Poll

Who should be the winner of the 2008 Newbridge Mayubernatorial Election? Vote! I AM GOING TO RE-SET THE VOTE EVERY DAY SO THAT YOU CAN VOTE AGAIN. I AM KEEP TRACK OF AN OVERALL TALLY! You can vote ONE TIME, but for AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU WANT THAT ONE TIME

Hammerhead (Newbridge Hardcore Party)
0 (0%)
Bishop Pablo Fontana (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Thor from Newbridge (Grassroots Movement Party)
0 (0%)
Philly Boy Roy Ziegler (unaffiliated)
8 (42.1%)
Bob (Newbridge Freedom Lovers Party)
0 (0%)
Dr. Fred Meyers (Mental Health Party)
1 (5.3%)
Marky Ramone (Gabba Gabba Hey! Party)
4 (21.1%)
Tor Halversom (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Paul from Consolidated Cardboard (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Pudge Palfner (unaffiliated)
0 (0%)
Zachary Brimstead, Esquire (Barberpole Party)
1 (5.3%)
Chief Ray Ploppleton (Greasy Funk Party)
0 (0%)
Associate Producer Mike (unaffiliated)
3 (15.8%)
TODD PALIN (new!)
1 (5.3%)
JOE THE PLUMBER (newer!)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 03:57:12 PM

Author Topic: WHO SHOULD BE MAYOR OF NEWBRIDGE? VOTE HERE!  (Read 156078 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
WHO SHOULD BE MAYOR OF NEWBRIDGE? VOTE HERE!
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
We're gonna try this again. Hopefully it works!

VOTE!

John Junk 2.0

Re: WHO SHOULD BE MAYOR OF NEWBRIDGE? VOTE HERE!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
Do you not get to see the results 'til the end?

thecramedog

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
hmmmm... no Sleepy Jeff?

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »
hmmmm... no Sleepy Jeff?

I believe that SJ passed on due to injuries suffered from the bus accident at the end of his 4/1/08 call:

Quote from: recap
At this point Tom's yawning is making SJ so tired that he may have to pull over. He's driving a tourist bus on the way back from taking a group of 12- and 13-year-olds to Washington, D.C. to see all the sights. Tom questions his decision to talk on the phone while driving, but SJ thinks it's fine because he can drive the bus with his knees. Tom thinks this is a terrible steering strategy. SJ says he has the phone in his right hand while his left hand dangles his cig out the window. He is only able to keep one eye open due to his exhaustion. Tom thinks it's horribly unsafe, but SJ says it's fun for the kids, who are all asleep because he gave them something: Blue. Tom think it's criminal to provide drugs to young schoolchildren. SJ assures him that the kids are having fun. He disputes the drug charge because Blue is available over the counter ... at one store. Tom says it's still an illegal product, and SJ wants Tom to define "illegal". Tom explains that there are existing laws on the books and these actions defy those laws. SJ does't seem convinced, but he is about to do something that he knows is illegal. He is preparing to pass three slow-moving vehicles on the left, which will force him into oncoming traffic in the opposite lane for a second. Tom doesn't think he can manage this delicate maneuver in a school bus. SJ thinks he can and then screams "Oh my God!" before hanging up.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

thecramedog

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
Oh right.  Thanks Omar.  I forgot about that.  I thought Sleepy Jeff made a fine candidate for mayor.

gravy boat

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »
We can vote ten times? Gotta love Hudson County politics.

<<<<<

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »
I was going to vote for Hammerhead but rumors have been flying that Pudge slipped him an Anthrax tape and that he's been listening to nothing but thrash metal in his car ever since.   >:(   >:(    >:( 

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »
I was going to vote for Hammerhead but rumors have been flying that Pudge slipped him an Anthrax tape and that he's been listening to nothing but thrash metal in his car ever since.   >:(   >:(    >:( 

Let me know if you can confirm these rumors so I can switch my vote to Hammerhead!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »
Quote from: recap
SJ thinks he can and then screams "Oh my God!" before hanging up.

it's too bad that these guys weren't around:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP7q2o1Z0w8[/youtube]

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
hmmmm... no Sleepy Jeff?
I believe that SJ passed on due to injuries suffered from the bus accident at the end of his 4/1/08 call:

SJ RIP. I'm pouring some Nyquil on the ground in your honor, my brother. Get yourself some rest up there in Heaven.

... but if it turns out he survived, I'll be glad to see him back.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »

Let me know if you can confirm these rumors so I can switch my vote to Hammerhead!

This was buried in the back of Section E, but today's Newbridge Herald-Times Republican-Herald had a still photo of Hammerhead walking out of the CD Submarine with a vinyl copy of Budgie's Squawk. He was trying to obscure the cover, but it was pretty obvious if you knew what to look for.

I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »
Are people able to vote more than once? It doesn't seem like they can.

Please let me know how the voting is working out for you. And if you know how to remedy this situation, please let me know.

Thanks.

Tom.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:02:43 PM »
Tom, I was able to vote for as many candidates as I liked.  But after you vote, you can't vote again.  You have one go.

Also, um, excuse me, but on the May 22, 2007 show, the guy who calls in about Power Pop Pop Pop clearly mentions that Officer Harrips' father was once mayor, but on yesterday's show there was a discussion of past Newbridge mayors but Mayor Harrips seems to have somehow been erased from the canon.  I'd expect this kind of inconsistency from Marvel or DC, but I find this oversight totally unacceptable from the Best Show.  I will require a full refund.

mokin

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
Tom, I was able to vote for as many candidates as I liked.  But after you vote, you can't vote again.  You have one go.

Also, um, excuse me, but on the May 22, 2007 show, the guy who calls in about Power Pop Pop Pop clearly mentions that Officer Harrips' father was once mayor, but on yesterday's show there was a discussion of past Newbridge mayors but Mayor Harrips seems to have somehow been erased from the canon.  I'd expect this kind of inconsistency from Marvel or DC, but I find this oversight totally unacceptable from the Best Show.  I will require a full refund.

I believe "Whitey" Harrups wasn't one of the more renowned mayors, which may explain his exclusion from the list.

Also, is it Harrups, Harrops, or Harrips? Fotpedia spells it both Harrups and Harrops.