Author Topic: Favorite NBA players?  (Read 12104 times)

chinapig

• Policemans heel
Re: Favorite NBA players?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 07:08:05 PM »

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 08:21:33 PM »
Anybody watching the preseason games right now? I gotta feel bad for the Wizards -- they resign Arenas & Jamison and they both get injured.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 10:58:39 PM »
Anybody watching the preseason games right now? I gotta feel bad for the Wizards -- they resign Arenas & Jamison and they both get injured.

C'mon now. These guys are total damaged goods. Maybe they can pick up Penny Hardaway too and complete the early defeat. Poor Bullets.

Cotton

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »
Jamison's fine. and he had a banner year last season.
I don't even know where to start with Arenas.

thecramedog

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 12:06:41 AM »
If we're going current, I have to go with Stephen Jackson.  He could murder you on the court and it seems like off of it, too.

All time favorite?  It's a tie between Kermit Washington and Bob McAdoo.

crazy nickname

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 01:32:15 AM »

C'mon now. These guys are total damaged goods. Maybe they can pick up Penny Hardaway too and complete the early defeat. Poor Bullets.

Early defeat?  I guess someone's never heard of Oleksiy Pecherov. 

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »

Early defeat?  I guess someone's never heard of Oleksiy Pecherov. 

I think this statement answers itself.

Do you think Oklahoma City is going to be a little annoyed with getting saddled by a team that (though possessing some interesting and talented players) is clearly in rebuilding mode for another couple of years?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »

Do you think Oklahoma City is going to be a little annoyed with getting saddled by a team that (though possessing some interesting and talented players) is clearly in rebuilding mode for another couple of years?

I'd be more annoyed that the entire city of Seattle hates me for stealing away its team.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 06:47:48 PM »

I'd be more annoyed that the entire city of Seattle hates me for stealing away its team.

It didn't sound like much of Seattle really cared - I don't think much of Fremont will be crying by the troll.

namethebats

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »

I am a hoopadummy and only really followed the NBA in high school because of Michael Jordan and NBA Jam and so forth.

Brad Lohaus from the corner. Worked almost every time and I loved killing my friends with Lohaus and Blue Edwards.

On TE, I always cycled between the Sonics and Magic (when you got the unlocked players, you could switch between Penny, Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott and just rain down threes the entire game).

Edit: I just looked at that list. Beating every team in the game enabled you to play with Bill Curley, Eric Mobley and Yinka Dare.

But even the unlocked Sonics team didn't include my favorite player, Nate McMillan:

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
Wolfpack reprazent.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Chad

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
With Tom being such a big Charles Oakley supporter, I think there is at least one Boston Celtic he would like:  Leon Powe.  Powe is a cross between Oakley and former Knick Anthony Mason.  Powe has also overcome many hardships in his personal life.
The H-Man... needs to do laundry today, and then enjoy the 3 day weekend.