Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778320 times)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2008, 01:00:17 PM »
Wow ... after checking that blog, this Frangry seems like a real FWD*.  I hope he shows the proper respect to the hallowed halls of WFMU.

He?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #301 on: October 01, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »
i stuck it out for 15 minutes on Shut Up Weirdo.  who do i talk to about getting those 15 minutes back?  

although, she does say, "shut up!" a lot, so in that regard we're covered.  

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #302 on: October 01, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
I greatly enjoyed Tom's handling of that politically troglodytic six-year old: "When did daddy lose his job?"
She got totally housed on national radio!

Ramsobot

• Policemans heel
« Reply #303 on: October 01, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »
Ramsey havin' a pop at his buddy was a nice, if disloyal, touch.

James has gotta learn: if someone is going to set me so nicely I'm gonna take it.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #304 on: October 01, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »
That Marky Ramone call was gold. His explanation of what "biting your time" meant had me LOLing. ROFLing, even.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #305 on: October 01, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »
Wow ... after checking that blog, this Frangry seems like a real FWD*.  I hope he shows the proper respect to the hallowed halls of WFMU.

I think frangry is a girl.

EDIT: MasterofSparks already said it. I bottom posted. Whoops.

But yeah, from that blog, I don't think I'm into Shut Up Weirdo, and I haven't even heard it yet.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2008, 02:53:03 AM »

I think frangry is a girl.

EDIT: MasterofSparks already said it. I bottom posted. Whoops.

But yeah, from that blog, I don't think I'm into Shut Up Weirdo, and I haven't even heard it yet.

Upon revisiting the blog, but having not listened to "her" show, I suppose Frangry might very well be a girl (largely based on those three sassy photographs).  But, if Olivia Munn can get thrown into the Hate Pitt with a bunch of pervy dudes, then I think it only fair that a female can qualify as an FWD.

Oh, and my favorite moment from last night's show was "The Brotherhood of the Traveling Floor Toms."
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »
Steve and Beth, you guys aren't missing much.  in fact, she's the worst part of the show.  the guy, andy cohen, seems decent enough.

in fact, i feel kind of bad for him.

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »
I was cyberpoking around and found Frangry mentioned in one of her friend's blogs. For some reason it really annoyed me beyond known English words.

we decide we want to go dance at le baron. we try to get a cab but to no avail. frannie gets in a fight with an old french dude who’s trying to steal our cabs. she’s like, "go fuck yourself!" and he replies, "moi? moi?" and she retorts in her best new york voice, "YEAH, YOU! go fuck yourself!" go fuck yourself: count 1.

it’s almost 1, but we see a few people going down to the metro. the turnstiles are closed, but we hop it like the locals and make the last train. SCORE. the 2 line takes us to arc de triomphe, pretty much right to le baron. DOUBLE SCORE.

on our 5 block jaunt down avenue marceau, we get cruised by these two eurotrash dudes in a mercedes convertible. they follow us the entire way to le baron asking us, "hey, where you going? come and party with us in the backseat!" we’re running away as fast as we could by this point in our heels scared out of our minds.

we make it to the front door. phew. there’s a mob of people waiting to get inside. we walk up to the front, and the bouncer goes, "deux?" we resoundingly reply, "oui." the velvet rope is open, and we leave the suckers in the dust. we realize juan and milton were the dead weights last time. suckers.

obligatory celebrity checklist: kirsten dunst. check. chloe sevigny. check. ben cho. check. leigh the misshapes girl. check. rumor has it that kate moss and her man from the kills are on their way. but whatevs.

by this point, we’re getting in a dispute with some spanish dude with a couple of hyena-looking girls for our seat. he’s trying to tell us he has that seat reserved and threatens us to leave or he’ll have to get someone to ask us to leave. we’re like, "yeah, why don’t you do that? we’ll wait." punkass trick.

we drink and dance some more. we are wasted. frannie gets picked up by a guy named LEO with a zit on his forehead. other than his zit, he’s a handsome dude. she’s stoked, because that was the first white collar action she’s gotten the whole time in paris. one for frannie.

we decide to take off and try to find a cab 4am-ish. it’s the worst thing about paris. not enough damn cabs in service. we’re fighting with other people to snag a cab. frannie’s "go fuck yourself" count is going up exponentially by the minute. we finally find one.

we get in the cab and ask the cabbie to find us a food joint before we get to the hotel. for some inexplicable reason, frannie starts mouthing hoovie off. all hoovie can say is, "just shut up." "bitch, SHUT UP!" she keeps pushing hoovie’s buttons. "don’t tell me to shut up, you cunt." at one point, frannie gets just plain mean and vicious. right then, hoovie pushes frannie’s face in. frannie slaps hoovie across the head... and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

the two drunk american girls start slapping each other across the face in the backseat. there’s a "naw naw naw, hell naw!" or two being thrown about.

the cab driver is freaking out but also laughing. he finds an all-night sandwich joint and tries to break up the fight by asking, "do you want a sandwich?" we both scream, "NO!" frangry screams, "just take us to the FUCKING HOTEL!" he replies, "the fucking hotel?" hoovie intervenes, "just the hotel will do, thanks." word up to the cabbie for the comic relief.

we are silent most of the way back until frannie whimpers, "dude, why does EVERYBODY like to hit me—in paris! WTF." hoovie can’t help but chuckle. "i don’t know, man... i don’t know." WTF, indeed.

we get off the cab and start screaming at each other like two crazy ass french lovers. the epic battle continues in the hotel room. then the two nutsos stop. laugh. hug. cry and make up. and laugh some more. wtf happened? why were we even fighting in the first place? dude, we’re nuts.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2008, 01:33:29 PM »
i couldnt get through it, Gibby.  nothing is more off putting than a girl (let alone, TWO girls) who throws her trash mouth around like she's still in the sewer she was raised in and expects people to respect her (nay, bow down to her) in the shadow of her mere presence.

she needs a long walk off a short cliff in those heels.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
We could bad-call bomb their show. Just call and be boring.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:58 PM »
Tom's impression of Pete Seeger getting electrocuted made me laugh because I was picturing him doing the Rush Limbaugh Michael J. Fox shake.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »
I tried listening to a little of Shut Up, Weirdo and I didn't like it either. Sorry if this sounds crass or something, but based on what I heard and the blog stuff posted on this thread, Frangry seems like she's hoping her looks will cover up for her lack of talent. Does that make her the Sarah Palin of WFMU?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2008, 08:59:05 PM »

Sounds great.  We could really put our math skills to good use!

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #314 on: October 02, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »

Sounds great.  We could really put our math skills to good use!

I had the same thought, but I'm not sure I could be boring.
I have a long history of booing