Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290955 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #525 on: November 28, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
The JazzFart compelled me to join the FOT forum. Greetings.
It compelled me to consider buying a Zappa album.  I probably won't though.

Probably wise - The only people I've ever known who liked Zappa have been musician dudes who've been in at least 3 bar bands.

I am a musician dude, but I have only ever been in one bar band.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #526 on: November 28, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »

Probably wise - The only people I've ever known who liked Zappa have been musician dudes who've been in at least 3 bar bands.

Hey there Mister Technical!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Pat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
I'm Pat. I've been listening for 6 months or so now. I own a few Frank Zappa albums (Mothers era).

Stumpy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #528 on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:49 PM »
Hey, I am a pretty new listener to the show, just started about two months ago with thumbing through the archive, and now I usually listen through the podcast since my Tuesdays are really busy.

Also I don't think I own a single Zappa album.

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #529 on: December 02, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »

I'm a musician as well. Does bar band mean 4 hour sets of Foghat and Molly Hatchet tunes? While patrons persistently scream out for other classic rock covers that you don't know......"Play The Pusher, man! Gah...."

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #530 on: December 03, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »

I'm a musician as well. Does bar band mean 4 hour sets of Foghat and Molly Hatchet tunes? While patrons persistently scream out for other classic rock covers that you don't know......"Play The Pusher, man! Gah...."

Well c'mon, why wouldn't you platy The Pusher?
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #531 on: December 03, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
We were too busy playing USB Port.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #532 on: December 03, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »

We had an odd combo, because 2 of us were white guys, with a common grounding in 60's/70's era rock (Neil Young, Doors, that sort of stuff), and the 2 African-American guys who were ten years younger, who were really into late 70's through late 80's era soul and r&b stuff. So it wouldn't be odd for us to do a set that included Down by the River, followed by My Prerogative, followed by I Shot the Sheriff, then maybe My Girl or I Started a Joke or Smoking Gun. Lots of fun! Lots of drunks.

I wouldn't have any problem playing a Foghat song; I was there to entertain people, not because I was suffering for my art.

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #533 on: December 03, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »

We had an odd combo, because 2 of us were white guys, with a common grounding in 60's/70's era rock (Neil Young, Doors, that sort of stuff), and the 2 African-American guys who were ten years younger, who were really into late 70's through late 80's era soul and r&b stuff. So it wouldn't be odd for us to do a set that included Down by the River, followed by My Prerogative, followed by I Shot the Sheriff, then maybe My Girl or I Started a Joke or Smoking Gun. Lots of fun! Lots of drunks.

I wouldn't have any problem playing a Foghat song; I was there to entertain people, not because I was suffering for my art.

I would LOVE to hear Down By The River into My Prerogative live!!

Jason From Buffalo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #534 on: December 07, 2009, 06:21:43 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Jason from Buffalo, NY. I've been listening to the show for awhile now, and decided I should probably start checking out the message board. We have a bunch of devoted Best Show fans here in Buffalo.

JasonfromSt.Paul

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #535 on: December 12, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »
Hey. I'm Jason and I live in St Paul. I now I'm just dropping all this new info. Anyhow, I listen to the Best Show achieves at work. Love it.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #536 on: December 12, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »
Hello?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

uncleboatshoes

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #537 on: December 14, 2009, 01:26:45 PM »
I am a new person!

This applies both to the FOT Forums and to life itself!  I'm a baby!  Actually, I prefer the term infant.  I've been listening about 6 months or so (I'm 8 months old overall) but I'm really devouring the archives in a almost intervention inducing manner.

harris

« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »
I'm Paul. I posted here a few times a couple years ago during my first stint of Best Show hysteria. I stopped because I thought it was just a passing thing. I was wrong. I am pretty sure I will love the Best Show forever.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys. I've heard a lot of your names.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #539 on: December 17, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »
Hello to all the new people.
Doing it Mentos style.