Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290893 times)

Matt from Springfield

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #720 on: January 02, 2011, 10:08:25 PM »
Hello!

Matt from Springfield (Virginia) here. I've been listening to the Best Show about a year and a half now, glad to chat with other Friends of Tom!

It's been almost two years since I first started listening to WFMU, and around that time I checked out the Apr 28, 2009 show after Brian Turner announced earlier that day Martin Short would be on at 8. I don't normally like talk radio, but before that episode ended I decided I LOVED Tom and the Best Show! I never heard anything like that before, and don't think I will find a talk radio show more enjoyable! (I have since determined that 'FMU talk shows in general are the best, Tom's still #1).

Like many FOTs probably were, I was drawn in to Tom's humor long before I even knew about BS--a writer of "Monk", which has been around since I was in high school, "Tom Goes To The Mayor" and esp. "Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!" from when I was in college (and stayed up very late watching those on Adult Swim!) Thank you Tom, for still leaving me impressed!

Matt from Springfield [Virginia]

nmitaly

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #721 on: January 15, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »
How can I not enjoy Tom? Growing up, instead of sports I worshipped music, my heros were in the bands I grew up with, Class of 71, just behind the man ...
None of us are as dumb as all of us

dudep

• Policemans heel
« Reply #722 on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
Present.

Chloe inChicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #723 on: January 27, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
What a guy!

Hello everybody! Chloe here. I'm excited to be a part of the Best.

JohnG

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #724 on: January 31, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »
Hi, this is John from San Francisco. I am sort of obsessed with this show, and have been urged to phone in by a Quality Caller. This Q.C. has questioned my courage for not calling up. But I don't know if I could learn to live with being Heave Ho'd. Anyway, hello everyone.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #725 on: January 31, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Hi, this is John from San Francisco. I am sort of obsessed with this show, and have been urged to phone in by a Quality Caller. This Q.C. has questioned my courage for not calling up. But I don't know if I could learn to live with being Heave Ho'd. Anyway, hello everyone.

Don't fear the Heave Ho. Just don't be a jerk and, even if you're heave ho'd, you will live to call again.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #726 on: February 09, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »
Howdy. I'm Derek writing here from Chicago.

I just started listening to the show a few months back (god bless the iPhone/WFMU app). Since I first checked the show out, I've heard every show and have basically blown through the archives in no time in addition to getting a few friends hooked. Good times!

Just figured I would introduce myself here before wasting people's times by posting about nonsense.

So howdy to everyone.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #727 on: February 10, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
Yes, hello.

This is Nowah in Ashland, Oregon.

I'm what Tom might call "one of those NPR types" as I make my modest living working for the local affiliate, but I'm one of the good ones. Car Talk is terrible.

I saw that my grrrl Chloe hangs out here, so I registered.

That's all I have for now.

wood and iron

« Reply #728 on: February 11, 2011, 08:49:23 AM »
I'm from a town named Ashland as well however it's in Pennsylvania.

Chloe inChicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #729 on: February 11, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »
Yes, hello.

I'm what Tom might call "one of those NPR types" as I make my modest living working for the local affiliate, but I'm one of the good ones. Car Talk is terrible.

Yo!

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »
Yes, hello.

Southern Oregon REPRESENT!!

However, in ten weeks you are going to have to carry that banner on your own.

Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
In ten weeks, I'll only been waving that banner for another seven weeks, thank goodness.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
Weird, on the PIX message board there's a guy in Ashland also named Nowah who listens to The Best Show.  I bet you two would get along.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

Terry From Cleveland

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #733 on: February 20, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
Hey all,

Listener for just about 2 years. Can't remember how I discovered the show. It probably had something to do with Ted Leo's twitter, since I've been a fan of his for ages. I think my first show was the 2008 marathon, then I went back into the archives. I'm hoping to get to know some Cleveland FOTs so I can rest assured that there are others like me in my area and also to boost our Tompkins 300 numbers. We're halfway there!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=251494911991

-Terry
Let me find my note. Uuuuuh.

YearRoundSteve

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2011, 06:04:49 AM »
Hello all.

My name is Steve. I was born and raised in Farmingdale, NY, lived in Melbourne, FL for quite a few years and just recently moved to Sacramento, CA.

I've been listening to the Best Show for approximately two years now, ever since Paul F. Tompkins posted a link to the "Gathering of the Juggalos" segment. I was immediately in love.

The Best Show has meant alot to me in these two years, it's helped get me through a particularly tough year and I hope to have a great time talking to everyone here!
When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a Ghostbuster or a shark. True story