Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291070 times)

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #705 on: November 16, 2010, 09:27:39 AM »
I am sincerely flattered.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #706 on: November 16, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »
Hi I'm Sasha from Toronto! Been listening to the show for a year and a bit and just thought I should start posting on the board, so here I am.

I'm an university student and writer.

jimakaclark

• Policemans heel
« Reply #707 on: November 16, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
I am new on the board as well.  Also named Jim and from Chicago.  My nickname is not as good as Jimmy Noodles, but there are too many Jims from Chicago that call in so I will probably call under the name Clark.  I've been a fan since I heard rock rot & rule in 1999 and listened for the past 5 years.

I'd like to suggest all the Jims in Chicago get together and call the best show one week.

Paydirt!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #708 on: November 17, 2010, 01:19:42 AM »
Hello! My name's Peter and I'm from Tasmania; I've been listening to the podcasts every week since April, but I only called the show for the first time tonight (Wednesday afternoon my time) so I won't go calling myself "Peter from Tasmania" just yet. I'll try and earn it.

My phone dropped out during the Golden Girls conversation and I couldn't get back on; I hope Tom and guests didn't think I hung up just because they got sidetracked! I was only going to talk about puzzling fashion trends I've seen at particular rock shows. Very impressed that literally the first Australian band Tom could think of was the UV Race (they played our LP launch in Melbourne!)

Anyway, I've got that first call out of the way, and now here I am at this place, which (from my experience with internet forums) looks incredibly nice.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #709 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:23 AM »
Who are the good Aussie jazz bands that lady was talking aboot?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Paydirt!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #710 on: November 17, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »
I still haven't heard the show, but I'm aware that we ("we") have given the world a jazz band called the Necks. Was that one?

JimmyNoodles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #711 on: November 17, 2010, 11:02:31 PM »

I'd like to suggest all the Jims in Chicago get together and call the best show one week.

I'd be interested in how this would play out

Litiot

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #712 on: November 22, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »
hello - another jim from (near) chicago here - long time reader, first time typer.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #713 on: November 22, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »
I still haven't heard the show, but I'm aware that we ("we") have given the world a jazz band called the Necks. Was that one?

One of your fellow Ozers said she liked jazz but couldn't name any artists. 

Maybe Necks maybe no Necks.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Paydirt!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #714 on: November 22, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »
I checked; no Necks. (Concise and poetic!)

I was so nervous calling in that I did not even catch that Tom's first guess at my name was "Paydirt". Now I almost want to change my name on here already. Even if it would mean resetting my post count from a mighty 3 to a pitiful 0.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #715 on: November 22, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
I checked; no Necks. (Concise and poetic!)

I was so nervous calling in that I did not even catch that Tom's first guess at my name was "Paydirt". Now I almost want to change my name on here already. Even if it would mean resetting my post count from a mighty 3 to a pitiful 0.

Dear Paydirt,

Do It!

Under Pressure.

Fredericks

Paydirt!

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #716 on: November 22, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »
Oh hey! I didn't even have to start up a new account. All profit, no consequences. Paydirt!

jendawnb

• Policemans heel
« Reply #717 on: November 23, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »
Dear Paydirt,

Do It!

Under Pressure.

Fredericks

Oh hey! I didn't even have to start up a new account. All profit, no consequences. Paydirt!

This is my kind of peer pressure.  Exclamation point.
"I am the shade of a person who was killed in a violent crime, and my spirit lingers here on earth because of the unfinished business that I have in life.  Could you play some Ke$ha?"

sockhead

• Policemans heel
« Reply #718 on: December 14, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
Hello,

I'm Brian from Rochester, NY.  I've only been listening to the show since this past summer but in combing the archives, I realized a good friend of mine's band got "smashed" on the show a long time ago.  I've spent large parts of my life in Buffalo, NY too, so I consider that my other home town. 

TheeChrisDee

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #719 on: December 20, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
Hey there.

I'm Chris from Raleigh, NC...by way of Boston, MA.

Been listening to the show religiously since a friend of mine told me about it back in March.  I'm now working my way though the archives...definitely gets me through my work week.

After the birth of my daughter, The Best Show has been the best addition to my life this year.
Can I use the "F-word", Tom?