Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778109 times)

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #630 on: November 13, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »
it's a real town all right. not far from me. close to tarpon springs.

YOU KNOW, Tarpon Springs.

There are only 3 towns in Florida: Miami, Key West and Sea World...and wherever you call from, Samir. That can be one too. I've never heard  of this Harpoon Springs place.

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #631 on: November 13, 2008, 02:06:30 PM »
And Plant City. 

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #632 on: November 13, 2008, 03:17:45 PM »
Gnawing at me since that guy's first call:

Newport Richie = Tugboat Richie?

It's New Port Richey, you Floridummy.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Sarah

« Reply #633 on: November 13, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »
What happened to Old Port Richey?  Does it still exist, or was New Port Richey born from its ashes?

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #634 on: November 13, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
"It's just me and Jay-Z."
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #635 on: November 13, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »
Tom talking about cheapskate, Robert Rodriguez. 

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #636 on: November 13, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »
I'm delighted to have inspired Tom's Roger Moore rant and his rather good impressions.

It was amazing. I do, however, wonder if Tom will have to issue an Alan Partridge-like apology to that towel thief Roger Moore.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Come on, Jason

« Reply #637 on: November 13, 2008, 10:29:50 PM »

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Itslikeimsayin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #639 on: November 14, 2008, 04:59:53 AM »
Wurster deserves the radio equivalent of an Emmy or Oscar for actually making Joe the Plumber a sympathetic character by the end of that call Tuesday.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #640 on: November 14, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
Wurster deserves the radio equivalent of an Emmy or Oscar for actually making Joe the Plumber a sympathetic character by the end of that call Tuesday.

Yeah, it was more like an Andrew Earles call in terms of the misery/pathetic factor.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #641 on: November 14, 2008, 09:11:55 AM »
"And what is Dink...

...Hunt?"

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #642 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:44 AM »
"And what is Dink...

...Hunt?"

That JTP call was worth preserving on some kind of 5" disc where the information is read by lasers of some kind.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #643 on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:16 AM »
The Discussion of Steve Harvey's clothes line was particularly chuckle-worthy. That and Tom apologizing for hanging up on the caller and not knowing why he did it and how he should "hang up on himself."
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Mo Primo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #644 on: November 16, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »
I didn't much like the condescending twerp who complained about "cartoon names" and even seemed to imply that Mercedes is one of them.  I mean, that name has been around forever--well, for a couple thousand years, anyway.

Jason's call?  Creepy and great.

Yeah, what a paranoid, condescending douchebag that moron from Illinois was. It's weird, though, how the multiracial staff of the Afrocentric satire site The Peoples News have kind of the same opinion as this wackjob. Check out the list of recent posts centered around the headline "Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Names," "Black Mother First Person Arrested for Naming Her Child," and "Condi Calls for Removal of Detroit ‘Naming Rights’ Judge."

http://thepeoplesnews.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/federal-judge-enough-with-the-stupid-names/

It's like there's some kind of interracial conspiracy going on! These fools must be stopped! I mean, who the hell is anybody to challenge a parent's right to name their kids Mursaydeez, or Shahnell, or Tysunn? If they can't pronounce Mercedes like someone who actually speaks Spanish, what does it matter? It's all part of the multicultural tapestry of America, right? It's not like it's going to contribute to the further stratification and atomization of modern society or whatever. Hell, if anything, the Freds and Pattys of the world should be doing their darndest to keep step with these cultural innovators. For every child named Lablaqkweena or Ty'Rayne, there must be a Cottonelle Sloompty Spandex-Mitterand or a Nutella Framblips Kleenex-Yamamoto. It's easy... almost.... formulaic, even. That kind of brave emphasis on ultra-competitive uniqueness is one of those things that I don't think I'll live to see spreading through the world, though.

Oh... wait...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/07/news/venez.php