Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777737 times)

chrisL_nyc

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1020 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
 Yay ! Theme song Chris L here . Glad some people like the new jam - i struggled with the too busy thing for a long time and finally said the heck with it - just cram it full . I was going for the audio equivalent of the Tim and Eric awesome show opening - only forced into the constraints of the best show theme .
   I had loads more clips and callers that i just couldnt fit in - and i didnt want to make it any longer.  i think 2 minutes is already pushing it . There are still problems with it that i might be able to tweak before i mail the actual CD to the big guy . Ive listened to it about 4 billlion times - it really made me cringe at first - but its grown on me .

xo
themesongchrisL

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1021 on: January 08, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
ThemeSongChris -

I think it's fantastic. It's dense, but it lends itself to repeated listens.

Thanks for doing it!

Tom.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1022 on: January 08, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »
i heard it for the first time this morning (i missed it originally tuesday nite) and loved it; it's busy in a good way.  for new listeners its possibly confusing, but new listeners eventually turn into old listeners. 

dont change it too much. 

<<<<<

« Reply #1023 on: January 08, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
The new theme is great, partly because it is hugely inclusive of all the people (other than just Tom) who also make the show great.  So many great people and so many great memories.

Sarah

« Reply #1024 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »
I believe it was only vaguely referred to as "the afterlife," wasn't it?  Although surely the Professor from Gilligan's Island fronting a Pavement tribute band is someone's idea of heaven.

I thought there was a reference to "the other place" in connection with a guy thought of as bad (I can't remember which), so I figured this was heaven.  But I was rinsing dishes at the time, so I might have misheard.

hugman

« Reply #1025 on: January 08, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
Yay ! Theme song Chris L here . Glad some people like the new jam - i struggled with the too busy thing for a long time and finally said the heck with it - just cram it full . I was going for the audio equivalent of the Tim and Eric awesome show opening - only forced into the constraints of the best show theme .
   I had loads more clips and callers that i just couldnt fit in - and i didnt want to make it any longer.  i think 2 minutes is already pushing it . There are still problems with it that i might be able to tweak before i mail the actual CD to the big guy . Ive listened to it about 4 billlion times - it really made me cringe at first - but its grown on me .

xo
themesongchrisL

I love it (naturally).  If you were to tweak anything, the only thing it could use is some fiddling with the levels on a few of the calls so you can hear them better.

Awesome job.

hugs

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1026 on: January 08, 2009, 12:41:43 PM »
Spike's sad, quiet "He's drunk" near the end of the Fredericks vs. Soundboard Fredericks vs. Spike call.

Also the Freddy Kruger joke that no one acknowledged and the "he stealing my thunder" leading up to it.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1027 on: January 08, 2009, 02:03:53 PM »
Tuesday's show inspired an unintentional malapropism: I said 'Orwellian' when referring to a very large person, but I meant Orson Wellesian. 

'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a very large man eating ice cream....FOREVER!'

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1028 on: January 08, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
TS Chris L, I love the new theme.  Because I'm in it!!!  Which is seriously one of the greatest honors I have ever received and also probably the best birthday present.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1029 on: January 08, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
oh yeah...that reminds me.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1030 on: January 08, 2009, 02:43:13 PM »
oh yeah...that reminds me.

Is it your birthday?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1031 on: January 08, 2009, 04:42:41 PM »
Okay having listened to the new intro through actual speakers (rather than terrible built in audio from a power mac) the theme sounds MUCH better than I originally thought. So I now officially am a fan of it! The Best Show...IT'S...EVOLLLVINGGGGG!
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1032 on: January 08, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
And having just started the podcast, a moment I loved but didn't know about earlier:

The beginning of the show GOMP with a young Petey. Fantastic.
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

hugman

« Reply #1033 on: January 08, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
It was a great night for thoroughly put-out hipsters from Brooklyn.

Phantom Hugger

« Reply #1034 on: January 08, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
There is lots to love in the new theme song. And it keeps getting better with each listen.

One highlight for me is AP Mike promising honorary degrees in Sociology and Anthropology to dedicated Wireheads upon completion of the series.