Author Topic: 'In the FOT Seat' FREE FOR ALL Clusterpost!  (Read 13205 times)

Beth

• Space Champion!
Re: 'In the FOT Seat' FREE FOR ALL Clusterpost!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
4. What is your current vocation/ job/ area of study?
 Foxy-Boxing promoter.

I just googled that.

Whuut?

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 11:43:57 AM »
I'm just trying to bring some credibility to an unrecognized art form.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 12:21:30 PM »
So, what's with everyone staying healthy with their death row pizza? You know you're going to be dead in a matter of hours right?

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

Speech recognition user interface designer. I also teach psycholinguistics part time to grad students.

Hey, fellow speech professional!

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
1. What is your real first and middle name (if any)?

Emily Jeannette

2. Where were you born, geographically?

Englewood, NJ

3. Where do you reside now (geographically)?

Greenpoint, but I'm in NJ a lot.

Archivist

But I'm pretty sure I'll be returning to school soon, to study Arts/Humanities some more.

5. Desert Island: ONE record

I'd build a radio out of coconuts and tune into WFMU.

6. What is the most impressive thing in nature that you have ever seen in person?

I think the Hudson river is pretty impressive..

7. What is the most impressive thing in the human-made world that you have ever seen in person?

Cappella Sistina! which I had renewed/deepened appreciation for last week as I scrubbed mold off of my bathroom ceiling. (Useful cleaning tip: vinegar kills mold like magic)

8. Death Row Pizza: what style/toppings?

Fugu

9. Tom calls you up and tells you that he will be at a cardboard symposium in your town and has a free day off. What will you guys do?

Arrange an impromptu FOT meet up & put the Pie v. Cake debate to a taste test/rest.

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »
1. What is your real first and middle name (if any)? Jeremy Andrew

2. Where were you born, geographically? London Ontario Canada

3. Where do you reside now (geographically)? Toronto Ontario Canada

4. What is your current vocation/ job/ area of study? Film Post Production

5. Desert Island: ONE record Guv'Ner : Hard for measy for you

6. What is the most impressive thing in nature that you have ever seen in person? I just drove accross Canada from Toronto to Vancouver.  Perhaps the Rocky mountains, there were many impressive sights.

7. What is the most impressive thing in the human-made world that you have ever seen in person? Airplanes? I don't know.

8. Death Row Pizza: what style/toppings? Red Onions, Mushrooms + Feta Cheese.

9. Tom calls you up and tells you that he will be at a cardboard symposium in your town and has a free day off. What will you guys do?  Go to Toronto Island and hang out, BBQ and drinks in my yard later.
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
9. Tom calls you up and tells you that he will be at a cardboard symposium in your town and has a free day off. What will you guys do?[/b]

Arrange an impromptu FOT meet up & put the Pie v. Cake debate to a taste test/rest.

this would be FUN

Forrest

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
So, what's with everyone staying healthy with their death row pizza? You know you're going to be dead in a matter of hours right?

I noticed this too. So here's my pizza:

fried chicken, bacon, feta cheese, jalapeno poppers, scrambled eggs, and chipotle dressing.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 10:18:51 PM »
That's more like it!

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »
Too many toppings on pizza is gross.

Some good toppings, individually:

jalepeños
pineapple
mushrooms
buffalo sauce
spinach

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »
buffalo sauce

Yes! You don't see many places that offer it though.

Spoony

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »
Carmine's Pizza on Grahme Ave in Brooklyn has a really good Buffalo Chicken slice. I'll bring one as a palate cleanser to the Great Cake 'N' Pie-Off, whenever that happens.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »
OK:

1. What is your real first and middle name (if any)? Jason Dylan (after Dylan Thomas, not Bob).  Grote isn't my real last name, incidentally.

2. Where were you born, geographically? Lakewood, NJ

3. Where do you reside now (geographically)? Brooklyn, NY

4. What is your current vocation/ job/ area of study? As I write this, I'm an Assistant Instructor in the Rutgers University English Department and I'm scheduled to be a visiting professor of playwriting at Hollins University.  And I make about 1/4-1/5 of my income through playwriting.  But I'm waiting to hear on my dream job.

5. Desert Island: ONE record I'd rather jettison food and carry a big CD wallet.  But probably a mix CD I got from Douglas Wolk in 2007, just for variety and obscurity.  If I can't get away with either of those, then I guess the White Album.

6. What is the most impressive thing in nature that you have ever seen in person? Jumbo Rocks in Joshua Tree National Park, California, particularly the top of this one mountain where you can see the entire horizon, 360 degrees, including Death Valley many miles away.

7. What is the most impressive thing in the human-made world that you have ever seen in person? Probably Old Town in Prague, which is maze-like and crazy.  Made me understand Kafka.

8. Death Row Pizza: what style/toppings? Probably the chicken, garlic, and tomato pizza from Geno's in Flushing, Queens, right across the street from Queens College.  It's the only thing I miss about teaching there.  Either that, or I'd get a giant slice from Benny Tudino's and slap it in my jailer's face, blinding him with hot cheese, and escape.  And if my plan failed, the pizza is still pretty good.

9. Tom calls you up and tells you that he will be at a cardboard symposium in your town and has a free day off. What will you guys do?  A movie of Tom's choosing, and at the end we'll go to a little coffee and dessert place and have some cappuccino and pastries and yap about the movie until it gets late.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Dan B

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:22 PM »
Dan:
6. What is the most impressive thing in nature that you have ever seen in person?
A tiger.

Where/when/how?
Probably a zoo.  Is that still nature?  The tiger was natural, anyway.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 11:52:07 PM »
Grote isn't my real last name, incidentally.

Wait.  What?