Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290960 times)

dr_machine

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #930 on: April 03, 2015, 11:22:07 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm nathan from Durham, NC. I was a fan of the show's previous run and have been listening every week since The Return. Looking forward to more great episodes.
Twitter: @Dr_Machine

"Jon"

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #931 on: June 19, 2015, 01:59:10 PM »
Hi friends of Tom,

I'm Ben from Düsseldorf / Germany. I first heard of Tom on WTF and have been a casual listener (of the WFMU podcast) for a while, but since the Best Show is back I haven't missed a single week. Actually, all the other podcasts I liked are now sort of 'meh' in comparison. Chumps really got steamrolled, I think.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #932 on: June 19, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
Hello.

If you decide to go to the post burning thread, please be creative.

Thanks,

Fredericks
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fonebone

• Policemans heel
« Reply #933 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:50 PM »
Hello everyone,

West here.  I joined up.  I'm loving the show.  I'm also loving the people -- I came really late to this particular party (I got into the Best Show between the end of the WFMU era and the beginning of the present iteration) and have been genuinely and pleasantly surprised to find that NOT ONE FOT has given me sass for being a johnny-come-lately.  Anyhoo, I look forward to learning more around here, and maybe I'll see some of you at the El Rey in September.
"I'm a vehement opponent of adventure - any idiot can go to Antarctica. And any idiot can climb Mt. Everest. Even grannies have done it. There are thousands lining up. There is no adventure left." -Werner 'Giggles' Herzog

wyan

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #934 on: July 21, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
This will inevitably get buried but hi fellow friends of Tom. I'm Ryan from Cleveland, and I've been listening for quite a few years now and apparently never registered for this site. RIP future free time.

Patrique

• Policemans heel
« Reply #935 on: July 21, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
Hey gang. Relative newcomer, just got into the show this year and have spent a good deal of time flagellating myself for the fact TBS (no Ted Turner) was around for fifteen years and I'm just now digging into it.

For the record, "Horse From Jock Squad" is what hooked me, and my favorite characters are PBR and Pudge. Favorite caller is Julie from Cincinnati. Let's be friends.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #936 on: July 22, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »
Welcome, Patrique.

Just think of it this way: you couldn't relive the last 15 years if you wanted to, but you can time-shift that action into the present.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Izapunter

« Reply #937 on: July 24, 2015, 05:07:45 AM »
G'day all, Mary from Australia .... stumbled across The Best Show on WFMU in about July 2013 when it was mentioned in a list of the 20 best comedy podcasts to listen to, or something like that, I forget really, but I found it somehow and became an instant Best Show addict.  Who knew three hours could pass so quickly!  Love it so much and all the callers, so wonderful, Tom and Jon, sensational fun.  But wait, I've said too much, I think I'll go now.   See ya 

quinnova

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #938 on: July 26, 2015, 06:54:07 AM »
Hey.
Quinn from Lewisburg, Tennessee. It's a small town between Nashville and the TN-AL state line. I got into the Best Show a few weeks ago via Steven Universe of all things, so I'm a newcomer. Hilarious show, I try to catch every live show and I'm still working on getting through the previous episodes.

chriscrusher

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #939 on: July 29, 2015, 05:13:02 PM »
Hey, I'm Chris from Seattle.  I play in punk bands, enjoy video games, and enjoy pro wrestling.  I signed up here to sell my S&W tickets here in Seattle because I booked myself a show that night and now can't go.  After plucking around on here over the past week, it's an awesome supplement to the Best Show, which I've been listening to for 6 months or so now.  I can't believe it took me this long to listen as it seems like a ton of my friends are an arms length away from the show and never pushed it on me!!

Hi!!!

Narcoleptic Pacifist

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #940 on: August 11, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »
Hello. This is Matthew from Chicago.

First discovered Scharpling & Wurster in '99 when a friend gave me a copy of the CD, Rock, Rot & Rule.
In addition to MST3K and Longmont Potion Castle, I had now acquired the final piece of a trilogy of "never-fail" to make me laugh comedy.

I was working in radio at the time for a nationally syndicated morning show (which I will spare you the embarrassment of telling you) and I remember every day wishing I could work on a show like Tom's at WFMU.

Since then, I have acquired anything I can get my hands on to further my enjoyment of Mr. Scharpling. (podcast, CD's, box set, etc.) And I never stop recommending this show to anyone I feel would appreciate it.

I am an actor and digital artist with a particular style of humor myself...should you wish to see my stuff, my website is www.hipbattersea.com

Looking forward to meeting others on this forum and sharing in the mirth and mayhem.

Thank you everybody!
matthew

TaylorInDenver

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »
Hey! I'm here! I did it! Hello! I'm Taylor from Denver, co-host of with "Worm", aka "Ole Kev" of These Things Matter Podcast!

Hi, all you FOTs! Nice to see yah!

You might want to check out our podcast tomorrow. All I'll say is... Doctor Whodio.

Also... Which episode of the old show does Tom impersonate Petey with the "I'M GOING TO BE NOW, FAFFER!" quote???

Thanks!
-Taylor

Doctor Ninja

• Policemans heel
« Reply #942 on: September 01, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »

Doctor Ninja

• Policemans heel
« Reply #943 on: September 02, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
bleep blop

Seanman