Author Topic: MAD MEN  (Read 20361 times)

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: MAD MEN
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »
So Mad Men wins best drama series but Jon Hamm gets no love? I'm confused.

At least 30 Rock won everything else...

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »
I think the show is really picking up at this point. It's no Sopranos or Wire but it's still probably the best drama on TV.

And while Jon Hamm's loss was a huge surprise, I'm glad Bryan Cranston finally got a win. I may be in the minority, but I like Breaking Bad and I think he's the best part about it.

And how about Christina Hendricks on the red carpet?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »

And while Jon Hamm's loss was a huge surprise, I'm glad Bryan Cranston finally got a win. I may be in the minority, but I like Breaking Bad and I think he's the best part about it.

Agreed. I was surprised he won since they had such a short season.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2015, 09:38:01 PM »
This is going to end soon. I cannot help but be haunted by the way it was described from the future:

Don Draper stands alone. He speaks to the room.

"I am an *ad* man," he says. He turns to the camera. "I am a *MAD* Man."

Fade to black.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2015, 12:39:25 PM »
The entire series has been a prequel to the AMC's new show The Man in the Grey Flannel Parachute where we follow D.B. Cooper aka Don Draper aka Dick Whitman on his adventures after skyjacking a plane.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/04/16/don_draper_to_become_d_b_cooper_in_mad_men_finale_a_skyjacking_expert_weighs.html
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
The entire series has been a prequel to the AMC's new show The Man in the Grey Flannel Parachute where we follow D.B. Cooper aka Don Draper aka Dick Whitman on his adventures after skyjacking a plane.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/04/16/don_draper_to_become_d_b_cooper_in_mad_men_finale_a_skyjacking_expert_weighs.html

Don is obviously going to jail for his war crimes, that or this show is going to end like Office Space.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »
this show is going to end like Office Space.

Given all the other alternatives, I'd take this.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »
this show is going to end like Office Space.

Given all the other alternatives, I'd take this.

I was half joking, but I would be fine with it too. I'm probably going to be happy with anything they choose though.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2015, 11:20:40 PM »
Spoiler Alert! Don probably becomes the bass player for The Source Family.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »
Congratulations to a special FOT and THE breakout star of the final episode of Mad Men. I'll observe a 24-hour spoiler warning before I name names.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 08:12:24 AM »
Congratulations to a special FOT and THE breakout star of the final episode of Mad Men. I'll observe a 24-hour spoiler warning before I name names.
Jason?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2015, 11:06:37 AM »
Jason?

Jason who? So, no. But this person IS friends ("friends"?) with an FP FOT named Jason.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »

as I was watching the episode and they ended up at that weird hippie place I said"I bet [name redacted] is in these scenes" and then he was! I was just joking but he was perfect to play that type of character.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »
In the first, quick pan of that scene, I said "holy cow that's [name redacted]!" but I was still kind of amazed that it was actually him - and that he got to speak! And be, uh, [redacted].

I had never seen nor heard of him until about three weeks ago. Now I've seen both of his [redacted] with [name #2 redacted]. He's a funny guy.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »
In the first, quick pan of that scene, I said "holy cow that's [name redacted]!" but I was still kind of amazed that it was actually him - and that he got to speak! And be, uh, [redacted].

I had never seen nor heard of him until about three weeks ago. Now I've seen both of his [redacted] with [name #2 redacted]. He's a funny guy.

Everybody knows that ding, was Don's idea for Plato's Retreat right?