Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291087 times)

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #630 on: March 27, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
Welcome Andy!  I hope you're still cool with your ex-boss at Dust-To-Digital, because I got to meet him briefly when he flew to Seattle for the Victrola Favorites release party at Wall Of Sound records, and he was really sweet.

Andy from Atlanta

• Policemans heel
« Reply #631 on: March 27, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
Welcome Andy!  I hope you're still cool with your ex-boss at Dust-To-Digital, because I got to meet him briefly when he flew to Seattle for the Victrola Favorites release party at Wall Of Sound records, and he was really sweet.

Lance is a great guy! Dust-to-Digital is a true mom & pop operation that deserves every bit of the success that they have garnered.

Victrola Favorites may actually be my favorite release of theirs. Do you know the guys at Sublime Frequencies? OR are you one of them??? I met Rob when he was in Atlanta.

"The absence of limitations is the enemy of art."
— Orson Welles

ChixPox Party

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #632 on: March 27, 2010, 05:54:42 PM »
i've been listening to the new shows on tuesdays and going back and listening to the early archives in order throughout the rest of the week.  it's funny hearing the not-so-subtle differences between the old ones and new ones:  tom not hanging up on callers... his cheerier demeanor... and the amount of listeners just calling up just to say, "would you guys mind if i told everyone that this interview is totally a fake?"

it's just like watching that movie momento.  no spoilers, please.

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #633 on: April 07, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »

Lance is a great guy! Dust-to-Digital is a true mom & pop operation that deserves every bit of the success that they have garnered.

Victrola Favorites may actually be my favorite release of theirs. Do you know the guys at Sublime Frequencies? OR are you one of them??? I met Rob when he was in Atlanta.

I'm not one of them, but I'm an acquaintance of Rob, Jeffery (of CGT), and Alan B just from going to many of the same shows in town for a while, and going to Wall Of Sound records on occasion.  I doubt they would know who "mackro" is, though, lol.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #634 on: April 07, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
Who is it? Bootsy Collins?

Look up "Sho Nuff."

I've been wondering idly about this for years now. Between this and the big Spike reveal, I'm feeling like ALL the mystique is disappearing! I fear we may be facing a global mystique shortage. Peak mystique?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #635 on: April 07, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »

Look up "Sho Nuff."

I've been wondering idly about this for years now. Between this and the big Spike reveal, I'm feeling like ALL the mystique is disappearing! I fear we may be facing a global mystique shortage. Peak mystique?

Nope.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Pidgeon

« Reply #636 on: April 07, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »
WFMU's "On The Download" section has all the mystique and weirdness that I'll ever need.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #637 on: April 08, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »

Look up "Sho Nuff."

Hell, I've been to TWO FOT meetups now.  There was more mystique left about Anna Nicole Smith at the end.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #638 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »

Hell, I've been to TWO FOT meetups now.  There was more mystique left about Anna Nicole Smith at the end.

Hey, no one asked you to rip off your clothes and start skipping around the bar. That was your choice.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #639 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »

Hey, no one asked you to rip off your clothes and start skipping around the bar. That was your choice.

What can I say?  I'd always said that I would do nudity if were artistically justified.

HeywoodFloyd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #640 on: April 09, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
Hey there. Somehow I feel more awkward introducing myself here than I would if I met any of you in person. My actual name is Jason, but as a fan of a certain series of books and movies I tend to use this 'nick', as we called it in the olden days of the internet. I discovered the best show on a creepy night some years ago, ought-two i'd say, when I callously left the radio tuned to FMU as I walked out the door with a skip and a hop after another rousing and terrifying Dave E-M-O-R-Y Show. After a couple of slices from the REAL ACTUAL Ray's Pizza on Ave of the Americas and 11th st, I returned home to the sound of a despondent man asking his listeners to cheer him up lest he kill himself. I do not know how he survived. He was savaged by his audience and made to feel worse.

Naturally, I ran tape. It was thrilling.

I'm surprised Tom is still alive, but ever so pleased as -- well, I was just about to say that I got back into the show after being "away" for a while, but then realized just how horrible that thought is. Here I am, happy Tom didn't kill himself that night because he's fun and funny and I wouldn't have those three hours of mirth on Tuesdays today had he killed himself that night this is so typical of me and how selfish i am my ex wife was right of course i should just be happy that tom didn't kill himself, that he got over his torment and is now feeling better...

So that's the sort of shite you can expect out of me I guess. Truth is I was never married. Glad to become a card-carrying FOT, and look forward to perhaps attending a gathering here in NYC. I'm in Brooklyn, USA.

Bushwick, if you must know.

Hey did you know that Bushwick used to be home to the makers of Rheingold beer? Each day at lunchtime, the fellas at Rheingold would open a faucet which was open to the public so that local factory/industrial workers could wash down their sangwich with a bit of Rheingold.

For that reason, I drink that swill whenever I can find it. Cuz that's just cool.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #641 on: April 09, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »
So that's the shite you can expect. Glad.

Yeah!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #642 on: April 10, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
I particularly liked the devolution into lowercased stream-of-consciousness guilt in the third paragraph.  And the mention of Rheingold, which evoked fond memories of my wayward youth.

waitwuuuut

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #643 on: April 14, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »
Hi.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #644 on: April 14, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »
You are Ascendant, flooney.  Can you keep it up?