Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291044 times)

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2009, 12:32:47 AM »
I'm an active WFMU booster and Best Show fan but a passive participant.  However, last night I dipped my toe and was misconstrued for a parallel FOT.  In Tom's defense, Chicago's a big Best Show city and "Mike" couldn't be a more ubiquitous name, but the fact is, I had never called in prior to the 7/7/09 show. 

Thinking about adopting Tom's tag "New Mike from Chicago" to differentiate and try again next week.  Eventually, I'd like to put in the time and graduate to "Mike from Chicago."  Thoughts?

I like "New Mike From Chicago" or, simply, "New Mike".  Mike frm Chicago can become "Mike Classic," like how Josh was Secular Josh for a while after I started hanging out here.

Aside from the potentially nagging rookie reaffirmation, I do like "New Mike," although it does reminds me of BJ Novak always being "Ryan the Intern" on The Office.

You gotta take your lumps, son.  I'll never stop being Pastor Josh.  I'd even settle for PJ.
Who I don't have chocolate?

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2009, 11:53:45 PM »
I'm an active WFMU booster and Best Show fan but a passive participant.  However, last night I dipped my toe and was misconstrued for a parallel FOT.  In Tom's defense, Chicago's a big Best Show city and "Mike" couldn't be a more ubiquitous name, but the fact is, I had never called in prior to the 7/7/09 show. 

Thinking about adopting Tom's tag "New Mike from Chicago" to differentiate and try again next week.  Eventually, I'd like to put in the time and graduate to "Mike from Chicago."  Thoughts?

I like "New Mike From Chicago" or, simply, "New Mike".  Mike frm Chicago can become "Mike Classic," like how Josh was Secular Josh for a while after I started hanging out here.

Aside from the potentially nagging rookie reaffirmation, I do like "New Mike," although it does reminds me of BJ Novak always being "Ryan the Intern" on The Office.

You gotta take your lumps, son.  I'll never stop being Pastor Josh.  I'd even settle for PJ.

You're right.  Ultimately, I just want to hear "quality caller" after I ring in.
Card-carrying FOT, eff 2005.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2009, 12:58:47 AM »

You're right.  Ultimately, I just want to hear "quality caller" after I ring in.

Amen.
Who I don't have chocolate?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:14 AM »
NERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2009, 09:57:06 AM »
Hey all - I started listening last year around Oct or Nov and couldn't always listen live - mostly listened to the archives. I was tired of having things to say and not being able to call in, so I started making the effort to get home earlier on Tues nights. Just called in last week for the first time - I was the one who brought up Alan Partridge.

It was so disorienting to hear Mike through my phone instead of the computer that I had to scramble to turn my radio down when he shot me through to Tom.

So yeah, hi guys. Christina
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »
Hey all - I started listening last year around Oct or Nov and couldn't always listen live - mostly listened to the archives. I was tired of having things to say and not being able to call in, so I started making the effort to get home earlier on Tues nights. Just called in last week for the first time - I was the one who brought up Alan Partridge.

It was so disorienting to hear Mike through my phone instead of the computer that I had to scramble to turn my radio down when he shot me through to Tom.

So yeah, hi guys. Christina

I thought the same thing.  Mike picked up, I said I had something for the topic & then I sat in limbo listening to what I thought was Mike & another caller talking (akin to a party line.) Then, just in time, I realized it was the broadcast feed and Tom switched over to my call.  Kind of disorienting at first...   
Card-carrying FOT, eff 2005.

cogenthought

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
Hi, there; I'm new to the forum.

My name is Nicole, I live in Tampa, and I closed this "post reply" screen three times before I actually started typing anything. To me, it's always kind of weird to jump right out on these message boards and try to float with the current of those who've already been here for a while. Which means, at this rate, I might never call in!

I've been listening to TBS off and on for a while now, and I'm working my way forward through the archives; it's a really great way to get through the workweek (I do data entry type stuff on a computer all day, which can be quite monotonous and really only requires a few braincells).

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Welcome fellow Tampa Bayarian. 

Just wander around awhile you'll get comfy.

Friendricks of New Port Richey
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »

Hey Friendricks, why didn't you respond to my e-mail?
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »
Watch out TeRG, you'll end up in the barbecue.

Yes, I know barbecue is a noun only, but I speak fluent Yankee.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

slipperyslope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2009, 03:45:26 AM »
Hello, I'm Adam from Canada.
I've been listening to Best Show since accidentally discovering an archive several years ago where Tom was roasting the LOTR movies and was entertained and in agreement with what he was saying.

I make weird music that doesn't fly so well in North America (i'm one of those 'techno' people). I was in Germany for 3 years, playing throughout Europe and whatnot and i'm happily enjoying the pleasures of North America again for awhile.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #386 on: July 16, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »

I'm still thinking......
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #387 on: July 16, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »

I'm still thinking......

Eh. Keep thinking.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #388 on: July 16, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »
I've been listening to Best Show since accidentally discovering an archive several years ago where Tom was roasting the LOTR movies and was entertained and in agreement with what he was saying.

I make weird music that doesn't fly so well in North America (i'm one of those 'techno' people). I was in Germany for 3 years, playing throughout Europe and whatnot and i'm happily enjoying the pleasures of North America again for awhile.

FOT theyellowchair makes music with electronics (if im not mistaken).  welcome back to the mainland, ss.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #389 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
I like the music made with the electronics. Does he record as 'the yellow chair', or go by something else?

FOT theyellowchair makes music with electronics (if im not mistaken).  welcome back to the mainland, ss.