Author Topic: You just bought Music Group from Radiohut ...  (Read 12588 times)

mokin

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: You just bought Music Group from Radiohut ...
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
"A Space Boy Dream" - Belle and Sebastian
"Louie Louie" - the Kingsmen
"We Didn't Start the Fire" - Billy Joel

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 08:07:14 PM »
"All I Need" - Jack Wagner
"Holding Back The Years" - Simply Red
"Every Breath You Take" - The Police

unlockable track: "Chain Fight Tonight" - Roland Gorchnick
"Dad gets mad."

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 08:15:35 PM »
how about "Rock n' Roll Dreams'll Come Thru" by the Gas Station Dogs?  or "High Dive" by Mother 13.  Or any songs from any toilet rock bands?
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »
... Or any songs from any toilet rock bands?

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
... Or any songs from any toilet rock bands?

no no no, i mean the crapeaters, S hit face, pant pudding, or any of the other "bands" mentioned by Bill Chippert for his Lid Blower on Toilet Rock in which he quoted Tom.
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

no no no, i mean the crapeaters, S hit face, pant pudding, or any of the other "bands" mentioned by Bill Chippert for his Lid Blower on Toilet Rock in which he quoted Tom.

Huh huh, you said "Lid Blower".

We all know that Bill Chippert doesn't do his homework. He missed this band. Jeez louise, you asked for toilet rock, I gave you a real band with the word "Toilet" in its name!! What more do you want from me???!@!

I hereby resign from the MusicGroup development team. At least for another half hour, at which point I'll probably rejoin ...
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 04:03:29 AM »

Huh huh, you said "Lid Blower".

We all know that Bill Chippert doesn't do his homework. He missed this band. Jeez louise, you asked for toilet rock, I gave you a real band with the word "Toilet" in its name!! What more do you want from me???!@!

I hereby resign from the MusicGroup development team. At least for another half hour, at which point I'll probably rejoin ...

It's been way more than a half hour, DaveB ... I'm not paying you to sit around, not posting.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »
I think there is probably an Elvis Costello edition that only features songs that came after 1986.

Thrill to Any King's Shilling, All This Useless Beauty, North and every single track from his collaboration with Anne Sofie von Otter.

Come on, "Brutal Youth" had some great songs on it!
Yes, but Music Group only has Still To Soon To Know.

Honestly, I like nearly all of Elvis Costello's later work. I even rather like North. But it IS ridiculously inconsistent. Also, the title of his last album, Momofuku, makes me remember what Tom said about Donald Fagen's Morph The Cat. It's the kind of title that only someone who is "still cool" could come up with.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »
"Elevation" - U2
"Don't Speak" - No Doubt
"A Little Bit of Mambo" - Lou Bega

Unlockable character - The bass player from Creed, whoever that is.

Susannah

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
I think there is probably an Elvis Costello edition that only features songs that came after 1986.

Thrill to Any King's Shilling, All This Useless Beauty, North and every single track from his collaboration with Anne Sofie von Otter.

Come on, "Brutal Youth" had some great songs on it!
Yes, but Music Group only has Still To Soon To Know.

Honestly, I like nearly all of Elvis Costello's later work. I even rather like North. But it IS ridiculously inconsistent. Also, the title of his last album, Momofuku, makes me remember what Tom said about Donald Fagen's Morph The Cat. It's the kind of title that only someone who is "still cool" could come up with.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the title "Momofuku" is all about.  As much as I love and idolize Elvis Costello (which is a lot), I'm more annoyed by the constantly repackaged and regurgitated reissues than by an uneven output of new material.  Why do I own five different copies of "My Aim is True" in various formats?  Oh, because I'm insane. 

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
I was lucky in that I got into Elvis Costello in 2001, which is RIGHT when the reissues started coming out. So I bought Get Happy by itself, but got the rest in the Rhino form. Gonna be hard to top those.

But to keep this from getting further off topic, I'd hope that Music Group would also have Pangaea in its entirety. Also that they got the rights to a White Stripes song, but could only afford Little Room.

moderate rock

• Policemans heel
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 12:05:59 AM »
Also that they got the rights to a White Stripes song, but could only afford Little Room.
Unfortunately, the song proved to complicated for the software to handle.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »
The hits keep comin'!

"Cry" by Godley & Cream

"We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner

"I Wanna Hold Your Hand" Jonas Brothers version.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:02 AM »
"A Little Bit of Mambo" - Lou Bega

It's Mambo No. 5, you cretin. Show some respect.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 07:33:41 AM »

" Ringworm " by Van Morrison