Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779047 times)

Bull Shannon

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #12225 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:05 PM »
I know things have been tough for Tom recently, but hearing him deal with and process Tommy Stinson flaking out was incredibly cathartic. Yesterday was pretty lousy for me, and since they don't have albums I can delete from my iTunes, it was nice to hear someone else get the chance.

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #12226 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
Tom giving props to Sweet Lady Genevieve. Maybe my favorite Kinks song. Put it on so many comps, sent it to so many girlfriends over the years...

But as far as the "rock operas", Schoolboys in Disgrace is pretty flawless...Soap Opera is half amazing at least...Preservation Act 2, not my favorite either, but still has a few great things on it

Misty Water is another favorite of mine you never hear played enough...
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #12227 on: February 23, 2017, 07:10:49 PM »
I also love Jon's obsession with "Eminence Front"
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

stig otracy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12228 on: February 23, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »
Since there's no most confusing moments thread...I'd love to hear the story about what went down with Tom and season 2 of "Divorce."
I second this and I hope Hayes doesn't stop being on the show like Paul F Tompkins did years ago.  I'd also like to hear that story too, even though I'm not as big a fan of Paul F Tompkins.  He's ok, just not nearly as funny as Hayes.

wherman

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12229 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
Since there's no most confusing moments thread...I'd love to hear the story about what went down with Tom and season 2 of "Divorce."

Yeah, its surprising given how much SJP raved about him on WTF

Gleepglop

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12230 on: February 24, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
I was DYING during the frog dude call... it was so strange I thought this was another Very Special Best Show like the election night thing. The Wurster call was beautiful and cathartic. I can't believe the Appetite for Democracy 3D video is a real thing. Their run-down of the set list was perfect.

Bull Shannon

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12231 on: February 24, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »
I second this and I hope Hayes doesn't stop being on the show like Paul F Tompkins did years ago.  I'd also like to hear that story too, even though I'm not as big a fan of Paul F Tompkins.  He's ok, just not nearly as funny as Hayes.

I think it would be a bit hasty and cauldron-stirring to presume there was some manner of personal falling out.

Besides, Hayes is just another writer on the show; I doubt he precipitated the change in staff.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12232 on: February 25, 2017, 05:00:48 PM »
The Pavarotti impression had me in tears. That Dip-S Stinson missed out.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Chad from The Woodlands

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12233 on: February 25, 2017, 05:16:00 PM »

I think it would be a bit hasty and cauldron-stirring to presume there was some manner of personal falling out.

Besides, Hayes is just another writer on the show; I doubt he precipitated the change in staff.

If you're worried about this Tom just tweeted out a link to an article Hayes wrote.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12234 on: February 25, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »

If you're worried about this Tom just tweeted out a link to an article Hayes wrote.

Didn't realize Hayes was a show writer, I thought he only did podcasts.

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12235 on: February 28, 2017, 01:29:31 PM »

Didn't realize Hayes was a show writer, I thought he only did podcasts.

After listening to Tom's appearance on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, there's at least a little more context to this. He said that the "old guard" was let go, and I assume that Hayes was part of the Paul Simms crew. A number of conclusions can be drawn from the fact that Simms was replaced by someone who worked on Sex and the City.

And if you haven't heard the Gottfried podcast yet, listen to it.
That's just the tip of the ice cube.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12236 on: February 28, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
Didn't realize it was already out!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12237 on: February 28, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
This is all Howard Stern's fault.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

President Baseball

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12238 on: March 01, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »
I'm only part way through Davey's call, but that orchestral version of "Bite It, You Scum" is insane and amazing. 

So much time and effort must have gone into creating those clips, they sound great. I wonder if they will be available for purchase at some point.

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12239 on: March 06, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »
I'm only part way through Davey's call, but that orchestral version of "Bite It, You Scum" is insane and amazing. 

So much time and effort must have gone into creating those clips, they sound great. I wonder if they will be available for purchase at some point.

I heard mike is selling CD-Rs in the CVS parking lot in Bayonne.