Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778194 times)

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7785 on: December 26, 2011, 04:10:59 AM »
Yes, that def happened, Gregg is not Larr. Maybe start thinking about any friends of Mike that may have been on with a similar timbre?

Mike doesn't have friends.

Larry D's arc on the show has been so freaking epic. It couldn't be contrived. Up until Larry's Thanksgiving message I think he was one of the most totally detested of frequent-callers by most of us (am I wrong?) That's the beauty of the Best Show.
I can hear you judging me.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7786 on: December 26, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Yes, that def happened, Gregg is not Larr. Maybe start thinking about any friends of Mike that may have been on with a similar timbre?

Larry D's arc on the show has been so freaking epic. It couldn't be contrived. Up until Larry's Thanksgiving message I think he was one of the most totally detested of frequent-callers by most of us (am I wrong?) That's the beauty of the Best Show.

With all due respect, I think you are wrong.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7787 on: December 26, 2011, 09:49:02 AM »
Seconded.

And count me amongst the "I'd rather not know" group.  Mystery is a good thing.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7788 on: December 26, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
Hey! Larry had a year long ban and rode it out like a gentleman.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7789 on: December 26, 2011, 10:57:57 AM »

Yeah, I've always been a Larry fan.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7790 on: December 26, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »
As have I.
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7791 on: December 26, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »

Oh, I've always liked Larry's calls. Even the 'I wanted to wish you and Michael a happy summer, dere' calls.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7792 on: December 27, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »
Larry's been callin' as much as I've been listenin', dere - since the last 6 years.  His calls from, the quick gomps to the Best Show highlights like the phone date with Laurie from Miami and his stoic acceptance of banishment, are some of the reasons why I listen. They harken back to a time of Petey and MC Steinberg, and Woodsy. What's your favorite show on Nickelodeon, dere?
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7793 on: December 27, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »
Personally I thought Larry was just weird and awful. Like other unnamed callers: perfect fodder for Tom to Gomp. But he kept on coming--and I thought THAT was the endearing part. Not his calls, per se. His loathesomeness was part of the fun.

I mean I really cringed in the early days. And then he had the date with Laurie, which was pretty funny...and humanized him in a weird way. But suddenly he's become Mr. Sunshine, and a legend--and he's earned it. It was a pure endurance run. That time he checked in, dejectedly but still trooping, after his long ban--that was pretty awesome.

I can hear you judging me.

greasers_palace

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7794 on: December 27, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »

Unceremoniously stumbled across an early (the first?) 'Larry' call dating back to 2005. Though here he's claiming to be a therapist named Michael.

Show: September 6th, 2005 (the crawl back from Sirius)
The call comes in at 1hr 16min and 35seconds.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7795 on: December 27, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
I liked Ted's Christmas Donkey song. It sounded better this time around as opposed to when he did it a few years back when Christmas was on Tuesday. That version bummed me out. I also liked John Roderick calling Ted "Leo" and then "Leonard."
I wish Jodi V.B. would get some mic time, but I guess that's why she's a Secret Star.
"Dad gets mad."

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7796 on: December 27, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
Re John McCain and the hot dog vending machine: According to the linked article (dated Feb 09), it was apparently sitting there for more than a year before opening for business.  (A picture of the machine is attached.)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0209/The_Senate_has_a_brand_new_hot_dog_machine.html

I seem to recall that John McCain was busy for most of 2008, but he's been back for almost three years.  No excuse.

Kormod

« Reply #7797 on: December 27, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »
I could see the Tea Party dudes hogging that machine like a mofo.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7798 on: December 27, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »
The hot dog machine - a job destroyer, not a job creator.

Kormod

« Reply #7799 on: December 27, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.