjoy the show just as much without calling in, right?

Maybe he thinks he's banned from listening? That maybe Tom has the ability to corrupt his computer so he can't even download the podcast?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6629 on: July 03, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »
The Italian pop music / piano recital of abbreviated classics / home repair symphony that accompanied Tom's dining experience was certainly the best.

I was impressed that Tom was able to turn a two year ban into an essay assignment / beatnik poetry reading pretty quickly. I'm excited to see how this plays out. No offense to him, but Amadeus does realize that you can enjoy the show just as much without calling in, right?

Maybe he thinks he's banned from listening? That maybe Tom has the ability to corrupt his computer so he can't even download the podcast?

Are you suggesting he lacks that ability?