Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778892 times)

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #12300 on: July 26, 2017, 04:38:44 PM »
The worst part of any show is when Kat from Raleigh calls.  She's on every week and it's never any good - I would rather have 15 minutes of dead air.

I would take 1000 Kats over Avalanche Bob or any other Grey Paint callers any day of the week.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12301 on: July 26, 2017, 04:41:45 PM »
The worst part of any show is when Kat from Raleigh calls.  She's on every week and it's never any good - I would rather have 15 minutes of dead air.

I would take 1000 Kats over Avalanche Bob or any other Grey Paint callers any day of the week.

Yeah, Kat's OK. I think people who rag on Kat possibly have a very short memory as to how bad some regular callers to the show can actually be.

arnoldbabar

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12302 on: July 26, 2017, 04:55:54 PM »
Kat's not the worst regular - I agree with that - but IMO others regulars are/have been contributing players.  Kat's a mope that just calls in for attention from Tom and doesn't add anything to the show.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12303 on: July 26, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »
Didn't Tom say Connor O'malley was coming on the show soon?

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12304 on: July 27, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »
DO I HAVE NETFLIX, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Bull Shannon

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12305 on: July 27, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »

Yeah, Kat's OK. I think people who rag on Kat possibly have a very short memory as to how bad some regular callers to the show can actually be.

I usually come around on any caller Tom takes delight in, and it's super refreshing to hear someone actually delighted to call in. Most callers are super nervous and deferential so it's nice to hear a call that sounds more like two friends catching up.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12306 on: July 27, 2017, 04:17:39 PM »
speaking of cat from raleigh, nobody's going to be editing this any time soon right*: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radio/TheBestShow

*besides me, the loser with no life

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12307 on: July 27, 2017, 09:53:46 PM »
Not a fan of Tom ditching his Twitter account.....there might be a Twitter Renaissance.....oh who am I kidding? It's just that he has 104,000 followers on that rickety, possibly dying mess of a website, and it's like throwing away an audience. It's not that I don't trust Dudio, or Pat, or even AP Mike (apmike.bandcamp.com), it's just nice hearing from the man himself via 140 characters.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12308 on: August 01, 2017, 09:15:19 PM »
It was nice to hear from Dave from Knoxville. Glad to hear he's finally taking care of himself.
That rock and roll lifestyle will get the best of anyone.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

tamelin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12309 on: August 05, 2017, 02:22:06 AM »
IMO Cat seems like a really nice person, Tom obviously likes her, but I can't ever imagine relistening to one of her calls ever.
Can't think of another caller who has been so regular without providing much entertainment. Worse people have purposely and accidental tee'd up Tom for more material.
It's like... She reminds me of that one friend I have who I rarely reach out to because we simply don't have much in common and then I decide to pop on the TV to watch Doctor Who when suddenly the Doctor smacking aliens around is interrupted by my friend popping up on the screen to talk about her upcoming vacation or how the weather is where she is for 15 minutes. And then she goes away and the show gets back on track as the Doctor flys away on his TARKIS to go to planet Zeppulon.

I'd be genuinely curious to hear what the Cat fans think are some of her classic moments without looking them up. Even the most divisive regular has had at least a handful of memorable moments.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12310 on: August 05, 2017, 04:32:50 AM »
What was the song Tom played after Robert Wyatt's At Last I Am Free?

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12311 on: August 05, 2017, 08:26:59 AM »
What was the song Tom played after Robert Wyatt's At Last I Am Free?

"A Certain Kind" by Soft Machine.

dbharps

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12312 on: August 05, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »
Just finishing up the Joe Mande episode and was listening rapt to the Miami mob web designer waiting for the grand e-cig for legs reveal. Just when I thought I had him pegged...

Mr. Colin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12313 on: August 07, 2017, 09:01:07 AM »
There are a couple of semi-regular callers who came in from the Steven Universe-verse who don't bring much but diversity and enthusiasm, but those aren't terrible things.  I feel no need to pick on any of them or call them out by name -- which, on second thought, might be why they aren't great radio, even if it would be shitty to dump them.

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12314 on: August 07, 2017, 09:15:20 AM »
There are a couple of semi-regular callers who came in from the Steven Universe-verse who don't bring much but diversity and enthusiasm, but those aren't terrible things.  I feel no need to pick on any of them or call them out by name -- which, on second thought, might be why they aren't great radio, even if it would be shitty to dump them.

I think you may be painting people who were introduced to the Show via Steven Universe with a broad brush, but I otherwise agree with this.