Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291062 times)

msgier

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #690 on: September 09, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »
Hi Tom (and fellow FOTs)!

This is Mike in Philadelphia...long time listener, FINALLY posting to the forum.

I make comics and an assortment of cartoons and drawings. Just trying to make it all happen. Glad to be here, and Best Show for Life!

jacobg

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #691 on: September 13, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »
Hello Tom! Hello everyone else!

My name is Jacob, I'm a college student studying radio broadcasting in Toronto. I've been a Best Show listener for about 3 years now. Tom, your show has been a great influence on my decision to go into the broadcasting industry (so thank you sir!). I love movies, I read comic books, I don't really watch much television but I do love the show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Thats about it, hope to converse with you all via the forums often!

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #692 on: September 14, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
I'm new as well. I've been a fan of TBSoWFMU for about a year and a half.
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #693 on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
Hello, Rick from in Salt Lake. I see that you're already one of the board's most prolific posters.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #694 on: September 14, 2010, 09:04:39 PM »
Hello, Rick from in Salt Lake. I see that you're already one of the board's most prolific posters.
I am a big fan of enthusiasm. 
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »
*moves over to microphone, and the PA lets out a high squeal of feedback*

Hey FOTs, this is Dragon Chiptune. I heard Tom on a marathon. Many years later I listen every week. I have given my marathon pledges during Tom's show for several years in a row. I'm not a participant in the show itself, while I think I could be molded by Tom into a favorite caller, made of clay, shaped as a dragon.

*fumbles with microphone and bumps nose on it*

Um, I love cartoons, food and bars. I'm a city person. WFMU has a very personal meaning to me. I used to listen to it on a radio in Jersey. It was very faint and distorted. I listened to music on WFMU a lot. I suppose it could have been an entertainment font for me because I was too young to be entertained in a bar, and it was Jersey.

*giggles*

Well, that's all I wanted to say. Have a great night. Good bye, FO-

*microphone cut off*

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #696 on: September 15, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »
Well done, dragonchiptune. Welcome!

Nick_From_Brooklyn

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #697 on: October 24, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »
Hey all, new guy here too. I've only been into the Best Show for about five or six months, but I'm making my way through the archives daily. (The fact that most of the older ones are only available in RealAudio streams obviously inhibit my ability to listen to TBS on the road)

At any rate, I hope to be able to call into the show soon, despite my work schedule.

What's that Mike? This post is already really boring?

Heave h---

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #698 on: October 24, 2010, 07:56:40 AM »
Ho, Nick.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:58 AM »
Hi all,

Tim from Victoria here.

Thought it high time I joined the forums/chat.

ABBAs Helicopter

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2010, 06:19:28 AM »
So as not to be a jerk that jumps into conversations unawares - this is Jason from Memphis.

I met some ridiculous and entertaining people about two months ago at Gonerfest and now I get to be obnoxious with them on the internet.

Like, you know, I don't do that elsewhere already. Now I just have another place to do it while nerding it up over a radio show.

You all have iambaronvontito to blame.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #701 on: November 10, 2010, 12:50:20 PM »
So as not to be a jerk that jumps into conversations unawares - this is Jason from Memphis.

I met some ridiculous and entertaining people about two months ago at Gonerfest and now I get to be obnoxious with them on the internet.

Like, you know, I don't do that elsewhere already. Now I just have another place to do it while nerding it up over a radio show.

You all have iambaronvontito to blame.

It was nice meeting you in Memphis, Jason. 

I wondered how long it would be before you showed up around these parts.

Welcome!

Fredericks

ABBAs Helicopter

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #702 on: November 12, 2010, 09:53:16 AM »
Welcome!

Fredericks

Ah-hah! Yeah, that whole thing was crazy, I just wish I could remember more of it. I don't THINK I made too much of a fool of myself. If I didn't there, I'm sure I will before too long, don't worry.

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #703 on: November 14, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »
Hey everybody!
This is Jim in Chicago, just wanted to check in here first before diving into the board.  I've been steamrolling through the archives for the past few months, and I needed to extend my Best Show fandom to the internet, so here I am.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #704 on: November 14, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
I vote for Jimmy Noodles as best new online nickname.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?