Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 292503 times)

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »
Hey Nick,

The premiums are always top quality, so you can obtain one next year.

S & W cd's aren't mentioned on the air because WFMU is a non-commercial radio station. Stereolaffs is a for-profit entity and, as such, it would be wrong for Tom to sell his products over the airwaves.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #436 on: August 16, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
Hey Nick,

The premiums are always top quality, so you can obtain one next year.

S & W cd's aren't mentioned on the air because WFMU is a non-commercial radio station. Stereolaffs is a for-profit entity and, as such, it would be wrong for Tom to sell his products over the airwaves.

That's really interesting. I always figured it was something more along the lines of keeping the illusion of Wurster's calls being real for first-time listeners or something. Thanks for the answer!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #437 on: August 16, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »
Tom is by far the strictest on this policy -  Andy Breckman mentions Monk literally every five minutes.

OK, not literally
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »
dNk, huh?

Anxiety rising.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #439 on: August 16, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »
Tom is by far the strictest on this policy -  Andy Breckman mentions Monk literally every five minutes.

OK, not literally

I don't listen to 7 SECOND DELAY (should I? What other WFMU shows do you all recommend?), but it's pretty admirable of Tom to be so strict about a policy about that.

dNk, huh?

Anxiety rising.

Haha. They're my actual initials. My first name is David, though, coincidentally. I go by middle name Nick though.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
Check out The Acousmatic Theater Hour hosted by master playwright and FOT, Jason Grote. It's on Mondays from 5-6 PM.

(No, Grote didn't pay me to mention that. I don't even know him.)
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2009, 07:33:28 PM »

OK, not literally

I don't listen to 7 SECOND DELAY (should I? What other WFMU shows do you all recommend?), but it's pretty admirable of Tom to be so strict about a policy about that.

dNk, huh?

Anxiety rising.

Haha. They're my actual initials. My first name is David, though, coincidentally. I go by middle name Nick though.

Please don't tell me you're from Kalamazoo or Kokomo.

gorgeaway

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #442 on: August 17, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »
now that i'm hooked on the Best Show, i guess its time to start reading the forum.
i don't need it, i want it!

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #443 on: August 17, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »

OK, not literally

dNk, huh?

Anxiety rising.

7SD is great, evn when it's awful.  (Although last week's wasn't very good.)  I think it's probably a combination of FCC rules and keeping the joke going.  I've heard Tom forcefully but kindly slap down callers for mentioning either S and W or Monk, even if it was a legititmate question.
Who I don't have chocolate?

dukerayburn

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #444 on: August 19, 2009, 01:13:48 AM »
Hi, Greg from Omaha. Just called for the first time tonight, and getting on the line with Patton was just..totally awesome. And getting to riff with him a little bit on KFC food was a dream come true, as strange as that might sound.

It took me a while to figure out just what this show was about, but now that I have I really love it. It was very fresh to me during the last pledge drive, I'll definitely be pledging next year. Every week's a treat.

mattaukamp

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #445 on: August 23, 2009, 05:54:09 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm Matt. From PA. Just got into the show through the podcasts mid-2008 and been a huge fan ever since. The show has introduced me to tons of cool stuff (like Hodgman, PFT, Look Around You, I'm Alan Partridge, etc...) and it's been killing it in 2009. Also, I'm a good pal of Alvaro from GM.

There's me introducing myself. THE. END.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm Matt. From PA. Just got into the show through the podcasts mid-2008 and been a huge fan ever since. The show has introduced me to tons of cool stuff (like Hodgman, PFT, Look Around You, I'm Alan Partridge, etc...) and it's been killing it in 2009. Also, I'm a good pal of Alvaro from GM.

ive been wondering who this @mattaukamp is he's been twittering on about.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:29 PM »
Hey guys,

Hello, Kid.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

tits mcgee

• Policemans heel
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »
OK, just going thru the archives, I've got a bunch of eps on my Ipod and I'm getting the strangest looks from people for laughing uncontrollably in public.  (I can't help it)

Q: the name of the fellow who says he works with Tom? the one who is trying to start that "rock band?" asks him to move the stuff around on his desk to make it look like he's been there? the one who phoned in pretending to be a well known baseball player?

He kills me.

If a rash develops, discontinue use.

Sarah

« Reply #449 on: August 25, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »
Darren.