Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290862 times)

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2009, 09:07:36 PM »
Hello, I'm Seth from Eugene, OR. I've been listening for a few months. I'm caught up on all of the Best Show Podcasts and almost caught up on the Gems. I love the music. The comedy is great. Even though Tom insults some of my favorite chunks of American pop culture, he's a quality host running a great show so... I'm in.

Yah, 98 Degrees WAS great.

I was talking more about Star Wars and Family Guy but I've never actually listened to 98 Degrees. Am I missing out?
There are some crazy bootlegs out there which will blow your mind.
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2009, 09:21:04 PM »

Yeah. 98 Degrees-Live at the Bi-Lo Center (10/14/98) easily surpasses any Rolling Stones bootleg that I've heard.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #347 on: June 18, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »

Yeah. 98 Degrees-Live at the Bi-Lo Center (10/14/98) easily surpasses any Rolling Stones bootleg that I've heard.

Is that as good as N'Sync Live @ Budokan? The 15 minute dance jam on "I want you back" was just mind blowing. Steve Albini's got nothin' on Lou Perlman.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

Is that as good as N'Sync Live @ Budokan? The 15 minute dance jam on "I want you back" was just mind blowing. Steve Albini's got nothin' on Lou Perlman.

Although, to Albini's dismay, Perlman's got stuff on him.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »

Although, to Albini's dismay, Perlman's got stuff on him.

Are we still talking about Lou or are we on to Ron?
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

BVS

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »
Hello folks,

I'm Brian from Pompton Lakes, NJ.  Last night was my first time calling into the show, but i've been a listener for about a year. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you. 
-Brian

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2009, 10:39:48 AM »
Hello folks,

I'm Brian from Pompton Lakes, NJ.  Last night was my first time calling into the show, but i've been a listener for about a year. 

Sir/Madam, your Member Profile lists your gender as "female."  I believe you to be a male boy based on your voice and image, but I could be wrong.  Just wanted to alert you to potential identity crisis.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

BVS

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
Hello folks,

Sir/Madam, your Member Profile lists your gender as "female."  I believe you to be a male boy based on your voice and image, but I could be wrong.  Just wanted to alert you to potential identity crisis.

Thank you sir, i could have sworn i clicked "male" - perhaps my feminine side was screaming to get recognized.  Oh well...thanks again!
-Brian

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
Hello folks,

Which specific ones?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
Hello folks,

Which specific ones?

It's best not to make nice with Dave.  He'll tear you up faster than a Swiss blacksmith at a corkboard convention.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Wotally Tifficult

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
First time poster. A girl that I am getting to know shares some aspects of my taste in music, but seems to lean towards the fun end. It meshes well with The Best Show, but would inviting her to an airing of your show be a good first date? It might be the dumbest idea I’ve ever had, but I really think it is a brilliant one.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »
An airing of the show? You mean, like, you will drive her out to the legendary make-out bluffs and then force her to listen to the show before you build a cage with her bones? I am not feeling good about the resulting associations.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2009, 08:41:50 PM »
An airing of the show? You mean, like, you will drive her out to the legendary make-out bluffs and then force her to listen to the show before you build a cage with her bones? I am not feeling good about the resulting associations.

Yeah, you need at least 2 or 3 skeletons to make a good cage...I read somewhere.

Wotally Tifficult

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2009, 03:34:16 AM »
Airings are only online for me, so no make out bluff. That's probably for the best, but The Best Show might negate the creepiness. It also might magnify the creepiness.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #359 on: July 06, 2009, 12:27:34 PM »
personally, one of my first dates was listening to the best show (true story) and its how i found out about the show.  i thought it was wonderful.

if she thinks its creepy, drop her.  but thats just me.