Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778094 times)

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »
Paul F. Tompkins was funny sometimes last night. Tom must be a good influence.
I have a long history of booing

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »
The best moment of the Best Show last night was when Tom said, "Vote for Obama!"

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2008, 08:59:16 AM »
- tom's racist cabbie
- the jerry seinfeld Q&A
- the mummy n' book museum
'- can you hear a heave-ho?
- return of the h-man

kimota

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #468 on: October 22, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »
H-Man was on?  Last night's show?

When?

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #469 on: October 22, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »
in the last four mins.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Wes

« Reply #470 on: October 22, 2008, 09:33:13 AM »
I hope I wasn't responsible for H-Man's call being so late for telling him in the chat that PFT was ejected from the studio after getting into a fistfight with Mike following the introduction of a "Who could you beat up?" topic.

Tom's description of the University Museum at Penn was perfect. It's pretty much just a bunch of mummies sitting around, with some ugly statues and death masks hanging around to spruce the joint up. I highly recommend it.

I can't decide if finding out that Eddie From Brooklyn is now Eddie In Texas is a Best or Worst moment. Worst because, since he's still listening, it shatters my mental image of Eddie being a guy who doesn't have an Internet connection, but "heard about" the Internet and was "thinkin' about lookin' into gettin' it" some day. Best because now I picture his Texas experience as being like City Slickers, but with more punching and hitting dudes with bottles.

Loved the topic. I hope that comes up again. Remo Williams was the best possible example.
This may be the year I will disappear.

CurtBlair

• Policemans heel
« Reply #471 on: October 22, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »

I can't decide if finding out that Eddie From Brooklyn is now Eddie In Texas is a Best or Worst moment. Worst because, since he's still listening, it shatters my mental image of Eddie being a guy who doesn't have an Internet connection, but "heard about" the Internet and was "thinkin' about lookin' into gettin' it" some day. Best because now I picture his Texas experience as being like City Slickers, but with more punching and hitting dudes with bottles.

It's a best moment! Welcome to Texas, Eddie.

If he's just north of Houston, it's more likely that he's hanging out at Chili's or shopping for kitchen appliances at Linens n' Things.
Use your head, can't you, use your head! You're on earth, there's no cure for that!

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #472 on: October 22, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
Dispensing with the Sin City moron.

Spoony

« Reply #473 on: October 22, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »
Loved the topic. I hope that comes up again. Remo Williams was the best possible example.

I was 9 and that movie still bummed me out, and I would watch anything. I gave it a second chance when I still bought magazines with the short stories in them.

My favorite was the one where an assassin was murdering people by dropping quarters from a hot-air balloon. Again, I was 9, so that concept seemed pretty genius to me. I believe it was called "Terminal Velocity." Gotta stay true to the form, I guess.

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #474 on: October 22, 2008, 05:55:07 PM »
Dania -

You're up next.

Tom.

[gulp sound effect]!  Yipe!

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #475 on: October 22, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
- tom's racist cabbie
- the jerry seinfeld Q&A
- the mummy n' book museum
'- can you hear a heave-ho?
- return of the h-man

Thanks Andrew.  I was really looking forward to calling in, since I haven't done it since before I was known as the H-Man.  I had one more thing I wish I could've mentioned, but I was going to add on air who I give my endorsement to for mayor of Newbridge.

I hope I wasn't responsible for H-Man's call being so late for telling him in the chat that PFT was ejected from the studio after getting into a fistfight with Mike following the introduction of a "Who could you beat up?" topic.

No worries, Wes.  I was less likely because of it, but I also had to go to some stupid meeting. 
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

fyodor

• Policemans heel
« Reply #476 on: October 22, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »
Not to suck-up to Tom's protege or nuthin', but, the H-Man's facebook updates are the stuff of legend.

Itslikeimsayin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #477 on: October 22, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
99-cent store toys/Tom saying "Space Adventure."

<<<<<

« Reply #478 on: October 22, 2008, 10:36:31 PM »
"Myspace is Vietnam over there"   :D 

<<<<<

« Reply #479 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »
This entire episode is pretty much nonstop awesome.