Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778439 times)

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2008, 09:51:30 PM »
Most of my favorite moments (and there were a lot of them) have already been posted, but I'll quote some anyway just for purposes of redundancy:

There were so many great moments: Tom's Mamma Mia review...

PFT's laugh at "Morgan Spurlock's girlfriend". It was, pardon the phrase, epic.

I enjoyed how much PFT was enjoying Tom's rapid-fire GOMPs towards the end of the show.

I'm re-listening to Wurster's second call. It's amazing. One of my favorite kind of calls - the obscure namedropping and bizarre popcultural references, plus lots of nods to everybody listening who has some knowledge of previous calls and the Newbridgverse. Similar in style to "Club Pizzazz" and Matthew Tompkins' calls.

Batman confusion was pretty great.

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »
He's probably not that familiar with that particular comedy troop and thought he was hearing something vaguely racist.

or maybe he's like me and just avoids them because of their name.

my least favorite part of the show was when tom said he un-facebooked james, and then i looked and found out that tom un-facebooked me too. i don't think i'm as bad as james.
but i'm not sore about stupid internet crap, so it's no big deal.
it happened right around the "morgan spurlock's girlfriend" part tho, so it took some of the funny out of that for me.

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »
best moments for me:

- PFT's "ballroom dancing" story.

- steve in north hollywood's "double."

- spike's continued absence of any sense of humor whatsoever, and the calmness and vulcan-like logic he exhibits as he answers "no" repeatedly to tom's increasingly ridiculous questions. he's so deadpan about it i lose it every time a particular line of inquiry begins.

- the underlying message behind abba's "take a chance on me" is "i'm garbage."

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
The reason last week's show was so awesome is that it was in 4/4 time.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
I'm afraid to check whether or not Tom has de-friended me.  Even the thought of actually makes me a little anxious, which is pretty ridiculous.

All my favorite moments have already been covered, but in defense of that Batman call: "Straight Up: the Dark Knight" was pretty hilarious.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Superdragon DJ

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 05:33:48 AM »
Second favorite, right after Spike has done the "Hello, Patton" and laugh at Tom's request:

Tom (laughing): Thank you, Spike. You're a good guy.
Spike: Thank you. I'm glad somebody approves.
Tom (stone-faced): Get off my phone.

That is tied with PFT and Tom laughing on the Morgan Sperlock call. That shit had me crying.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »

I've actually spent time in the past breaking down the lyrics to TACOM, trying to see if the subtext suited the purposes of a protest I was involved in. It was mindblowing to hear the theory vocalized since I'd come to a similar conclusion myself then and nobody else I told this to agreed in the least, if they cared at all.

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »

I've actually spent time in the past breaking down the lyrics to TACOM, trying to see if the subtext suited the purposes of a protest I was involved in. It was mindblowing to hear the theory vocalized since I'd come to a similar conclusion myself then and nobody else I told this to agreed in the least, if they cared at all.

Now you HAVE to tell us what exactly you were protesting.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »

I feel wary divulging too much, but the point of the protest in general was to sway the foot soldiers of a larger interest into seeing things in a new light, or Taking A Chance On Me (me being the cause in that case). I can tell you the song didn't work out, although it's become more of a personal anthem for me as an appeal to life to life itself, since tbsowfmu and the abba box came into my life.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

I feel wary divulging too much, but the point of the protest in general was to sway the foot soldiers of a larger interest into seeing things in a new light, or Taking A Chance On Me (me being the cause in that case). I can tell you the song didn't work out, although it's become more of a personal anthem for me as an appeal to life to life itself, since tbsowfmu and the abba box came into my life.

You were working for McCain, right?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 11:13:09 PM »
I resent that implication sir. Ron Paul 2012! I'm taking the ReLOVEution back to the streets!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:29 AM »
I'm taking the ReLOVEution back to the streets!

This makes it sound more like you're working on the Andre 3000 campaign.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »
best moments for me:

- PFT's "ballroom dancing" story.

- steve in north hollywood's "double."

- spike's continued absence of any sense of humor whatsoever, and the calmness and vulcan-like logic he exhibits as he answers "no" repeatedly to tom's increasingly ridiculous questions. he's so deadpan about it i lose it every time a particular line of inquiry begins.

Thanks Andrew in Philadelphia ... for Taking a Chonce on Me.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 06:30:32 AM »
Best moment in last night's (7/29) show:

Tom's absolute delight in Spike's participating in the topic.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2008, 09:28:03 AM »
Best moment in last night's (7/29) show:

Tom's absolute delight in Spike's participating in the topic.

One of the most surprising things I've ever heard on the show.