Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290911 times)

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »
Thanks Nicole. I like your name too.

ta22tarantula

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »
First time poster - Long time caller!

tbsowfmu is a highlight of my week, and i'm bummed when i can't listen to it in real time.

i was pulling for wally wackiman, but i guess H-man is more multi dimmensional.

emma from atlanta  :D

AdamM

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #572 on: January 24, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
Good afternoon, everyone!

I, somehow, wasn't aware of the Best Show until some time in May 2009. Since then, I've been devouring all available podcasts of the full show as well as the Gems. I've also been hitting up the archives when time allows. I've very quickly become a huge fan of the show, and it is time for me to become a more active listener in 2010! Not quite ready to call in yet, but these boards seem like a good place to get started.

So here I am. Post numero uno! (That's Spanish for "number one." I think I may have learned that on Sesame Street.)

Regards,

Adam (from Chicago)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #573 on: January 26, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »
I will be in Chicago in April. Where do you live?

AdamM

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #574 on: January 26, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
I live on the north side. The neighborhood is either Lincoln Square or Albany Park, depending on who you ask. What brings you to the Second City?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #575 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »
I live on the north side. The neighborhood is either Lincoln Square or Albany Park, depending on who you ask. What brings you to the Second City?

I was joking about the "where do you live" part, but I am apparently coming for a conference on blended/hybrid learning.

Dan in Chicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
Hey Everybody.

I'm Dan, also from Chicago, though I'm in Olympia Washington trying to intern for K Records until March. I've been listening for almost a year now, and finally decided to get involved on the forum. So here I am, throwing my hat in the ring.

Dan (from Chicago)
There is no good Art in here.

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »
That is cool! K has been one of my favorite labels since like One Foot in the Grave. Although to be honest I have no idea who is on their active roster. Are they still good? Still signing good bands? Good luck with the internship.

Dan in Chicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »
That is cool! K has been one of my favorite labels since like One Foot in the Grave. Although to be honest I have no idea who is on their active roster. Are they still good? Still signing good bands? Good luck with the internship.

Thanks!
I haven't got it yet, and I might need to return to school before I get it, but K is still a pretty rocking label. As well as releasing a bunch of the old stuff they still pick up a few people here and there. One of my favorites on there now is a band called Desolation Wilderness. The cool part of Olympia is that the active K bands play all the time around town, and people come up from Portland and from all over to try to get on K.

nicole

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
Hearing that K still puts out good records makes me feel like the world is a safe place. Maybe I'm getting old...

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #580 on: February 01, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
Can someone explain the "That's it Brock-o, shake him off!"

Have you seen that they've been changed recently? Interesting...
Doing it Mentos style.

Dan in Chicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #581 on: February 01, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
I'm now some sort of foot problem. Did Mike have something to do with this?

Dellaventura

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #582 on: February 04, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
Hey everybody, name's Mike.  I actually met Tom last year on two separate occasions at a Barnes and Noble 's and The Gap, respectively.  He was really cool.

mrKat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #583 on: February 04, 2010, 11:43:23 PM »
HoYo! The name is Mr.Kat! I'm a Long time listener but I have never called. I need to call in some time. Not a big fan of posting to forums, more of a lurker I guess. Any fan of tom is a friend of mine. Nice to meet you fudge munchers!

MrKat!
Somewhere between who knows and who cares!

Nigel

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #584 on: February 18, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
i always hate doing stuff like this

i'm nigel, i live like 20 minutes from chicago. mostly i write music, and i've started to listen to the best show archives when i'm going to sleep. it might be a bad idea cause last night i had a dream where i tried smoking meth and it was actually pretty awesome. also gravity was pretty low and i was just jumping all over the place.

honestly i'm a short time listener (a couple months), but i promise i have a long time heart.