Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778171 times)

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2008, 07:12:07 AM »
what kind of a name is frangry?  so stupid.

Maybe if she took some Franti-depressants, she might not be so Frangry all the time. With help, she may one day even be Frantastic! This is my Frantasy. Franteater.

Boy, RegularJoe, you've become a real Franatic of this person.  I wonder if she'll ever market her own Frangrence
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #331 on: October 05, 2008, 07:26:05 AM »
Didn't Ken F vet this new show? He's having some kind of mid-life crisis, I think, what with his camp beard, and now this. I can't wait to see their marathon contributions total.

I suggest an alternate tagline for the new thing.

SHUTUP WEIRDO; Civilized talk for all seven listeners.

breadharrity

• Policemans heel
« Reply #332 on: October 05, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »
I'm not proud but I listened to all 60 painstaking minutes of the last fill-in show of Shut Up Weirdo! and trust me you can not make this show any more boring by calling then it is now. The callers had nothing to say and they had really no topic. This wasn't helped by Frangry's obnoxious interrupting and a real lack of chemistry between the two hosts. It wasn't even an good trainwreck to listen to like most of the 7SD ones.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2008, 12:11:52 PM »
Frangry seems like the latest example of a new "type" in showbiz these days - the hot chick who's also a raunchy jerk. Sarah Silverman is the prototype (I think), and clearly the most appealing of the bunch since she's actually quite funny. Then there's Steve from North Hollywood's beloved Olivia Munn and now Frangry, too. Enough! We don't need any more of them!

Cynnkitty

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »
the embarrassing, annoying, irritating, insulting debacle that is 'shut up, wierdo' is so bad that it doesn't really deserve discussion. It should just go away.  I kind of feel bad for the guy, as he's not nearly so annoying and obnoxious as the woman. He is even sort of nice-if not particularly talented. But no one has a gun to his head making him do it... so come to think of it...i guess I don't feel bad for him all that much after all.
Apologies to their mommies daddies siblings kids friends and acquaintances.. but I can't stand that show. Blech. WFMU don't go down this road. You'll never find your way back.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »
I tried to listen to Shut Up Weirdo once, and they were basically just taking calls that compared them favorably to Seven Second Delay or something.  Everyone who called seemed the kind of smug a-hole that Tom or even Andy Breckman would make short work of.  It was even worse than Seven Second Delay.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
Frangry seems like the latest example of a new "type" in showbiz these days - the hot chick who's also a raunchy jerk. Sarah Silverman is the prototype (I think), and clearly the most appealing of the bunch since she's actually quite funny. Then there's Steve from North Hollywood's beloved Olivia Munn and now Frangry, too. Enough! We don't need any more of them!

I have no problem with more of them if they're funny, but aspiring pretty-lady shock comedians need to make sure they have that part down before setting up all their Maxim photo shoots and whatnot.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Cynnkitty

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #337 on: October 06, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »
Oh and they dropped an S bomb on one of the SSD fill-ins. I guess cursing on the air gets you a show these days. Pft!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »
Frangry seems like the latest example of a new "type" in showbiz these days - the hot chick who's also a raunchy jerk.

I'm not quite sure why, but the term "raunchy jerk" made me laugh really hard.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2008, 06:43:26 PM »
Oh and they dropped an S bomb on one of the SSD fill-ins. I guess cursing on the air gets you a show these days. Pft!

Cynnkitty, I like your style.  You only have 2 posts on this board and they're both whithering dismissals of Be Quiet Jerk.  You're either some kind of newfangled mole from the BQJ camp, or a commendable and dedicated hater of things that suck.

Cynnkitty

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »
Cynnkitty, I like your style.  You only have 2 posts on this board and they're both whithering dismissals of Be Quiet Jerk.  You're either some kind of newfangled mole from the BQJ camp, or a commendable and dedicated hater of things that suck.

Thank you. Most definitely the latter! I'll prove it if I have to!  :-*

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #341 on: October 07, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »

"Be Quiet, Jerk" ...?  Is that the FOT nickname for "Shut Up, Weirdo" ... ?

Like Comedy Zone and Never Funny?

I hope it is!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #342 on: October 07, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »
Then there's Steve from North Hollywood's beloved Olivia Munn and now Frangry, too. Enough! We don't need any more of them!

It's Steve In North Hollywood*.

*Just messin'!

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #343 on: October 07, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »
That Billy Corgan impression was so amazing!

Poughkeepsie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #344 on: October 07, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
That Billy Corgan impression was so amazing!

That was an impression!?