Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290952 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #480 on: October 27, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »
problem is, the last messageboard I posted on it took me about 6 monts to get to 50 posts.
Use both hands when typing.  I figured that out a little while back.
Both hands you say?
We'll see if this works.
Personally, I'm doubtful.

People would be all over this one in the forum across the way.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

waltkellysghost

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #481 on: October 27, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
Bobby! I am in Nashville RIGHT NOW! Just off of Murfreesboro Road, across from the airport!!!

Uhhh, could you bring me a sandwich?

Actually, I just had lunch that famous cafeteria again, with that creep with the salad dressing story

Sorry Dave, I read this a few days late. I will bring you a sammich next time. Would you like catfish and mustard, insanely hot chicken, spaghetti sammich, or fried bologna?

I was also thinking that maybe you should head up the southern branch of Tom's Army. Post a new thread on it! We'll have to promise in writing that we won't secede.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #482 on: October 27, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
Bobby! I am in Nashville RIGHT NOW! Just off of Murfreesboro Road, across from the airport!!!

Uhhh, could you bring me a sandwich?

Actually, I just had lunch that famous cafeteria again, with that creep with the salad dressing story

Sorry Dave, I read this a few days late. I will bring you a sammich next time. Would you like catfish and mustard, insanely hot chicken, spaghetti sammich, or fried bologna?

I was also thinking that maybe you should head up the southern branch of Tom's Army. Post a new thread on it! We'll have to promise in writing that we won't secede.

Tennesseeans always have secession in their hearts.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

trickrodd

« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2009, 10:20:04 PM »
Hello Everyone. My name is Pat and I'm from Camarillo, California. I was lucky enough to meet Tom the other week at a Paul F Tompkins show in Los Angeles. That inspired me to take the next step and join the forum.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
Hello Everyone. My name is Pat and I'm from Camarillo, California. I was lucky enough to meet Tom the other week at a Paul F Tompkins show in Los Angeles. That inspired me to take the next step and join the forum.

Welcome. 

"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2009, 01:03:19 AM »

Welcome to the board, trickrodd. Enjoy your stay!
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Megan in Bloomington

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #486 on: November 04, 2009, 07:05:23 AM »
Hi!

Ok, so I'm brand new to the FOT site and more than a little intimidated to try to write a clever introduction in the company of inspired brainiacs.  

My name is Megan and, as my user name implies I'm in Bloomington (the "cool" Bloomington - not the one in IL). For profit, I work in a corporate ethics and compliance department.  I'll pause a moment so you can try to wrap your head around the obvious conflicts of interests and stop laughing.

For fun, I goof off with my husband "Steve of Bloomington", our kiddo and our rat terrier puppy which we walk on a soft t-harness and leash, thankyouverymuch. I now make the sign of the cross and mutter something about 'RIP Dogmo'.

Like everyone else here, I love 'The Best Show' and think Tom's an absolutely brilliant and gifted entertainer.  That said, my favorite regular caller is Spike so, well ... maybe what do I know, right?

Looking forward to meeting other FOTers!

<3  Megan in Bloomington (the "cool" Bloomington)

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #487 on: November 04, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »
Megan, your avatar is going to get me in trouble at work.
Carry on.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
Megan, your avatar is going to get me in trouble at work.
Carry on.

I know, it's creep-tastic!
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

oncegompedtwiceshy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #489 on: November 10, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »
whoops wrong thread

Northrop

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
Hi! My first encounter with the Best Show was the episode where Pudge read Against the Day in one sitting. I have come back each week expecting the same postmodern literary insights and have been consistently disappointed.

Thankfully, Tom said he would help with research with my own novel, so I have continued to slog through this show because it promises to further my own career. I have even pledged. Twice!

Anyway, consistent and tremendous love to all of you denizens of fora. ???
Can't judge a hero by his size!

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2009, 10:54:36 AM »
Hi, Strikedynamo.  I like your Teeny Little Super Guy jif.
Doing it Mentos style.

Northrop

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #492 on: November 11, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
Thanks, Nicole. I never realized until very recently that TLSG and Tom are pretty much the same thing.
Can't judge a hero by his size!

heather

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #493 on: November 14, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »
Hi all. This is Heather from Sweden -- previously from Florida, then New York, then San Francisco. I found out about The Best Show a while back from Matthew Perpetua, and have become a devoted listener since moving abroad this summer. American voices make me happy. And so does stellar humor. Yay Best Show!

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »
Thanks, Nicole. I never realized until very recently that TLSG and Tom are pretty much the same thing.

Awesome?
Doing it Mentos style.