Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777751 times)

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #12435 on: May 17, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »
HEY MAN RICKA DICKA LEDLE-YEy PUSSY PUSSY PUSSY PUSSY PUSSY

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12436 on: May 19, 2018, 01:27:48 PM »
Mike, pull my car around right now.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12437 on: May 23, 2018, 10:45:11 AM »
Hard to decide among get that vial for me, Marillion CDs, beanie baby sock exchange, and Wally - he held his own.

Mike was ho-hum, not unexpected.

Your order ships within 28 days.
Personal Headshot (Limited 2017 Podcast Hall of Fame Gold Sharpie Edition)
From A.P.Mike -
28 days...seriously. To find the Sharpie, I suppose.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12438 on: May 23, 2018, 11:11:23 AM »
"they're all named after members of The Specials and Suicidal Tendencies" had me laughing harder than anything else lately and i'm not even totally sure why (it's like i needed to laugh like that). also when tom paid z-man at the end got me going pretty good. v. good ep (show's been on a roll lately)

edit: forgot to mention the roger the alien soundboard during dumb dave

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12439 on: May 23, 2018, 11:24:24 AM »
Weird moments: Tom's recent spate of bizarre beer-harassment of AP Mike and the demand last night that AP Mike eat cold Oreos so they could buy more Oreos. No sign of E-Cigs for Legs.

Chat room: I posted this link (it's an online shortwave radio) so that people can hear the mindless, idiotic jamming of 3908 kHz on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, 8-9 pm, Pacific time. The jammer is well-known and so powerful he can be clearly heard in northern Utah, 600 miles away. He has a good antenna and is possibly doing 400 to 1000 watts, and this is all a long-running beef with a member of the group that meets on 3908 kHz. The jammer also talks on 3840 kHz (usually 6-8 pm) where he is jammed himself. Everything is in lower-sideband mode, just hit the "LSB" button if you want to hear it clearly, otherwise it sounds like a defective voice modulator.

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12440 on: May 23, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »
Tom asking Willy Wackoman if he listens to Death Grips seriously cracked me up.

Z-Man/Willy Wackoman: "Scooter, Janis, Sweetums, Beaker..."
Tom: "What are these things?"

Chat room: I posted this link (it's an online shortwave radio) so that people can hear the mindless, idiotic jamming of 3908 kHz on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, 8-9 pm, Pacific time. The jammer is well-known and so powerful he can be clearly heard in northern Utah, 600 miles away. He has a good antenna and is possibly doing 400 to 1000 watts, and this is all a long-running beef with a member of the group that meets on 3908 kHz. The jammer also talks on 3840 kHz (usually 6-8 pm) where he is jammed himself. Everything is in lower-sideband mode, just hit the "LSB" button if you want to hear it clearly, otherwise it sounds like a defective voice modulator.

Whoa, thank you for this.
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12441 on: May 23, 2018, 01:08:20 PM »
Tom asking Willy Wackoman if he listens to Death Grips seriously cracked me up.

Z-Man/Willy Wackoman: "Scooter, Janis, Sweetums, Beaker..."
Tom: "What are these things?"

Whoa, thank you for this.

The chat room was really moving, so it seemed like the momentum would be killed if I went into detail about William "Billy" Crowell (W6WBJ) and his ham radio hijinks on the 75 meter band, including his ham radio war with Art Bell. That was really for Dammit, fish, and fonpr.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12442 on: May 24, 2018, 03:08:46 AM »
I will give it the ol' Hamsterdam try!

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12443 on: May 24, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »

They have a "waterfall" display with a frequency pointer/bandwidth marker at the bottom; the transmissions inch up the screen. You can either hand-tune it, or type in the frequency. It will be in AM mode when you open the website; you'll have to switch to LSB because that's the side-band they all decided to use on 75 meters. I expand the bandwidth to 3.0 because it sounds tinny at 2.40. Take into account that they are on Pacific time.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12444 on: May 24, 2018, 10:52:17 PM »

They have a "waterfall" display with a frequency pointer/bandwidth marker at the bottom; the transmissions inch up the screen. You can either hand-tune it, or type in the frequency. It will be in AM mode when you open the website; you'll have to switch to LSB because that's the side-band they all decided to use on 75 meters. I expand the bandwidth to 3.0 because it sounds tinny at 2.40. Take into account that they are on Pacific time.

A bit before 8PM PST...Yes, I do hear a show! Thanks for the clear instructions! Cheers from Barcelona! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi1d0FNgdQ

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12445 on: May 28, 2018, 12:53:46 PM »

A bit before 8PM PST...Yes, I do hear a show! Thanks for the clear instructions! Cheers from Barcelona! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi1d0FNgdQ

I didn't realize you are in Europe; the Utah stream ( http://websdr1.utahsdr.org:8901/ ) is better if you want to hear Billy Crowell and the people he is jamming at the same time, it's in the same time zone and it's 965.6 Km away from where W6WBJ is transmitting from. Thanks to the fact that WARFA has people willing to re-transmit their net in the Midwest and East Coast, the jamming reaches from coast to coast.

The link to the FCC's "consumer complaints" website, for anybody else who wants to send in complaints on Tim Volz (KK7HO) and John Prukop (WA7BZI) and Philip Randazzo, Sr. (KB7AAA) and numerous others jamming 3840 kHz or the WARFA net.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12446 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:57 PM »

I didn't realize you are in Europe; the Utah stream ( http://websdr1.utahsdr.org:8901/ ) is better if you want to hear Billy Crowell and the people he is jamming at the same time, it's in the same time zone and it's 965.6 Km away from where W6WBJ is transmitting from. Thanks to the fact that WARFA has people willing to re-transmit their net in the Midwest and East Coast, the jamming reaches from coast to coast.

The link to the FCC's "consumer complaints" website, for anybody else who wants to send in complaints on Tim Volz (KK7HO) and John Prukop (WA7BZI) and Philip Randazzo, Sr. (KB7AAA) and numerous others jamming 3840 kHz or the WARFA net.

Thanks! I am mostly PST these days....

until I can teleport out.

Marooned for now.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12447 on: May 30, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
Human Misery Index, Georts...and the APMIKE Show in the newverse were all stand-outs for me. BTW, that beer* is just cruel; a crime in a can.

No wonder the call screening has taken a hit - Mike is being slowly poisoned / detoxed.

I'd wager that Mike preferred Stan Lee's Crazy Magazine over Mad Magazine as a kid. Heh - I saw that parody long ago, and never forgot it.

*Ratings for Kirkland Light: 1.18 (low) out of 5.0 (high)
rDev -53.4%

look: 2.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1
it was water, not beer, it is a shame they even put the word beer on the can.
77 characters
edmulv, Apr 24, 2018

rDev (rating deviation)
The individual rater's current deviation from the rating average (score), represented as either a positive or negative percentage. As the score changes, so does the rDev.

Parody Magazines
Mad - Lowbrow / Highbrow humor

Cracked - It wasn't funny then.
Crazy - Lowbrow / H&H humor
Omni - Penthouse without the pictures.

arnoldbabar

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12448 on: June 06, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »
Avalanche Bob Cat Laurie must be stopped.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12449 on: June 06, 2018, 01:56:27 PM »
you love cat, be honest. they're all you ever post about (pervert)