Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290933 times)

AlizaEss

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #465 on: September 15, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
I'm never actually home during a broadcast, but the podcasts have made my commutes working hours really unsettling for those around me.

this is where im at.  people think im not working because im laughing so much.

Agreed. I sit alone in a small, cubby-like area with lots of filing drawers, and have actually laughed out loud by myself while listening to archives.  Most memorably I believe during the epic Gathering of the Juggalos bit, and also when Dave from Knoxville got his sweet sweet revenge on the evil dressing-splasher.

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #466 on: September 23, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »
DFK's revenge was a great moment.

I'm never actually home during a broadcast, but the podcasts have made my commutes working hours really unsettling for those around me.

this is where im at.  people think im not working because im laughing so much.

Agreed. I sit alone in a small, cubby-like area with lots of filing drawers, and have actually laughed out loud by myself while listening to archives.  Most memorably I believe during the epic Gathering of the Juggalos bit, and also when Dave from Knoxville got his sweet sweet revenge on the evil dressing-splasher.

cordobafett

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2009, 12:57:46 AM »
Greetings from the "Bible" "Belt", my wife and I are dedicated Birmingham listeners. Greetings to all fellow FOTs, and to all that make TBSOWFMU possible. Especially Tom.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #468 on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:37 AM »
Welcome, fellow Son of the South.

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2009, 11:23:27 PM »
Hi I'm Bobby from Nashville. I have been listening to the Best Show for over a year now. At first I was exclusively a podcast listener, and now my schedule permits me to listen live. Tom listens to good music, and listening live gives me the opportunity to listen to the jams. I called in once to the Mike and Therese show with my childhood trauma, but have yet to call the man himself.

The Best Show has inspired me to do a show at my local freeform/college radio station at WRVU Vanderbilt University. It doesn't ape the best show, but we do make subtle references to our favorite freeform radio show. So subtle, you would have to be a fan to catch it.

My FOT chatname is waltkellysghost

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #470 on: October 21, 2009, 02:50:38 AM »
Welcome, all newcomers.  Waltkellysghost, I enjoyed your contributions in the chat tonight.
Who I don't have chocolate?

PDXPeter

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #471 on: October 21, 2009, 01:03:03 PM »
New to the board (but not the show) and very excited to be here, thanks. I'm trying to find other listeners here in Portland Oregon! I absolutely can't stop listening to the clip of James getting Jamesed!

PDXPeter

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #472 on: October 21, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »
Welcome, fellow Son of the South.
Hi Dave. Peter here. I thought of your Dirtbombs boxed wine story this weekend when I had the pleasure of seeing them here in Portland. It was amazing!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »
Hi I'm Bobby from Nashville. I have been listening to the Best Show for over a year now. At first I was exclusively a podcast listener, and now my schedule permits me to listen live. Tom listens to good music, and listening live gives me the opportunity to listen to the jams. I called in once to the Mike and Therese show with my childhood trauma, but have yet to call the man himself.

The Best Show has inspired me to do a show at my local freeform/college radio station at WRVU Vanderbilt University. It doesn't ape the best show, but we do make subtle references to our favorite freeform radio show. So subtle, you would have to be a fan to catch it.

My FOT chatname is waltkellysghost

Bobby! I am in Nashville RIGHT NOW! Just off of Murfreesboro Road, across from the airport!!!

Uhhh, could you bring me a sandwich?

Actually, I just had lunch that famous cafeteria again, with that creep with the salad dressing story.

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #474 on: October 26, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »
I am a new person.
I've been listening to this show for about a year.
Ran through all of the archives.
I'm in San Diego, so I await the new podcasts weekly.
what I would like to know is if there is any way (aside from the realaudio in the archives) to hear the older shows?

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #475 on: October 26, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »
Love your handle, oncegomped.  You may have heard rumors about something that happens at fifty posts.  All I can say is post away.
Who I don't have chocolate?

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #476 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »
The magic 50 was alluded to in the begining of this thread but I have no idea what it entails!
Now I've gotta know, problem is, the last messageboard I posted on it took me about 6 monts to get to 50 posts. I'll do my best.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #477 on: October 26, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »
problem is, the last messageboard I posted on it took me about 6 monts to get to 50 posts.
Use both hands when typing.  I figured that out a little while back.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

David

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #478 on: October 26, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
It's for the downloading section, and just go to the POST BURNING topic on the forum and you'll be able to know it.

The magic 50 was alluded to in the begining of this thread but I have no idea what it entails!
Now I've gotta know, problem is, the last messageboard I posted on it took me about 6 monts to get to 50 posts. I'll do my best.

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #479 on: October 26, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
problem is, the last messageboard I posted on it took me about 6 monts to get to 50 posts.
Use both hands when typing.  I figured that out a little while back.
Both hands you say?
We'll see if this works.
Personally, I'm doubtful.