Poll

Who should be the winner of the 2008 Newbridge Mayubernatorial Election? Vote! I AM GOING TO RE-SET THE VOTE EVERY DAY SO THAT YOU CAN VOTE AGAIN. I AM KEEP TRACK OF AN OVERALL TALLY! You can vote ONE TIME, but for AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU WANT THAT ONE TIME

Hammerhead (Newbridge Hardcore Party)
0 (0%)
Bishop Pablo Fontana (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Thor from Newbridge (Grassroots Movement Party)
0 (0%)
Philly Boy Roy Ziegler (unaffiliated)
8 (42.1%)
Bob (Newbridge Freedom Lovers Party)
0 (0%)
Dr. Fred Meyers (Mental Health Party)
1 (5.3%)
Marky Ramone (Gabba Gabba Hey! Party)
4 (21.1%)
Tor Halversom (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Paul from Consolidated Cardboard (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Pudge Palfner (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Zachary Brimstead, Esquire (Barberpole Party)
1 (5.3%)
Chief Ray Ploppleton (Greasy Funk Party)
0 (0%)
Associate Producer Mike (unaffiliated)
3 (15.8%)
TODD PALIN (new!)
1 (5.3%)
JOE THE PLUMBER (newer!)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 03:57:12 PM

Author Topic: WHO SHOULD BE MAYOR OF NEWBRIDGE? VOTE HERE!  (Read 157203 times)

erechoveraker

Re: WHO SHOULD BE MAYOR OF NEWBRIDGE? VOTE HERE!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »
Was only able to vote once.

I suppose an option could be one of those embedded polling sites, like from polldaddy or one of those, right smack on the front of the main friendsoftom.com page (or I suppose could be embedded into a post on the boards too actually). I'm pretty sure those can either be set to allow multiple/unlimited votes or at least the cookies for them expire pretty quickly. Either way.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »
Like yesno, I was able to select as many candidates as I wanted when casting my vote, but I'm not being given the option to vote a second time.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:36 PM »
Tom, I was able to vote for as many candidates as I liked.  But after you vote, you can't vote again.  You have one go.

Also, um, excuse me, but on the May 22, 2007 show, the guy who calls in about Power Pop Pop Pop clearly mentions that Officer Harrips' father was once mayor, but on yesterday's show there was a discussion of past Newbridge mayors but Mayor Harrips seems to have somehow been erased from the canon.  I'd expect this kind of inconsistency from Marvel or DC, but I find this oversight totally unacceptable from the Best Show.  I will require a full refund.

I believe "Whitey" Harrups wasn't one of the more renowned mayors, which may explain his exclusion from the list.

Also, is it Harrups, Harrops, or Harrips? Fotpedia spells it both Harrups and Harrops.

I think that a Newbridge Infinite Crisis may be needed to fix this, personally.

Raffy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 11:48:11 PM »
I'm leaning towards Marky Ramone, if only because of his fascinating tour stories.

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »
I wasn't even considering AP Mike until he showed up for the show drunk. That gets my vote.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 02:04:12 AM »
I'm having voter's remorse.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 03:37:20 AM »
nobody from the repspublicans?

I want somebody in there that likes to lift.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 07:07:05 AM »
T-T-T-Tor Halversom is going to have me killed now, because I promised to rig the election in his favor, and now I can't follow through. Frankly, I'm in over my head and horribly afraid. Does anyone have a couch I can crash on for a little while, till the elections pass? I'm hiding out at the Newbridge bus station for now, and using the free wifi from the hotel across the street to plea for sanctuary.

Huh, that's new... What is that delicious smell? Oh god. Wait!!! That's CHOCOLA-

*a wet thud is heard moments before my account is deleted forever*

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 08:05:57 AM »
I wasn't even considering AP Mike until he showed up for the show drunk. That gets my vote.

I think I heard something about him making the apple in his briefcase Vice Mayor and Larry the Perv Secretary of the Interior.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 10:42:18 AM »
Tom, I was able to vote for as many candidates as I liked.  But after you vote, you can't vote again.  You have one go.

Also, um, excuse me, but on the May 22, 2007 show, the guy who calls in about Power Pop Pop Pop clearly mentions that Officer Harrips' father was once mayor, but on yesterday's show there was a discussion of past Newbridge mayors but Mayor Harrips seems to have somehow been erased from the canon.  I'd expect this kind of inconsistency from Marvel or DC, but I find this oversight totally unacceptable from the Best Show.  I will require a full refund.

I believe "Whitey" Harrups wasn't one of the more renowned mayors, which may explain his exclusion from the list.

Also, is it Harrups, Harrops, or Harrips? Fotpedia spells it both Harrups and Harrops.

I think that a Newbridge Infinite Crisis may be needed to fix this, personally.

ONLY if the Flash dies.

Pat K

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »
I'm perfectly torn between Mohkky Ramone and AP Mike. Almost as torn as I was deciding between Fred Thompson and Rudy Guliani back in January.

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Sarah

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
I had been planning to cast my vote ten times for the same person, but I'm beginning to like the purity of having been able to vote only once for my candidate of choice.

asterios

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »
As a nameless caller once voted...

ROY FOR THE WIN.

Julie

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »
Was only able to vote once.

I suppose an option could be one of those embedded polling sites, like from polldaddy or one of those, right smack on the front of the main friendsoftom.com page (or I suppose could be embedded into a post on the boards too actually). I'm pretty sure those can either be set to allow multiple/unlimited votes or at least the cookies for them expire pretty quickly. Either way.

Oh, zip it, you big old baby!
I have a long history of booing

Julie

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
I'm leaning towards Marky Ramone, if only because of his fascinating tour stories.

I don't think you should vote. My advice is do something besides voting, because your opinion doesn't jive with the facts in my brain.
I have a long history of booing