Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778424 times)

samir

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 09:57:54 AM »
When was the Tank/Tor call?  I only found the one Wurster moment.

There were three.

Glenn Danzig and Tank - around half an hour in
DJ Bryson, about 1.15 or so
And a brief call towards the end, responding to the topic.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »
When was the Tank/Tor call?  I only found the one Wurster moment.

And a brief call towards the end, responding to the topic.

Randy from Tunnelbridge!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »
Thanks, SamirMar, you guys are the beast best.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Days of Se7en

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
The key to PFT's greatness as a Best Show guest isn't just that he's funny, but that he's such a great laugher when funny things happen.  Ramsey's "celebrity" sighting would've been a funny enough moment on its own, but PFT's explosion made it an all-time classic.
Don't worry, I'm not actually a fan of the film Se7en.  I just think that numerical spelling is hilarious.

Ramsobot

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
I hope Ramsey doesn't take Paul's laughing jag the wrong way and mutate with anger, like a comic book villian, into James.

Absolutely not! That moment was a highlight for me. I've told everyone to listen to it, and even put it on my website.

It has been requested by a certain person that I won't name that I James the show, and I've refused. It would take some Harvey Dent-esque fall from grace for that to happen, I think.

stepheninchicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »
I have to say as well, that opening the show with Unrest's "Six Layer Cake" was absolutely sublime. That's not even my favorite song on the record, but having that pretty guitar intro after the themes, was just the perfect set up.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
I think the best moment was probably when I realized that Paul was in the studio with Tom... Just to hear that laugh... and then hearing their conversation about Tom's various celebrity citings in LA. Good stuff!

The worst moment was when it ended.
from the land of pleasant living

herbie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 12:10:02 PM »
i actually listened to unrest both on my way into nyc and out of nyc on monday and tuesday! and ABBA a lot last weekend. A+ musical picks!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 12:13:24 PM »
The key to PFT's greatness as a Best Show guest isn't just that he's funny, but that he's such a great laugher when funny things happen.  Ramsey's "celebrity" sighting would've been a funny enough moment on its own, but PFT's explosion made it an all-time classic.

Yes! He's a fan of the show. And a good listener.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
I hope Ramsey doesn't take Paul's laughing jag the wrong way and mutate with anger, like a comic book villian, into James.

Absolutely not! That moment was a highlight for me. I've told everyone to listen to it, and even put it on my website.

It has been requested by a certain person that I won't name that I James the show, and I've refused. It would take some Harvey Dent-esque fall from grace for that to happen, I think.

You either die a good caller, or you live long enough to see yourself become James.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »

You either die a good caller, or you live long enough to see yourself become James.

I want to reference some plot point from the last twenty minutes of The Dark Knight to humorous affect, but it's all a blur now, a totally kick ass blur. Who were those masked hostages in the building again?

Ramsey, you're a class act.   

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 06:19:29 PM »
I actually googled Morgan Spurlock in the middle of PFT's laugh, saw a google image of him and his girlfriend, then started to laugh myself once I realized who it was, finished laughing, and PFT was still going.  Good times.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »
What was the hang up on the Whitest Kids You Know guy about? Does Tom have something to do with that show? Ive never seen it.

Sarah

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »
I assumed the guy said something unfit for the air waves so Tom hung up on him without even acknowledging the call.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »
(posted this in the wrong thread earlier)

PFT's video store stories cracked me up, especially the one about the angry "Ballroom Dancing" customer.  Like Steve, I also liked the "Surfin' Bird" moment.

Worst part of the show...The Whitest Kids You Know caller who got unceremoniously GOMP'd.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling