Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290926 times)

BVS

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
Airings are only online for me, so no make out bluff. That's probably for the best, but The Best Show might negate the creepiness. It also might magnify the creepiness.

I'd say suggesting she download a podcast or downloading one for her would be a better idea.  Or perhaps, a Best Show gems podcast.  Nothing is worse than sitting next to someone who is clearly not enjoying what you are enjoying - every time you glance over at her and she's not enjoying it, you're going to feel like shit.  That's if you're anything like me, i guess. 

Plus, the Best Show can take a few listens to really get. 
-Brian

Wotally Tifficult

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
personally, one of my first dates was listening to the best show (true story) and its how i found out about the show.  i thought it was wonderful.

if she thinks its creepy, drop her.  but thats just me.
That's the answer I was looking for. If she can't handle three hours of Mirth, Music, and Mayhem, then I can't handle three hours of her.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #362 on: July 06, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »
hey WT, i noticed you live in the phoenix area.  im moving back to memphis in september, but ive been in the valley the last 2 years with no fellow FOT in sight.

where have you been!?

Wotally Tifficult

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2009, 07:37:25 PM »
I've lived here most of my life. I liked The Best Show for a while, but I hadn't spent time on the forum. The Best Show hasn't caught on in Phoenix, yet.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2009, 08:05:01 AM »
I spotted somebody with a Scharpling and Wurster sticker on the lid of his laptop at the coffee shop where I occasionally hang out or work on stuff.

I was too shy to talk to him though.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2009, 11:18:14 AM »
I spotted somebody with a Scharpling and Wurster sticker on the lid of his laptop at the coffee shop where I occasionally hang out or work on stuff.

I was too shy to talk to him though.

i dream of this happening.

WT is right...the best show has not caught on in phoenix. 

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »
I'm an active WFMU booster and Best Show fan but a passive participant.  However, last night I dipped my toe and was misconstrued for a parallel FOT.  In Tom's defense, Chicago's a big Best Show city and "Mike" couldn't be a more ubiquitous name, but the fact is, I had never called in prior to the 7/7/09 show. 

Thinking about adopting Tom's tag "New Mike from Chicago" to differentiate and try again next week.  Eventually, I'd like to put in the time and graduate to "Mike from Chicago."  Thoughts?
Card-carrying FOT, eff 2005.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »
Thinking about adopting Tom's tag "New Mike from Chicago" to differentiate and try again next week.  Eventually, I'd like to put in the time and graduate to "Mike from Chicago."  Thoughts?

i support this.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »
I'm an active WFMU booster and Best Show fan but a passive participant.  However, last night I dipped my toe and was misconstrued for a parallel FOT.  In Tom's defense, Chicago's a big Best Show city and "Mike" couldn't be a more ubiquitous name, but the fact is, I had never called in prior to the 7/7/09 show. 

I was "Patrick from Oregon" until I heard THREE other Patrick's from Oregon call in and pledge during one night off the marathon.

I like "New Mike".
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »
I want to hear that song again: Mike on the Mic on the Mike Show!

I was "Patrick from Oregon" until I heard THREE other Patrick's from Oregon call in and pledge during one night off the marathon.

I like "New Mike".

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #370 on: July 08, 2009, 09:18:56 PM »

I like "New Mike From Chicago" or, simply, "New Mike".  Mike frm Chicago can become "Mike Classic," like how Josh was Secular Josh for a while after I started hanging out here.
Who I don't have chocolate?

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:38 PM »
I think you should go with "Chris L from Chicago."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »
buffcoat is always a popular name.

You could be "bumcoat."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

I like "New Mike".

I feel your pain.  When Tom spoke to AP Mike and then re-aired an older clip of Mike from Chicago, I knew I was doomed to confusion.

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2009, 10:01:36 PM »

I like "New Mike From Chicago" or, simply, "New Mike".  Mike frm Chicago can become "Mike Classic," like how Josh was Secular Josh for a while after I started hanging out here.

Aside from the potentially nagging rookie reaffirmation, I do like "New Mike," although it does reminds me of BJ Novak always being "Ryan the Intern" on The Office.