Author Topic: You say Mayubinatorial, I say Mayubernatorial, let's call the whole thing off.  (Read 2931 times)

tenspeed

• Achilles bursitis
This just in from CNN's headline ticker.

It looks like Philly Boy Roy's "Dems Party," or is it the "Nem's Party?"  Either way they're leaking information to correspond with the Newbridge Mayubernatorial Debate.

Should be interesting.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Word around here is that Roy's camp is planning to let his followers know who would be in his cabinet by taking out an ad in the South Philly Review Chronicle, to be run below the quarter-page two-color ad for NotJustPizza, which should be on the page opposite the story about that guy who got beat to death with his own bike U-Lock at the Philadelphia Soul parade and the Wrestlin' Round-up column.
This may be the year I will disappear.

samir

• Space Champion!
Bob took out a 30-sec TV ad that said

"Philly Boy Roy may be the world's biggest celebrity [intercut with pictures of Randall Savage and the lead singer from Harvey Danger], but is he ready to be Mayor?"

The weird thing is, you could hear tape hiss over Bob's voice over.

Anyway, the spot aired during the Olympics, and most agree that it was a tactical misfire.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

tenspeed

• Achilles bursitis
ad in the South Philly Review Chronicle, to be run below the quarter-page two-color ad for NotJustPizza, which should be on the page opposite the story about that guy who got beat to death with his own bike U-Lock at the Philadelphia Soul parade and the Wrestlin' Round-up column.

That's interesting. 

I have a friend who lives in Manayunk, he claims the Debate may skirt the Whiz vs. Provolone issue all together.   It doesn't come as a surprise, after that scathing Op-Ed by Frank Rich's nephew, Lester, in which he chastised the candidates for not caring enough about the real issues, I doubt they'll bring it up.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
I ate a cheesesteak in South Philly once.  I am for real, son.